Page 51 of 247 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 6154
    Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Brostaches

#enduro
    Can you even grow a stache bro!?
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    So... MIPS is bad? I don’t have it on my cycling helmet but I do on my ski, (Sweet), helmet and I don’t even notice it’s there. Maybe this is a brand specific or it’s not sized properly? I was thinking of getting my next cycling helmet with MIPS.
    I'm running the Bontrager Rally. It's sized properly, it just has that mips movement that is funky. It hits my glasses on occasion. I'm also using a different sweat pad liner up front, so maybe it's a combo of issues. I need to mess around with dialing it in maybe. I haven't used it with a light, but can only imagine that being an issue also.

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/e...olorCode=green

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Clutch derailleur with 1x. 10 times greater than dropper
    I'd go with any 1x. The second I ditched the front der I realized I was never going back.

And also that I could never get fully out of shape again. No more calling grannie.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    We had the truck-ball fad for rednecks, I think it's now time for the brodozer front grill made to look like a bushy mustache.

/randomthoughts

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    cracks me up #alwaysagoodattitude
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    I'm running the Bontrager Rally. It's sized properly, it just has that mips movement that is funky. It hits my glasses on occasion. I'm also using a different sweat pad liner up front, so maybe it's a combo of issues. I need to mess around with dialing it in maybe. I haven't used it with a light, but can only imagine that being an issue also.
    Yeah it moves in weird ways while riding and it sits a bit lower too. I also don't like the plastic MIPS frame against my bald head, it gets all sweaty.

I need Moar time for bikey
    watch out for snakes

Rode a kinda long loop the other day. Climbers kept yielding to me while I was descending, like I'm talking 15 different people. While I was already in the process of yielding to them. So now he we are, both stopped, and playing the "No you go ahead" politeness game in the middle of a narrow single track. WTF? Just keep pedaling dipshit!

Also, on another note, this other dipshit that named the trail after himself on MTBproject insists that it is much better in one direction over the other, so now everyone rides it in the same direction, like this is the only way it should be done. People actually told me I was riding it in the wrong direction, but it is actually just as good if not better in the other direction. Ugh! So now I get to pass a shitload of people who are riding it "the right way" and don't know the rules of yielding to others. [/rant]

Wait, you're complaining because people were yielding to you while you were going downhill? I mean, I get the concept of niceholes, and I know the rules of yielding, but when I descend I hope that people yield regardless of whether they're supposed to. You don't want them to?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Wait, you're complaining because people were yielding to you while you were going downhill? I mean, I get the concept of niceholes, and I know the rules of yielding, but when I descend I hope that people yield regardless of whether they're supposed to. You don't want them to?
    Because I was already yielding, so now both parties are stopped, wasting their time.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Because I was already yielding, so now both parties are stopped, wasting their time.
    I’m with ya. Drives me nuts.

x2, just know the rules, follow them and everyone is happy, right?

No. Because while I understand the rules, I'd prefer to keep blasting downhill, and consequently I often (not always) pull over for downhill riders when I'm climbing. And prefer it and appreciate it when uphill riders do the same for me. The fact that occasionally they pull off as I am yielding is an ok price to pay imo.

(Note: only talking about sustained descents, otherwise pulling over for downhill riders makes no sense)
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I mean, on a big downhill you really want to stop every time you encounter an uphill rider? You're truly annoyed that they are trying to let you continue your fun downhill without having to stop? Maybe it's just me, but that seems weird.

I just yell “STRAAAAVVVVAAAA” and blast on by.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I just yell “STRAAAAVVVVAAAA” and blast on by.
    End of discussion. That wins

I'm with Danno.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I mean, on a big downhill you really want to stop every time you encounter an uphill rider? You're truly annoyed that they are trying to let you continue your fun downhill without having to stop? Maybe it's just me, but that seems weird.
    What if you were driving through Boulder on the way from your house to work, and at every red light, the guy who had a green light stopped and waved you through with a smile, and this didn't happen once, but 20-30 times. Of course you don't want to stop at the red lights, but you do, because that's the rules right? Wouldn't it just be easier and safer to follow the rules?

Uh, not the same thing. But sure, you do you. And I apologize in advance for letting you rip that sweet downhill when I should have made you stop.

The only "rule" I follow is: Be considerate.
    To me, that means everyone slows down when they encounter another trail user. They should slow down until they figure out how to proceed. Sometimes that means people stop. Sometimes it means one party recognizes that the other party is having more fun and that the "more fun" party deserves to continue rolling along. In this "best case" scenario, the party doing the "less fun" activity (ie climbing) pulls over, makes eye contact with the "more fun" party who has also showed a willingness to slow down and is also making eye contact. Now that both parties are "communicating", this "best case" scenario will result in the "less fun" party waving the "more fun" party through. In the most perfect scenario, the "more fun" party will roll by and shout out "Thanks Man! Two Back!" while the "less fun" party will respond with "No problem man! Thanks for the heads up!!"
    When people are of a similar mindset, this interaction can take a fraction of a second. When people are assholes, it tends to take longer and everyone ends up grumpy. You might think your "Rules" are helping. But all I see is distress because other people don't follow your "rules"
    However many are in a shit ton.

^^^^
    This

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    To me, that means everyone slows down when they encounter another trail user. They should slow down until they figure out how to proceed. Sometimes that means people stop. Sometimes it means one party recognizes that the other party is having more fun and that the "more fun" party deserves to continue rolling along. In this "best case" scenario, the party doing the "less fun" activity (ie climbing) pulls over, makes eye contact with the "more fun" party who has also showed a willingness to slow down and is also making eye contact. Now that both parties are "communicating", this "best case" scenario will result in the "less fun" party waving the "more fun" party through. In the most perfect scenario, the "more fun" party will roll by and shout out "Thanks Man! Two Back!" while the "less fun" party will respond with "No problem man! Thanks for the heads up!!"
    When people are of a similar mindset, this interaction can take a fraction of a second. When people are assholes, it tends to take longer and everyone ends up grumpy. You might think your "Rules" are helping. But all I see is distress because other people don't follow your "rules"

How is it that a long time and seemingly universal guideline suddenly becomes "my" rule?

And hate to break it to you but many people consider climbing to be just as fun and satisfying as descending and some consider it more fun. Different pedal strokes for different folks and all that, ya know.

Tell ya what, you do what you want and I will do the same. Now everyone is happy.

They aren't my "rules". I didn't make them up, I just try to follow them to the best of my ability. On a crowded trail, it can really help the flow if there is an understanding that climbers have the right of way, and downhillers will yield. I don't mind yielding on the downhill at all. It isn't about "more fun" or "less fun", it is about the flow of traffic, and the fact that it is much easier to get moving again for the person going downhill. When both parties stop, it is inefficient, and requires more interaction between the two parties, which I would prefer to avoid, especially when it happens multiple times on a long downhill.

This trail was definitely more crowded than usual due to the fact that it was one of the few dry trails in our area. Hopefully more will dry out soon and spread people out. Long winter this year. We got 2" of snow on our deck this morning.

Sorry if your overcrowded front range trails are frustrating to ride. I totally feel you. It seems like the next thing out there will be online reservations.
    But the reality is that some people are going to be assholes and some people are going to wish for more regulations, restrictions and enforcement out there. When those two people are the same, or when they're different people using the same space, they forget that "Be considerate" should have been the first rule. I certainly prefer your scenario of "you first, no you first" to the more common scenario of some downhillers flying by without concern, OR uphillers stubbornly trudging along without eye contact or any hint of cooperation because they feel some form of dickish tail ownership because of a "rule".
    Perhaps better signage to clarify to all users which direction has the right of way? Or just make it a one way trail?
    Would it improve things to have trail wardens who could patrol the area and write tickets for rule violations? I suspect the wardens would need to be on Ebikes to really be effective.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Sorry if your overcrowded front range trails are frustrating to ride. I totally feel you. It seems like the next thing out there will be online reservations.
    But the reality is that some people are going to be assholes and some people are going to wish for more regulations, restrictions and enforcement out there. When those two people are the same, or when they're different people using the same space, they forget that "Be considerate" should have been the first rule. I certainly prefer your scenario of "you first, no you first" to the more common scenario of some downhillers flying by without concern, OR uphillers stubbornly trudging along without eye contact or any hint of cooperation because they feel some form of dickish tail ownership because of a "rule".
    Perhaps better signage to clarify to all users which direction has the right of way? Or just make it a one way trail?
    Would it improve things to have trail wardens who could patrol the area and write tickets for rule violations? I suspect the wardens would need to be on Ebikes to really be effective.
    Not technically front range, and not normally a crowded trail. Most of our trails are usually pretty uncrowded. I'll see less than 5 people in 20 miles on a weekend. This same trail will be open to motos (and they built it) in a few days anyway and you'll have plenty of other user conflicts to deal with anyway.

I'm not asking for a perfect world by any means, and I'm not pissed that someone yielded out of turn or whatever, just that it happened so many times in a short period. Not talking about once or twice, but a shitload of times.

I always thought it was interesting that hikers always jump off the trail too when they see mountain bikes coming, even though they technically have the right of way. I saw a mom throw her son downhill off the trail once to avoid being run over by me, all while I was slowing to a crawl on the dh.