Page 156 of 247 FirstFirst ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... LastLast
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 6154
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I skip the middleman and just eat dates. Cals/gram is about as high as you can get.
    Local grocery store does "stuffed dates" where the hole is full of almond butter and crushed almonds. Best price/energy/weight balance out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    I always thought Clif bars tasted like bowel obstruction
    Yep, kind of like the old foil wrap PowerBars. Banana flavored foil powerbars were the only ones I could choke down if I really needed some calories.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Ooh - fig newtons. That's good trail snack, right there.
    Costco sells 40-packs of these. Not the OG fig newtons but something very close. Very tasty, clean ingredients (no high fructose corn syrup), cheap, I'm loving them for biking.

Dates/figs are awesome in general, as DTM said the cals/gram is hard to beat for something that doesn't have any fat. I've mixed fig paste with peanut/almond/cashew butter and some salt and made little balls that I can wrap in wax paper and gobble down on the fly. Super easy, super tasty, max energy and not messy, just fold the paper flat and reuse it later. It does take a bit of effort to swallow the paste without a gulp of water, I damn near choked to death the first time I tried to eat one while slogging up a steep climb.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Costco sells 40-packs of these. Not the OG fig newtons but something very close. Very tasty, clean ingredients (no high fructose corn syrup), cheap, I'm loving them for biking.
    I know of what you speak...

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    Local grocery store does "stuffed dates" where the hole is full of almond butter and crushed almonds. Best price/energy/weight balance out there.
    Wait, what? Where have I been? Must try.

Oooo, I've never seen the 3 flavor pack, the ones I get don't have the original fig in them. But yes, that's the stuff I scarf down while biking. Much easier to down that a cliffbar or any of the sawdust-based alternatives.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Oooo, I've never seen the 3 flavor pack, the ones I get don't have the original fig in them. But yes, that's the stuff I scarf down while biking. Much easier to down that a cliffbar or any of the sawdust-based alternatives.
    Agreed. All 3 of those are muy delicioso.

Love those things.

Although for biking, I find they give me a lot less energy than the nature valley bars. I still eat them though, because they're delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Wait, what? Where have I been? Must try.
    Same. Where are they? Somewhere by the deli?

Got Clif-ed out after consuming too many free sample size bars given away by the Ski Hosts. Brown Rice Syrup, gross.

I'm all about the Skratch plain flavor Crispy Rice Cakes. Flavor hasn't gotten old yet, think it helps that there's some sea salt and varied texture. I've tried the choco and strawberry flavors but they have melty bits and drizzle that I don't care for. Only downside for some is the lack of protein. Very easy to digest and it makes me feel like a kid out in the woods on my mountain bicycle.

Three cheers for fig bars. I've been chowing on those for at least a decade now. Helps that I've pretty intentionally taken breaks away from them for a month or two at a time so I don't get burned out on them. I tend to find a bar that works, eat too many in a short time span and grow to hate them. Rinse and repeat.

Anyone have anything they'd like to rant about?

My old Giant Contact dropper from 2017 has been chugging along for five years, first as a demo bike and then for me. I flogged that thing in every condition and rarely serviced it. It’s got scratches gouged out of the stanchion and is generally sluggish plus if it sees mud it’ll stop going up but you just wipe it off and cycle it a few times and it’s good to go.

Fast forward to my brand new bike with a brand new BikeYoke Revive 2.0 dropper, the cream of the crop. Everyone says this is the best, most reliable dropper out there.

Well on its 6th? ride it started sagging off the top. And it took me quite a while to figure out it needs bleeding which isn’t a big deal but is annoying that a $400 dropper that’s supposed to be the most reliable is outshined by a 5-year old Giant POS.

Damn those fig bars look delicious! Gotta grab a box next time I’m at Costco

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Not a rant. More of a "things that amuse me." This guy was at the bike park yesterday.

- Left knee pad
    - Right elbow pad
    - Padded DH liner shorts with no actual shorts over them
    - Some sort of large, mostly empty backpack

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
    Damn those fig bars look delicious! Gotta grab a box next time I’m at Costco

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Their brownie w/date bars are pretty good too.

Fucking thieves.

Had several packages with bike parts initially supposed to show up this week. Well in a miracle they all got shipped early and were delivered last week when I was out of town. I logged into USPS/UPS/OnTrac with my tracking numbers prior to delivery and updated that I wanted the packages delivered to my secure back porch rather than left on the front. UPS is also now charging $5 to hold items at the UPS store which is worthy of a separate rant. Well of course 3/4 show “Delivered at front porch” and subsequently got stolen.

WTF are these idiots going to do with a coil spring, DVO wipers, water bottle, bike frame bag for a specific model, etc. I’m sure it all got chucked in a dumpster when they realized it wasn’t useful for cash.

Luckily JensonUSA and Amazon were super generous and reshipped without charging me but I’m still out a couple hundred.

Fucking thieves.

Had several packages with bike parts initially supposed to show up this week. Well in a miracle they all got shipped early and were delivered last week when I was out of town. I logged into USPS/UPS/OnTrac with my tracking numbers prior to delivery and updated that I wanted the packages delivered to my secure back porch rather than left on the front. UPS is also now charging $5 to hold items at the UPS store which is worthy of a separate rant. Well of course 3/4 show “Delivered at front porch” and subsequently got stolen.

WTF are these idiots going to do with a coil spring, DVO wipers, water bottle, bike frame bag for a specific model, etc. I’m sure it all got chucked in a dumpster when they realized it wasn’t useful for cash.

Luckily JensonUSA and Amazon were super generous and reshipped without charging me but I’m still out a couple hundred.
    Fucking OnTrac. They lost a package for me last week and won't acknowledge it (it's been at the nearest sorting center for over a week now and each day it updates delivery for the next day but doesn't move). Same thing, Backcountry is sending me a new one no charge, but the more this shit happens, the more online retailers raise prices to cover their losses. Because you know the shipping companies are never going to pay back what their employees steal.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Same. Where are they? Somewhere by the deli?
    Yeah, they're in little round plastic containers in that zone between the meat and produce.

My old Giant Contact dropper from 2017 has been chugging along for five years, first as a demo bike and then for me. I flogged that thing in every condition and rarely serviced it. It’s got scratches gouged out of the stanchion and is generally sluggish plus if it sees mud it’ll stop going up but you just wipe it off and cycle it a few times and it’s good to go.

Fast forward to my brand new bike with a brand new BikeYoke Revive 2.0 dropper, the cream of the crop. Everyone says this is the best, most reliable dropper out there.

Well on its 6th? ride it started sagging off the top. And it took me quite a while to figure out it needs bleeding which isn’t a big deal but is annoying that a $400 dropper that’s supposed to be the most reliable is outshined by a 5-year old Giant POS.
    The main advantage of the Revive is that if it sags a bit, you use your Allen key to cycle it and 20 seconds later it’s fixed and good to go for another 6 months. Not sure if you’re referring to that 20 second air bleed?
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    The main advantage of the Revive is that if it sags a bit, you use your Allen key to cycle it and 20 seconds later it’s fixed and good to go for another 6 months. Not sure if you’re referring to that 20 second air bleed?
    I am referring to that. Maybe not qualifying for a full rant but again, the fact it needed a quick bleed after a few rides compared to a shitty post that’s been going strong for five years is slightly annoying.

I rummaged through the garage and decided to wear out some exo+ tires that I haven't been using before I start looking for some unobtanium DD Maxxis to order. Third ride and a rock put a hole in the bead and the tread.

At least I wore them out fast.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I am referring to that. Maybe not qualifying for a full rant but again, the fact it needed a quick bleed after a few rides compared to a shitty post that’s been going strong for five years is slightly annoying.
    That's been my experience with bike yokes too. On one hand, you can "revive" them easily. On the other hand, they need to be revived kind of often.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    That's been my experience with bike yokes too. On one hand, you can "revive" them easily. On the other hand, they need to be revived kind of often.
    Same. The Trans X on my Sight has been flawless so far.

It does seem like less of an issue if you don't hang your bike up for storage, but ain't nobody got room for that. It's pretty much an every-ride deal for me with bikes hanging vertically.

They now have a little snap-in lever that goes into the hex for the revive function and lives there, so you don't have to get your multi-tool out, which makes it significantly less annoying.

I bought a revive in 2017 that Ive never had to bleed. Not once. The one on my new bike Ive had to bleed 3 times since I bought it a year ago. If this were any other post like ks I'd probably have to send it in for service or at least doing it yourself is a hassle. So I have no complaints about a quick reset with an Alan key. Every other brand of post has had tons of issues for those who are unlucky.