Page 129 of 241 FirstFirst ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 6005
    Ahh, bummer, my ‘endurpo event’ is likely cancelled this weekend. I was ‘looking forward’ to over 6000 feet of climbing, and descending three stages in a blind format. Boo.

www.thecarriboojack.com

and it’s a trail building fundraiser, not a ‘for profit’ event. Just a bunch of dirtbags DEEEP in the woods.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Is it weather or the ‘rona?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Da Rona

Was supposed to be followed the next day by a (Teton) Pass Bash (free shuttles), I can see how that would have been stupid. But if we all started the race in a time trial format, I bet transmission risk would be low, unless there was supposed to be some shuttles between stages…

Dang. That sucks. That looks like a rad event.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Ahh, bummer, my ‘endurpo event’ is likely cancelled this weekend. I was ‘looking forward’ to over 6000 feet of climbing, and descending three stages in a blind format. Boo.

www.thecarriboojack.com

and it’s a trail building fundraiser, not a ‘for profit’ event. Just a bunch of dirtbags DEEEP in the woods.
    Where did you hear that, @rideit ? I'm on the board and volunteering, and that news hasn't come to me yet?

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

It was in a message from the event, give me a minute and I’ll post it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D1F9845B-8618-438C-88C7-D1DC30CE87C2.png 
Views:	72 
Size:	613.5 KB 
ID:	383412

It was in a message from the event, give me a minute and I’ll post it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D1F9845B-8618-438C-88C7-D1DC30CE87C2.png 
Views:	72 
Size:	613.5 KB 
ID:	383412
    Oh so sad. I trained with a couple of lady shredders for the event.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    There was extensive discussion about the dog shit bags a month or so ago, I forget which thread.

Maybe it was this one??

Anyways, yeah. That sucks.
    It was ‘shit that annoys you’ thread

Rotor rub is really fucking annoying. zero performance issue, but annoying nonetheless.

Coming up on someone hike-a-biking up a tech climb who makes no effort to get out of the way or acknowledge you are trying to ride up it and they are in the way.

brakes that have 50% air in them.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Rotor rub is really fucking annoying. zero performance issue, but annoying nonetheless.

….
    Shimano 105 hydraulic brakes don’t have free stroke adjustment. So I moved the pistons closer together. Now pads are rubbing. Will have to spread and realign. Or just realign and see they rub less.

But a slight rub is better than having to pull levers for like multiple inches for pads to really bite.

Had hell of a ride last night….

First ride back from week surfing EC hurricane swell, feeling bit rusty after ~10 days. Started ride (from my house) and bottomed rear out hard on a root filled descent and broke a spoke, detoured home to grab my Hardtail. Most of ride was fun, went fun until I had a pretty high speed off. Fortunately wasn’t a big slam, more of front end disappearing and sliding but was still pretty violent.

Bleeding out of my elbow a bit, knee/thigh bruised from landing on frame, Wahoo Bolt screen cracked, scratched my Apple Watch screen a bit, and broken spoke on the bike I started with. HT was fine other than twisted bars. Bit shook up from it but 2 alieve and another today feeling better.

Paid the price of playing this game, went back out for a quickie at lunch today to get the confidence back and realized where/why I crashed. Flat rock in the middle of the corner right after creek, really leaned into corner and think wet tire slipped out on it. Hit it again today w a bit less speed just to get it out of my head. I’ve ridden that corner at least 200x over the years, just one of those things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm looking around for a bike for my teen. People are buying new bikes and reselling them for 10% over retail. I point out that the bike retails for less than asking and they reply, "Yes but it's not in stock". Thanks asshole. I hope bikes come back in supply and these people end up selling for less than they paid. A new bike but not from the shop should be less than retail.
    In the end, I think my kid is going to stop riding for a while, at least with me. We are sharing a bike for now. Hopefully as people go back to the office and school, and bikes come back in stock, we can find something over the winter.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    I'm looking around for a bike for my teen. People are buying new bikes and reselling them for 10% over retail. I point out that the bike retails for less than asking and they reply, "Yes but it's not in stock". Thanks asshole. I hope bikes come back in supply and these people end up selling for less than they paid. A new bike but not from the shop should be less than retail.
    In the end, I think my kid is going to stop riding for a while, at least with me. We are sharing a bike for now. Hopefully as people go back to the office and school, and bikes come back in stock, we can find something over the winter.
    Bikes are definitely going to come back into supply - esp the used ones. It may take a couple years (and maybe a little longer if we, as a nation, can't get our fucking shit together), but there are going to be a metric SHITLOAD of bikes people realize they're never going to use again.

Patience, Grasshopper...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Bikes are definitely going to come back into supply - esp the used ones. It may take a couple years (and maybe a little longer if we, as a nation, can't get our fucking shit together), but there are going to be a metric SHITLOAD of steam powered antique bikes people realize they're never going to use again.

Patience, Grasshopper...
    Fify

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    Last edited by grinch; 08-31-2021 at 08:07 PM.

Is Grinch stuttering?

Is Grinch stuttering?
    I read it like 5 times trying to find the difference.

I don't know if that makes him or me the dumb one.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I read it like 5 times trying to find the difference.

I don't know if that makes him or me the dumb one.
    Goddamnit. I reread that five times too before giving up and moving to the next comment. Maybe he added a comma? I'm not going back to check punctuation.

All the "E"s in the quote now stand for electric, duh

This may become my most favoritist thread.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Fify

Quote Originally Posted by geomorph View Post
    Ha!

Haa i thought it was my subconcious restraint when it wasnt posting. Turns out it was posting and my lack of restraint is still intact you'll be happy to know. I fixed for you so you can rant. Your welcome

Haa i thought it was my subconcious restraint when it wasnt posting. Turns out it was posting and my lack of restraint is still intact you'll be happy to know. I fixed for you so you can rant. Your welcome

Quote Originally Posted by geomorph View Post
    So, it was actually this all along. Whattaya know