Page 89 of 247 FirstFirst ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 6154
    Well that’s actually a decent idea if I had the knowledge to drill/tap a crank correctly as with new crank I could get a different bb standard. Just trying to avoid buying both new cranks and BB.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I'm a fan of trek's system that lets you zip tie the internal cables to the downtube. Basically just 2 holes in the downtube that you can thread a zip tie through and around the cables. If you have an aluminum frame, you could probably just drill those holes and do the same thing.
    Yeah maybe but I bet the battery is in the way It would be an awful mess if I drilled into that. The other option is to pull the motor and battery pack but that's 3-4 hours worth of effort and I bet I'd fuck something up along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Internal cable rattle - aargh...
    Ahh, just fill it with Great Stuff expanding foam. Problem solved if you don’t like who you sell it to.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    no 27.5 DHR in the REI universe when I need new rubber and have divi plus 15% off coupon. probably gonna regret getting talked into wtb vigilante for the back I bet DHF in the rear would be better. Oh well
    If they have an aggressor in stock I'd go with that.

I occasionally ride with this StravAssHole who has all the segments loaded on his Garmin.
    So when a segment is about to start he drops 10-15 seconds behind us, so we essentially start 15 seconds before him.
    He then rides beside us, or on my wheel the whole climb. When we are at the top of the climb/Segment he makes sure he is beside me or 1 second behind me on my wheel.
    After the ride he always reads out all the segments: Got you by “12 seconds on Power Hill Climb”
    He thinks he is so sneaky, pretends to drink a bottle or adjust his shoes to drop back 15 seconds, I can hear his fucking Garmin beep telling him 250ft until the segment starts. I have the same function on my computer but don’t want it beeping every fucking segment.
    I only occasional ride with this guy, but I find it so weird.
    I think the next time he is planned to ride with us I’ll upload all the segments and sprint finish the last 1500 ft of EVERY segments.
    This is not an Anti-Strava post, I love seeing my personal times/gains/mileage, I just find it really weird how some people are so weird about it.

We had a guy join a group I would occasionally tag along with. Overall pretty chill bunch of dudes, but this guy, ex cop, was a bit aggressive. Let me first say he is a kick ass rider. Very fit and capable. Very health conscious, works out loads etc. Very fun rider to watch, getting airs off of little side features most people wouldn't even see etc.

But shit, never seen a guy on a group ride constantly jockeying for position in tight single track. NOT ONLY THAT - so now he's at the front of our group, and we're coming up to another group of riders - dude departs our pack and starts getting in between them. Thought that was completely jack assed.

TBF, that’s how you HAVE to ride in order to get anywhere on TWE unless you are on the first AM shuttle...but local after work laps? Yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    TBF, that’s how you HAVE to ride in order to get anywhere on TWE unless you are on the first AM shuttle...but local after work laps? Yeah...
    Passing people via creative line choices is half the fun of TWE these days.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Passing people via creative line choices is half the fun of TWE these days.
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    I occasionally ride with this StravAssHole who has all the segments loaded on his Garmin.
    So when a segment is about to start he drops 10-15 seconds behind us, so we essentially start 15 seconds before him.
    He then rides beside us, or on my wheel the whole climb. When we are at the top of the climb/Segment he makes sure he is beside me or 1 second behind me on my wheel.
    After the ride he always reads out all the segments: Got you by “12 seconds on Power Hill Climb”
    He thinks he is so sneaky, pretends to drink a bottle or adjust his shoes to drop back 15 seconds, I can hear his fucking Garmin beep telling him 250ft until the segment starts. I have the same function on my computer but don’t want it beeping every fucking segment.
    I only occasional ride with this guy, but I find it so weird.
    I think the next time he is planned to ride with us I’ll upload all the segments and sprint finish the last 1500 ft of EVERY segments.
    This is not an Anti-Strava post, I love seeing my personal times/gains/mileage, I just find it really weird how some people are so weird about it.
    That’s crazy.

I personally have enjoyed the reduced functionality of the free, basic Strava. I don’t think I have ever discussed heads-to-head segment times with a friend, but I admit I used to check “today” times in segments to see who else I know was in the same segment that day and how fast they were going. Now it’s more like it was with the old school magnet-on-the wheel computer and ride journal.

Smith continuing to design bike helmets with Koroyd...

The Koroyd works really well on ski helmets - breathable without being breezy.... perfect for high output winter activities.

But when I ride my bike in the summer I want my helmet to be breezy - or else my head gets hot as fuck. And this is in the PNW - surely one of their testers or athletes has worn a koroyd helmet somewhere hotter....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Yeah, I did not like the one I tried a few years ago. WAY hot, and not that light.

I still use the original Smith Forefront, and it could be better vented, for sure. I'm used to it, even in hot weather.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Koroyd is effective at blocking direct sunlight on bald or shaved heads.

That’s one plus...

And according to a Consumer Reports test a few years back, the Koroyd actually performed worse in a drop test than regular polystyrene.

I had one Smith (bike) helmet where the Koroyd wasn't even molded into the helmet. It was just a block of the stuff wedged into a hole in the EPS. You could wiggle the Koroyd chunk around. Not particularly confidence inspiring for its performance in a crash.

The Forefront 2 is a lot better ventilated than the original one, since it's got some fully open vents instead of having Koroyd everywhere. I'm also impressed with the Mainline so far, airflow through it is really good for a full face.

Fly Helmets are nice and airy.

Back pain. I typically get a little lower right side back pain in bike season from being tight and out of balance but this year it's much worse. I think bike miles combined with the fact that I have changed work habits from 25% desk time to nearly 100% desk time has been the culprit. Probably taking the next month off from the bike in addition to heavy stretching to try and get this under control.

August is a damn fine time to take a break in the SLC/Ogden Basin/Area!
    Heal up.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Back pain. I typically get a little lower right side back pain in bike season from being tight and out of balance but this year it's much worse. I think bike miles combined with the fact that I have changed work habits from 25% desk time to nearly 100% desk time has been the culprit. Probably taking the next month off from the bike in addition to heavy stretching to try and get this under control.
    Highly recommend this book, helped me a lot:

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/fou...man/1100229870

Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    Highly recommend this book, helped me a lot:

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/fou...man/1100229870
    Thanks, I'll check it out!

I officially kinda hate having to fuck with the clutch on my 12 spd. XT derailleur.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Thanks, I'll check it out!
    I’ve used his YouTube videos some when my back was bothering me and seemed to help.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    I officially kinda hate having to fuck with the clutch on my 12 spd. XT derailleur.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Press-fit bottom brackets. I have several thousand miles on a Cannondale BB30, and never had any issues until this summer, when I started to get some ticking. I got educated on the whole pressfit bottom bracket fiasco, and how they are likely to cause problems - my take on the whole thing is basically that we've sacrificed functional, long-lasting threaded BBs for trendy frame designs. With bike shops so slammed, it took me several weeks to get a new BB...and that one started ticking explosively after just a few hundred miles, which I'm assuming was due to a bad install.

Back to the shop - a different shop this time, with another 2 week turnaround time. I have zero interest in acquiring the tools and knowledge to do this work myself if it's only going to come up every few years, but it's starting to look like I might have to.

Meanwhile the threaded BB on the MTB I use for commuting and other in-town crap has either 10k or 20k miles on it (can't remember if it got replaced at one point) and is going strong.