Page 63 of 241 FirstFirst ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 6022
    Make sure to get some earplugs at the same time. Also 100 psi is fucking weak sauce if you ever want to use it for any sort of nail gun.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Make sure to get some earplugs at the same time. Also 100 psi is fucking weak sauce if you ever want to use it for any sort of nail gun.
    True.

I have the 6 gal Porter Cable pancake compressor, which I originally bought for finish and trim nailing, but it works great for an inflation compressor. But yeah, it's loud. I think retail is like $150 for just the compressor but walmart seems to have it for $99. Might be a good purchase if you ever want it to run a finish nail gun.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Porter-Ca...oaAlxcEALw_wcB

I have no foreseeable need for a nail gun.

*man card joke*

Anyone have anything they'd like to rant about?

My Airshot has served me well. It’s got a nice threaded adaptor for using when the Core is pulled. That bit hasn’t let me down yet. 🤞🏻

I sold my 1 gal pancake a couple moves ago. Tired of lugging it around. Tired of pulling it and the hose and the special chuck, and dealing with the noise. If I get a more permanent and more workshop friendly garage setup, I could see getting a 3-6gal and figuring out a way to sound-insulate it and leave it on all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

The passive aggressive "You’re welcome" yell.
    I’ve heard it three times this week.
    1. Lady walking four dogs up the down hill only biking trail. (You're lucky one of your dogs doesn't have Maxxis imprinted in it's side.)
    2. Large group of hikers standing in a T in the trail in the trail chatting. (it was so hard for you to take one step off the trail as you watched me approach from 50 yards away that you had to make me stop before you would do it)
    3. Guy stops in a narrow point with drops to both sides to adjust his phone and blue tooth speaker set up. (I'm starting to dislike play my music loud in the woods guy.)

I’m usually very quite when I ride. I say thanks and nice dogs and stuff like that, and don’t say anything if in my mind your being a dumb ass. If you have to yell "You're welcome" at me, You’re a dumb ass!
    Last edited by Canada1; 08-07-2019 at 11:11 AM. Reason: because I can't spell or link together a coherent thought

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    The passive aggressive "You’re welcome" yell.
    Haha, is that like the couple I passed on the bike path this weekend who rang their bell at me after I passed them (obviously I don't have a bell)?

Speaking of bike paths, our city just got the electric scooters a few weeks ago and as this was my first time riding the path this summer...so much mayhem it's hilarious #sketchaf

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    My JoeBlow Booster pump is proving to be absolutely useless for my new wheels. Worked great on my old wheels, but the god damn thing hasn't successfully inflated a single tire since I got my new bike. *This* close to chucking it in my recycling bin. Pretty sure there's a Harbor Freight air compressor in my future.
    the XXX hack is to glue it on the rim with AQS

no just kidding^^

what you wanado is spread the beads so they touch against the rim SO take a piece of 3/8 " rope, tie a circle just very slighty bigger than the out side of the tire, with the rope around the center of the tire bead put a wrench or something in the loop you have made and wind the loop smaller so it tightens down on the tire tread which will spread the beads against the rim, this has always for me worked just using my standard Beto floor pump

6 years ago i rode the Camino de Santiago so you come up on a pilgrim who is deep in thot wearing ear phone, ring yer bell and they don't hear it so they get freaked out when you ride by them or maybe they move into your path

so 30 ft away from them just hit the brakes and skid which always gets their attention ... did that for 800kms and many pilgrims
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I love my 1up rack, but they used standard/imperial bolts instead of metric. I had to make an adjustment and I don't have the imperial size allen. Makes no sense for a 'bike' rack since all we have in our packs is typically metric wrenches.

How about those shitty dog owners.

Get to my nearby trailhead yesterday and stopped for a second to futz with my brake. It's small, only room for a couple of cars, no one parked there. Oh hey, there are 5 bags of dog shit in the grass around the lot. Two "hidden" behind a log.

Later in the ride, get to another small trailhead, and hey a big pile of dog shit right near the beginning of the trail. Start riding up, get to a narrow section on a steep side hill and and I'm catching up to a guy with dogs. He gets to a switchback, which is a nice big wide area, sees me, keeps walking, like 5 seconds later I catch him and he steps off the trail, but has three dogs still on the trail doing their own thing that I have to get by. Like, you could have just waited at the switchback with all the dogs dude. And there were no other dogs on that trail so it was his pile of shit I saw earlier.
    Last edited by jamal; 08-22-2019 at 04:16 PM.

Mystery squeaks. New hardtail that creaks every peddle stroke. Checked bottom bracket, cleaned chain, rebuilt rear hub, still there while climbing.

Saddle rails. Every time.

However many are in a shit ton.

Mystery squeaks. New hardtail that creaks every peddle stroke. Checked bottom bracket, cleaned chain, rebuilt rear hub, still there while climbing.
    Loob the pivots
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Does it stop when you stop pedaling? When you stand up? What if you pedal with only one foot or the other?

Race face bottom bracket?

Don't forget to check cable ends where the seat in the frame. Took me a while to find that one once...

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Race face bottom bracket?
    I must have a Race Face BB that got extra special attention during manufacturing. It's from 2014, guessing it has several thousand miles, and has outlasted 2 Cane Creek 40 headsets and 1 CC 110. Every time I get a creak, I go to check it expecting to find that it has finally gotten crunchy, but it's always been something else.

My most recent culprit was the chainring lock ring had worked it's way loose, so the chain ring was moving around slightly.

On the topic of creaks, I'm now hearing a slight one from the front when I weight forward. Is there a good way to isolate whether it's the notorious Fox 36 CSU issue vs. yet another headset?

Yes, it goes away when standing after a couple pedal strokes? It is a brand new bike. I'm hitting the chain ring tonight and if that doesn’t get it, taking it to a shop.

Yeah, like andeh said, direct mount chainring loosening up would be my guess

SRAM gx., I’ll check each bolt. I always loctite them, but hadn’t on this bike yet.

Changed pedals. Hit the sprocket. Creak gone. Yeah!!

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Saddle rails. Every time.

I spent a few days frustrated until I finally figured this out. A bit of chainsaw chain oil (nice and thick) applied to the clamps solved it.

Buying a new $$$$ bike, called the shop to tell them when I'm coming to pick it up and the tires are flat and not yet set up tubeless when I arrive.

They also didn't lube the chain. Rant-worthy or maybe the sticky grease chains come packed with is ok for a few rides?

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Buying a new $$$$ bike, called the shop to tell them when I'm coming to pick it up and the tires are flat and not yet set up tubeless when I arrive.

They also didn't lube the chain. Rant-worthy or maybe the sticky grease chains come packed with is ok for a few rides?
    YMMV, but I soak all new chains in degreaser (as in remove from bike and put in jar to soak) to get rid of that sticky grease.

Some people think that factory grease is the best chain lube ever and soaking in degreaser will drastically shorten the life of a chain. I think that factory grease is a grit magnet and is the surest way to wear out a drivetrain fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    YMMV, but I soak all new chains in degreaser (as in remove from bike and put in jar to soak) to get rid of that sticky grease.

Some people think that factory grease is the best chain lube ever and soaking in degreaser will drastically shorten the life of a chain. I think that factory grease is a grit magnet and is the surest way to wear out a drivetrain fast.
    Yeah, I know there's some debate over this but I'm leaning that way as well. Do you go the full kerosene route or use a 'bike' degreaser?