Page 107 of 247 FirstFirst ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 6171
    I mean, fuck giant. But on the list of large corporations that abused the PPP program, they're pretty far down the list of most angst-worthy. I can only sustain so much anger, y'know?

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I mean, fuck giant. But on the list of large corporations that abused the PPP program, they're pretty far down the list of most angst-worthy. I can only sustain so much anger, y'know?
    Sure, but I thought the ranting in this thread was supposed to be bicycle related?

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    Sure, but I thought the ranting in this thread was supposed to be bicycle related?
    True, but per the article, they're not even the biggest bike related recipient.

True, but per the article, they're not even the biggest bike related recipient.
    Giant was the second largest recipient, and I’ve got a soft spot for Saris. They’re an American company that makes all of their products, pays good wages, and sources all of their raw materials from within a 100 mile radius of Madison, Wi.

I think all bicycle industry businesses that were granted PPP loans should pay them back.

Do they source all their sun rotted plastic locally?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Do they source all their sun rotted plastic locally?

I’m still waiting for you to tell us who this big-time rider named “Sammy” is that Trek lost a few seasons ago.

Ive never ridden Snowshoe so I’m not on a first name basis with all the World Cup racers.

I think all bicycle industry businesses that were granted PPP loans should pay them back.
    Agreed

No, they should have to independently donate all of it to local trail groups that aren’t imba.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I don't know what percentage of Saris' business is their consumer racks vs. the bike infrastructure side of things (bike parking for buildings, racks for mass transit, etc.) but I do know that, while things are booming on the former (in general, not specific to Saris) the latter very much is not. Saris' business covers both. Make of that what you will.

Giant was the second largest recipient, and I’ve got a soft spot for Saris. They’re an American company that makes all of their products, pays good wages, and sources all of their raw materials from within a 100 mile radius of Madison, Wi.

So they get their iron ore and have a foundry contracted to make their alloys of steel from within 100 miles of Madison? Hmm, I thought the iron range was a little further from Madison than 100 miles. All fine and dandy, but I highly doubt that Giant gets all their raw materials from within 100 miles of Madison. They might source it from other manufacturers, but their raw materials?

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    No, they should have to independently donate all of it to local trail groups that aren’t imba.
    +2 to this. Leave any group ending with "IMBA" out of those donations.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    So they get their iron ore and have a foundry contracted to make their alloys of steel from within 100 miles of Madison? Hmm, I thought the iron range was a little further from Madison than 100 miles. All fine and dandy, but I highly doubt that Giant gets all their raw materials from within 100 miles of Madison. They might source it from other manufacturers, but their raw materials?
    Giant owns the foundries and fabricates their own aluminum tubing. Deep in the heart of China, I assume. A long long train ride from Lefty’s.

As for Saris, yes, they try to source all materials within a 100 mile radius of Madison. Google “foundries in Wisconsin.” There’s a large one in Madison in fact. https://www.saris.com/about/made-in-usa

Tell Tim Carter I said hi. Hope to come up for visit sometime soon.

Cairns. Why do people build them at obvious turnoffs?

Maybe someone took a shit there. Easier to cover than to bury.

Ding ding ding

There was a pile of rocks at almost every road/trail intersection yesterday. That's a lot of shits.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post

Because people are idiots and can’t navigate for themselves even on easily navigable trails.

That is a cairn? looks like a pile of rocks.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Maybe the turnoff wasn't obvious before there was a cairn there.

I suspect some delicate flowers got tired of the loose babyheads at the intersection and just removed them from the trail to a pile...

Maybe the turnoff wasn't obvious before there was a cairn there.
    I guess maybe it wouldn't have been so obvious if you have your head up your ass. But the rest of us have no excuse. Trail crosses fire road here, picks up no more than 20ft away.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I suspect some delicate flowers got tired of the loose babyheads at the intersection and just removed them from the trail to a pile...
    That was my guess.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I guess maybe it wouldn't have been so obvious if you have your head up your ass. But the rest of us have no excuse. Trail crosses fire road here, picks up no more than 20ft away.
    So you’re saying the trail doesn’t go straight across the road? Instead, it does a bit of a jig before dropping off the road again?
    I hate when I’m on a perfectly fun flowy trail and then have to stop for a second to figure out where the fucking trail goes! I support cairns if they help me keep moving.

That looks like a pile of rocks that would make people think twice about blowing the corner and widening it. I'm guilty of placing rocks or rock piles on some the poorly built trails to keep them from widening where people go in to hot, cut corners etc. I never take rocks from a trail though, always from out in the weeds. We have plenty of people sanitizing without my help.

I mostly don't get why people give a shit about cairns one way or the other. Do you guys get worked up about trail maps at the trailheads too?