Page 135 of 241 FirstFirst ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,375 of 6003
    Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    John’s is no-doubt the best uphill route to Mid Mountain.
    +2. Unless I'm short on time I avoid Jenni's and spin up John's, it's a lot more fun and I've rarely seen anyone on it. And when I did their max downhill speed was about 10 mph, that trail is so tight there's no way to haul ass on it so it negates any potential conflict with people coming down.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Goddamn, this is what happens when you build a shitload of world class trails?

FWIW I was living there when Pat built the original Sweeney's trail and a buddy of mine hand built the connector up to Drift and on to Mid-mountain. My how times have changed.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    No, it's what happens when you have a shitload of world-class goobers.

FWIW I was living there when Pat built the original Sweeney's trail and a buddy of mine hand built the connector up to Drift and on to Mid-mountain. My how times have changed.
    I just looked a trail map for Park City for the first time ever. Holy shit that's a lotta trails!! Stacked on top of each other like spaghetti in a bowl.
    sproing!

And that doesn't include the illegal ones that aren't on the map. Navigating around there before Trailforks was not easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    And that doesn't include the illegal ones that aren't on the map. Navigating around there before Trailforks was not easy.
    Shit, even with TF it's hard. When I started biking again I would put together ride plans on the computer then try to follow them. Invariably I'd end up having a super shitty time pulling the phone out every 200' when I hit an intersection. I eventually gave up and started riding whatever was going in the approximate direction I wanted to go. Took me a couple of seasons to be able to navigate PC without needing the map but even now I occasionally find myself looking up some random connector I've never ridden. I sniffed out some of the under-the-radar stuff a couple weeks ago and I got so confused when I crossed trails I knew well, coming in from a different spot than usual got me all turned around!
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Shit, even with TF it's hard.
    True. I recently gave thefortrees some ride suggestions in BCC, then found out he had a dog with him and had the fall back to PC. Unfortunately I wasn't able to play tour guide. Gave him the best info I could but sending him up there blind still felt like, "Godspeed my friend."

but even now I occasionally find myself looking up some random connector I've never ridden.
    Yeah, BT; DT.

Shit, even with TF it's hard. When I started biking again I would put together ride plans on the computer then try to follow them. Invariably I'd end up having a super shitty time pulling the phone out every 200' when I hit an intersection. I eventually gave up and started riding whatever was going in the approximate direction I wanted to go. Took me a couple of seasons to be able to navigate PC without needing the map but even now I occasionally find myself looking up some random connector I've never ridden. I sniffed out some of the under-the-radar stuff a couple weeks ago and I got so confused when I crossed trails I knew well, coming in from a different spot than usual got me all turned around!
    I'm glad its not just me that feels this way.

I hate when my dink gets misaligned in my chamois when its cold out. You pull over to take a piss and its a depressing blue nub tangled in pubic hair.
    So the world is filled with tubular entities. Food goes in one end and shit comes out the other. Sperm goes in and babies come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Meconium View Post
    I hate when my dink gets misaligned in my chamois when its cold out. You pull over to take a piss and its a depressing blue nub tangled in pubic hair.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I'm glad its not just me that feels this way.
    Real talk here.

Also, it annoys me that people think we have world class trails in Park City.

Yes, there's a bunch of super fun trails, and we have a TON of trails overall, but when I sit and dream in winter about trails I've ridden and want to ride again, none of those trails are in Park City.

Quote Originally Posted by Meconium View Post
    That's a proper rant.

I’ve taken to going without my chamois on rides under 20 miles or so. Just boxer briefs and shorts.

I don’t know if the Hardy Boys are hanging lower now that I’m getting older or what, but I’ve buzzed my NutsRageous multiple times in the last couple weeks on downhills and its gonna wreck me sooner or later.

Any place you can get on your bike right out of your door and with a short pedal be able to access single track trails is world class.

I am so fucking over having to load a bike, drive 15-25 minutes, park and deal with a TH, unload the bike, ride and repeat. Don't get me wrong, I moved out of PC in 91 and have few regrets but I do miss that aspect.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Any place you can get on your bike right out of your door and with a short pedal be able to access single track trails is world class.

I am so fucking over having to load a bike, drive 15-25 minutes, park and deal with a TH, unload the bike, ride and repeat. Don't get me wrong, I moved out of PC in 91 and have few regrets but I do miss that aspect.
    Amen. There fuckall for good legal trails where I am, but I can ride 4 blocks to the illegal ones. Every time we've talked about moving, the thought of having to actually DRIVE to ride, especially places where it's 20min-1hour, sounds awful.

I would like to say fuck you to COVID. Wife and I are vaxxed and she tested positive yesterday. We rented a 5bed/5bath house in Moab for my 40th for an adult trip (non refundable). Looks like mother in law isn't going to drive up and watch the kids anymore and who knows if we will be clear with multiple negative test by then:

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...45#post6426945

Obviously, people dying is a bigger deal, but this one still sucks.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    That's just not true at all.

Everytime this stupid right of way discussion comes up, it's park city and front range people bitching about downhill riders interfering with their suffer fest because of "the rules."

Look at the Pacific Northwest or BC. Shitloads of trails. Shitloads of users. Lots of directional trails. Waaaaay less conflict.

There are obvious solutions that work well in many places. Or, alternatively, you can stick to doing the exact same thing and bitching on the internet about how people aren't following the rules that don't really work.
    Not as many uptight assholes in the PNW
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

People who ride closed trails.
    If your ducking under a chain to go ride a trail that the trail provider has closed because of the mud, you're an ass.
    End of rant.

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    Not as many uptight assholes in the PNW
    Prolly, but we’re also prolly a lot less concentrated in one area.
    Since there are waaaay fewer cyclists in my area, it would probably be a good place to test case the uphill-rider-decides protocol. I’m gonna start using it.
    My rant is my air fork needs constant maintenance to keep the air pressure perfect. Fuck it.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    <snip>
    My rant is my air fork needs constant maintenance to keep the air pressure perfect. Fuck it.
    There's always coil.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    There's always coil.
    Maybe an old manitou with the foam plugs.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Hikers and headphones on singletrack oblivious to all other trail users. Some old ladys powerwalking their dogs asked to pass a couple times to no avail until they just bustled on by her and called her a "damn millenial". I shrugged and said, "youre not wrong".

On the same ride i encountered a guy on a walmart bike, wearing a full face and goggles, along with a winter coat and track pants. He was hiking up the last part of a short steep uphill as i powered up it. As soon as he saw me quickly riding up the thing he was just walking up, he ran his bike the last few feet to the top and jumped on and wobbled away. I ended up right on his tail for a few hundred feet before a road crossing, and was backpedaling most of it to make sure he heard me behind him... which he did as he glanced behind him. when it became apparent he wasnt going to let me by at the road crossing, i 4x passed him on the inside. Normally i would have just stopped and waited for him to clear the trail ahead, but my wife (who was already not happy i was riding) had just texted me the newborn had woken up early and i needed to be home ASAP.

Lastly, and this was almost funny if it wasnt so dangerous... some guy was jogging on a 12ft wide super popular multi-use bike/pedestrian path with his dog. his dog was obviously not trained to do so darting all over the place, and he had it on a +15' rope that at times stretched all the way accross the path like a clothesline. I saw one bicyclist run over the leash, and two others skid and almost wreck trying to avoid the dog in the 90 seconds the guy and his dog were in view (2 separate incidents). Just utter disregard for common sense safety, learning ability, or fucks given. Such a shit show.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Hikers and headphones on singletrack oblivious to all other trail users. Some old ladys powerwalking their dogs asked to pass a couple times to no avail until they just bustled on by her and called her a "damn millenial". I shrugged and said, "youre not wrong".
    I came up behind a hiker the other day, started trying to make myself known about 50' away, finally I'm right behind her and yelling. Narrow singletrack so no way to pass. Ultimately she figures it out and lets me by, saying, "I'm just out for a walk enjoying my tunes". I'm sure she's not going to change that. Not a millenial fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    I came up behind a hiker the other day, started trying to make myself known about 50' away, finally I'm right behind her and yelling. Narrow singletrack so no way to pass. Ultimately she figures it out and lets me by, saying, "I'm just out for a walk enjoying my tunes". I'm sure she's not going to change that. Not a millenial fwiw.
    Keep this handy:

Name:  whistle-loud.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  39.3 KB

Physics needs to make up its mind!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR10jYyJ4yE&t=5s

www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    I can't decide what annoys me more, this^ or the new trend of blaring your bluetooth speaker for everyone to hear while you hike or bike. I get that these are busy trails in sight of town that don't have a "wilderness feel" but fuck! Are they lazy? too cheap for headphones? or just that fucking self-absorbed? I'm a firm believer in the idea that more users means more people to fight for places when they are about to be bulldozed over, and I hate to sound like an elitist but all these new covid-inspired outdoors-people seem to be less interested in enjoying nature for what it is and more interested in bringing their suburban recreation ideas into nature.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."