Page 83 of 241 FirstFirst ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 6003
    Oh yea, my rant. Buddy started inviting this lady along on our crew’s MTB rides. She keeps up just fine but she chatters non.fucking.stop whenever we take a regroup break. We tolerate it for about 2 min then somebody sez “OK let’s go”.

She hasn’t ridden with us for a week after she overcooked a corner, over corrected, hit a tree and bruised some ribs.
    Me at a stop last night “hear that?”
    “I don’t hear anything”
    “Exactly!”

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Which cracks me up, because if I’m riding super buff single track and come across a single rock, I’ll damn well go over that rock, and think it’s the best part of the trail. I’m sure many of you agree.
    This.

And hop the damn puddles.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Oh yea, my rant. Buddy started inviting this lady along on our crew’s MTB rides. She keeps up just fine but she chatters non.fucking.stop whenever we take a regroup break. We tolerate it for about 2 min then somebody sez “OK let’s go”.

She hasn’t ridden with us for a week after she overcooked a corner, over corrected, hit a tree and bruised some ribs.
    Me at a stop last night “hear that?”
    “I don’t hear anything”
    “Exactly!”
    I followed a couple of ladies in PC last week and it took a few minutes before there was a long enough gap in their conversation for me to squeeze in a quick request to pass. Constant back and forth while riding at a solid clip, I was impressed. When you're used to riding solo hearing full conversations on the trail is so weird...

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Online shops.
    They need 48 hours to get an order into the hands of the UPS guy. Then they cry about how much business they’re losing to Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Try to find someone to competently pack boxes 40 hours a week for a wage that makes the economics work...

Friend of mine works at one of the largest online clothing retailers. She says they were barely making a 24hr turn around pre-Covid. Now they are loosing an hour or so a day, backlog of 96+ hours and growing, customers angry, etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Heh, I rode with a local woman pro a few weeks ago and she talked the entire time even on fast descents. When we got to the lot and she went off to do another lap with her dog my daughter said "wait, check it out, listen..." because it was the first time for over an hour that her voice wasn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    Check to make sure seat post clamp is not to tight.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Yes, I did check that as well. Meeting a guy tomorrow who has a bleed kid. He works at a shop part-time and said they had a lot of bad batches from Santa Cruz. An assembly issue. I'm not real happy with this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Heh, I rode with a local woman pro a few weeks ago and she talked the entire time even on fast descents. When we got to the lot and she went off to do another lap with her dog my daughter said "wait, check it out, listen..." because it was the first time for over an hour that her voice wasn't there.
    Rémy Métailler has a new vid out in which he rides Squamish gnar with Christina Chappetta (now a pinkbike lass), she talks or makes hilarious noises the whole time while absolutely slaying wet rooty trails. He does a lot of talking as he rides in his vids in general, that's his style, but hearing her chatter along and come up with funny quips the whole time makes it a lot better.

If you recorded me on a ride you'd get a lot of muted cursing and some not so muted explosions every time I clip a pedal or skid out of a turn. I can't do conversation unless I'm riding at 50% of my regular pace. On skis though you'd better bring headphones or you'll have to endure my rambling for hours on end.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Rémy Métailler has a new vid out in which he rides Squamish gnar with Christina Chappetta (now a pinkbike lass), she talks or makes hilarious noises the whole time while absolutely slaying wet rooty trails. He does a lot of talking as he rides in his vids in general, that's his style, but hearing her chatter along and come up with funny quips the whole time makes it a lot better.

If you recorded me on a ride you'd get a lot of muted cursing and some not so muted explosions every time I clip a pedal or skid out of a turn. I can't do conversation unless I'm riding at 50% of my regular pace. On skis though you'd better bring headphones or you'll have to endure my rambling for hours on end.
    it’s amusing when I go back and watch my gopro.
    apparently I’m frequently talking myself thru stuff that I previously thought were just internal brain thoughts lol
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Yes, I did check that as well. Meeting a guy tomorrow who has a bleed kid. He works at a shop part-time and said they had a lot of bad batches from Santa Cruz. An assembly issue. I'm not real happy with this situation.
    The problem. PSA - generally speaking screws need to be screwed ALL the way in! Wtf.

Should have bought a Trek, just sayin
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Online shops.
    They need 48 hours to get an order into the hands of the UPS guy. Then they cry about how much business they’re losing to Amazon.
    Funny, I've almost given up on Amazon, takes too long to ship even for Prime items. Universal Cycles rocks though, they seem to consistently ship within a day (often same day). Helps that I live close to their Nevada warehouse too.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Should have bought a Trek, just sayin
    Next time Lance.

The problem. PSA - generally speaking screws need to be screwed ALL the way in! Wtf.

This is a photo of an improperly installed Reverb.

Santa Cruz didn’t install it. Whoever built that bike didn’t do a great job with the seatpost and kinda filled yer frame just a little bit with Reverb fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    Funny, I've almost given up on Amazon, takes too long to ship even for Prime items. Universal Cycles rocks though, they seem to consistently ship within a day (often same day). Helps that I live close to their Nevada warehouse too.
    I bought from competitive cyclist on Tuesday with the assurance it would be “out today”. UPS got it in their system last night!

Went to the local bike shop last week. With six bikes, I’m there a lot. Guy says shifter cable is 20+ bucks. Last week the owner sold me one for five? Sorry, that’s what it is in the computer for. How to lose a guy that brings beer and buys from you at least once a week? That’s how.

$20 for a shifter cable is unconscionable.

Bike Bling. Almost a month since I ordered something I was told they could get in a couple days. I even talked to the manufacturer and they confirmed the same thing. The owner didn’t really give a shit about my $2000 purchase, so I cancelled.

That cable cut would not pass my Quality Control. There are proper fucking tools that are specifically designed to cut (and not allow you to butcher) a prefect edge on hydraulic lines. Brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    This is a photo of an improperly installed Reverb.
    Santa Cruz didn’t install it. Whoever built that bike didn’t do a great job with the seatpost and kinda filled yer frame just a little bit with Reverb fluid.
    One (+) that is the lever connection, not the post connection.

This connection is at the post so I'm assuming it was the shop, but I'm not sure how assembled these arrive at shops from SC. EVO is where I bought it.

This connection is at the post so I'm assuming it was the shop, but I'm not sure how assembled these arrive at shops from SC. EVO is where I bought it.
    I am. Santa Cruz does not ship bikes with the seatpost installed.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    it’s amusing when I go back and watch my gopro.
    apparently I’m frequently talking myself thru stuff that I previously thought were just internal brain thoughts lol
    This. I really prefer chatty rides, as long as we're going at a decent clip. I only get frustrated when it's an idiot mansplaining things I know more about than he does.

On the downs I'm always subconsciously talking to myself, I feel like it helps me keep my flow, and verbal shrug off bobbles and get back up to speed. But to each their own.

My rant: E bikes and headphones. I'm not a huge fan of either on their own, but both, at the the same time should be illegal. I've run into a few folks with that combo in the last few weeks. Not super strong riders, not terribly in control, completely zoned out, with no awareness of what's going on around them. "Sorry I didn't yield to you as I came down the climbing trail, I had headphones in." Yeah, if you had been listening, you would have heard me talking to myself and gotten out of the way!

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post

My rant: E bikes and headphones. I'm not a huge fan of either on their own, but both, at the the same time should be illegal. I've run into a few folks with that combo in the last few weeks. Not super strong riders, not terribly in control, completely zoned out, with no awareness of what's going on around them. "Sorry I didn't yield to you as I came down the climbing trail, I had headphones in." Yeah, if you had been listening, you would have heard me talking to myself and gotten out of the way!
    Somewhere here, someone said they say to headphone riders "hey, did you see that rattlesnake next to the trail just back there?"

I'm using that now on the oblivious headphoners
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Occasionally when I come up behind someone who doesn't hear my bell or calling out until i'm basically right behind them yelling, and then they act really surprised, I like to say something like "good thing I wasn't a bear" or mtn lion.

I have come to the conclusion that really good shops and mail order stores are doing things they never would because they have so much business right now
    Last edited by Canada1; 06-22-2020 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Signed my post!

I noticed some linkage play after riding Whistler last October, so I replaced all my linkage bearings in my Canfield. Didn't solve the problem, but at least I was riding around fresh bearings instead of seized ones in my lower link. Now it seems the play has gotten a little worse, so I took the linkage apart to figure out what was going on. Wouldn't you know it, the bearings that were brand new in November have seized. I coaxed them back to turning with liberal application of degreaser, paper towels, new grease and a bearing grabber, but I guess I'll be dealing with this again fairly soon.

Oh yeah, and the source of the play is that the linkage axles have worn down where the inner races of the seized bearings are rotating over them. This means it's easier for water and grit to get in between the bearing race and the axle, and just hang out all season inside the hollow lower link. Which is presumable how those bearings seize so quickly. Also, Canfield has some service parts in stock, but not the linkage axle I really need to replace.

So, WTB Canfield Riot/Balance linkage parts, I guess.
    kittyhump.com - Fund Max, Cat Appreciation, Bike

Exo+ is garbage. WTF is the point - I used to have good luck with regular Exo but these tires are going in the trash tonight. With several plugs in each.