Page 139 of 238 FirstFirst ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 5949
    Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Dont they? Pretty sure a 20oz gatorade or powerade bottle would fit fine in my basic cheap metal bottle cage. Especially because it bends to tighten or loosen. Never tried, but im like 90% it would.
    Based on the number of those I see cast off on the sides of easy beginner trails, I'd guess they fit just fine, but don't stay there for shit.

Quote Originally Posted by tellybele View Post
    Drop the derailleurs and just use the QR on the rear wheel. Move chain with hands from small front/large rear(uphill gear) to large front/small rear(eh gear). Back in the oughts, we called it dinglespeed.
    This gives me an idea, put two NW rings on the front, n switch between them at the top manually. Like a dingle cog.

Pro style:

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Dont they? Pretty sure a 20oz gatorade or powerade bottle would fit fine in my basic cheap metal bottle cage. Especially because it bends to tighten or loosen. Never tried, but im like 90% it would.
    LOL, I guess you don’t got CHUNK?

(They fall right out)
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    LOL, I guess you don’t got CHUNK?

(They fall right out)
    Put the bottle or go-cup in a beer coozie, then in the cage. Works every time.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

When I get a gatorade at the store I just pour it into my water bottle that fits in the cage. Little easier to drink out of while you're moving too.

24oz beer cans fit pretty good in bottle cages though.

I only bring this up because I am on a road trip, and forgot to bring one of my 20 bottles. Really didn’t want to buy one at a bike shop for $12.00…But I got it sorted out.
    Coozie is good thinkin’!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Oh for fucks sake, buy a bottle from a shop.
    It’ll remind you of this awesome road trip when you absolutely shredded the Shoreline Trail.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    Oh for fucks sake, buy a bottle from a shop.
    It’ll remind you of this awesome road trip when you absolutely shredded the Shoreline Trail.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Lol, totally this ^^

Have never regretted having to buy an extra on a trip and reminder of the (hopefully) great trip when you got it.

Riding brand new Rocky but $12 bit too rich for ya

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Lol, totally this ^^

Have never regretted having to buy an extra on a trip and reminder of the (hopefully) great trip when you got it.

Riding brand new Rocky but $12 bit too rich for ya
    Lol, you got me there!
    I just had to purge 4 or 5 by order of wifey…but yeah, I brought a Leatt brace for Bobsled, gonna be SIIICK

Anyone else done with Stan's? A while ago I was a sponsored rider so I had all sorts of Stan's stuff for stupid cheap. Now their prices are so high I can't support buying their stuff anymore. Plus they have legit competition in sealant, valves, and tape so I'm finding I'm buying from their competition instead. I still have bikes with their rims and they are really great but even their wheels are crazy overpriced now.

It was a long run but I think I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    ...I'm finding I'm buying from their competition instead...
    Specifically, which competitors? Still buying Stan's sealant, but I am also unhappy with the price.

I haven't bought Stan's sealant or tape in years, but that was because I hate the giant Stanimals that form. I've been using Orange Seal Endurance. I change what kind of tape I get frequently but currently I've kind of settled on DT Swiss, which is expensive, but has a good combination of grip and stretch, plus is offered in the width I need (32mm).

Quote Originally Posted by sethschmautz View Post
    Specifically, which competitors? Still buying Stan's sealant, but I am also unhappy with the price.
    I've used Orange seal (meh), Kappius ($$) and now grabbed some Milkit which seems to work well. It's all messy and seals little holes but rock strike holes and bead snake bites require tire plugs no matter the sealant.

Just make your own sealant for a fraction of the price. I've been running homebrew for 4-5 years now, works just as well as stans in my experience. 1 part latex mold builder, 3 parts water.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Just make your own sealant for a fraction of the price. I've been running homebrew for 4-5 years now, works just as well as stans in my experience. 1 part latex mold builder, 3 parts water.
    I feel like researching DIY tubeless sealant could take me down the rabbit hole - are all latex mold builders created equal or is there a preferred brand?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

The TruckerCo stuff is cheap and works well.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    I did that for years with great success. I threw in a bit of my kids glitter too, i dont know if it helped but glitter is always good.

I thought we were putting queso in our tires to seal them?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    The TruckerCo stuff is cheap and works well.
    Truckerco has been working well for 6 wheelsets for us for a couple of years now, but I haven't tried queso.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by sethschmautz View Post
    I feel like researching DIY tubeless sealant could take me down the rabbit hole - are all latex mold builders created equal or is there a preferred brand?
    Yeah DIY could turn into a rabbit hole if you let it. I just went with recipes that were tried and tested. The first I used was from Schillingsworth - Slime, antifreeze, and mold builder. Worked well but seemed to weep through sidewalls a lot. Someone (apparently) smarter than us tried it with just the mold builder and water and found it worked just as well. So possibly no need to overthink it. You just want something that will plug holes. I add glitter for good luck and to help plug any larger punctures. One batch lasts me about a year. Sidewall weepage has been much less.

This is the mold builder I use. If you have a Michaels store nearby you can get a 20% off coupon.

https://www.michaels.com/castin-craf.../10558726.html
    https://www.amazon.com/Environmental...7037920&sr=8-5

At $18 for the mold builder you get 64oz of sealant or $.28/oz. Compare to $34 for 32oz of Stans or $1.06. Looks like you can buy Slime by the gallon for $26-31 which is even cheaper than DIY, though I never liked Slime that much. And I wouldn't want a gallon of it sitting around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    I did that for years with great success. I threw in a bit of my kids glitter too, i dont know if it helped but glitter is always good.
    Glitter for sure! Plus you can color match it will all your ano parts so you can fit in with the MTBR crowd.

Are you using something other than homebrew now?

I have Stans race sealant right now, only because I work in a bike shop and got it cheap.

Still using Stan's tape and sealant. Used to get a hookup and just continued using now that I don't, I do think that their rims seat up easiest tubeless, but everyone else has rapidly closed that gap. Few years back it was a much bigger gap.