Page 180 of 247 FirstFirst ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... LastLast
Results 4,476 to 4,500 of 6153
    Guy riding an E-unicycle with a big motor and complicated looking suspension at Tiger mountain near North Bend WA.
    Gizmo looked like a star wars droid. Full face helmet and downhiller pads.
    Maybe this belongs in the "things that amuse me" thread.

I submitted an online warranty claim today to Jenson for a Fox Transfer dropper post. Will see how that goes.

I may try just going to Fox directly, since they have a service center near me.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Planet Cyclery. Customer service kinda blows.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

While we're complaining about customer service, I ordered some stuff from BikeInn on 10/18 and tracking shows it hasn't moved since 10/28. I've contacted both BikeInn and the USPS (last scan was customs in LA) multiple times each. BikeInn's line has consistently been that delivery estimates are just an estimate and they won't help me; USPS says that they used some sort of bargain tier shipping that barely even scans in their system and that there's nothing they can do either.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    While we're complaining about customer service, I ordered some stuff from BikeInn on 10/18 and tracking shows it hasn't moved since 10/28. I've contacted both BikeInn and the USPS (last scan was customs in LA) multiple times each. BikeInn's line has consistently been that delivery estimates are just an estimate and they won't help me; USPS says that they used some sort of bargain tier shipping that barely even scans in their system and that there's nothing they can do either.
    Sounds like it's time for a credit card dispute.

Anyone have anything they'd like to rant about?

Some days I feel like I ride the bike. This past weekend I was more of a passenger. Sure I pointed it in the right direction (most of the time), but the bike did all the heavy lifting while I hung on and felt like a clown.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Sounds like it's time for a credit card dispute.
    Yeah, been meaning to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I submitted an online warranty claim today to Jenson for a Fox Transfer dropper post. Will see how that goes.

I may try just going to Fox directly, since they have a service center near me.
    Jenson finally responded, 14 days later, saying it'd be faster to go directly to Fox. So I filled out Fox's warranty request form today and submitted it.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Not really a rant….

Neighborhood bike shop has a new rewards program - each $1000 you spend you get $100 credit. Fantastic.

I bought a $4000 bike, so I should get $400 in credit. Great!

Check my account - they double counted my purchase - I have $800 in credit. Huh, ok.

A month or so later I’m in there, grabbing $300 worth of stuff, using my credit. I tell them about their error at checkout. They say “for being a good dude, we’ll take back $300 of the extra $400”; ie give you an extra $100 for being honest. Cool beans.

So I should have $200 credit left.

I check my account today. $719 in credit. Wtf. Like the math doesn’t even work.

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Not really a rant….
    FKNA, you can say that again!

However many are in a shit ton.

Inch and a half of rain the day before and trails already saturated from previous storms, you know the "can't wait a day to ride crew" would be out there first thing this morning leaving their mark.

Guess I should give them some credit though - at least two out of three stayed mostly on the trail rather than make ruts off in the grass.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20230226_223647894.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	943.1 KB 
ID:	449430

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20230227_013322444.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	906.5 KB 
ID:	449431

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Inch and a half of rain the day before and trails already saturated from previous storms, you know the "can't wait a day to ride crew" would be out there first thing this morning leaving their mark.

Guess I should give them some credit though - at least two out of three stayed mostly on the trail rather than make ruts off in the grass.
    Honestly I'd consider this a win. Now if they're leaving those kind of ruts in berms or jumps there's a deserved ass-kicking but staying on the trail and not making it into a 30' wide bare patch in areas like that is about the best you can hope for.

I'm reserving judgment.

If the whole trail is muddy like that, that's poor form (and also sounds like a completely miserable ride). But if there's just a couple of sections that are muddy and it's otherwise dry-ish, I'd say it's fine.

Entire trail? No. But definitely enough of it that people should know better than to ride it when it is like this.

Seems like CA, for the most part, is a no-go when wet.

It rains here a lot. We have a lot of trails that can handle wet conditions pretty well, but obviously some that cannot, so you need to know where and when to go.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Entire trail? No. But definitely enough of it that people should know better than to ride it when it is like this.
    I don’t know. Whats enough? Seems like it’s gotten a bit over the top w the No Rut Police in the last few years. As said in the other post, rutting berms, etc is a whole nother level. But a handful of sections like that? Meh, it’s mtn biking.

“Shit said by people who don’t live in high clay environments, and don’t do trail building or maintenance”
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    “Shit said by people who don’t live in high clay environments, and don’t do trail building or maintenance”
    This ^^

FWIW, they rutted up some berms too. Problem with even the pics I posted... if someone (namely me) doesn't go out when those sections have dried out just the right amount and fix them, they will harden like concrete and we'll be stuck with hardened ruts for the next 10 months when it rains again. And just like they do with rocks, people will go off trail to avoid those ruts. Yeah, it's mountain biking...but a lot of people are pussies here. Or just completely clueless.

We have a quite a few trails here that are DG and great after rain or even while it's raining. After a series of storms like we've just had you might need to give them til the next day. But this is not one of those trails.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Seems like CA, for the most part, is a no-go when wet.

It rains here a lot. We have a lot of trails that can handle wet conditions pretty well, but obviously some that cannot, so you need to know where and when to go.
    Same down here. I'm lucky - my closest local spot drains pretty well!
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Went out to the shed to install some new 165 cranks, as is the fashion. Found out I ordered the wrong length crank spindle, was a bit frustrated. (Sad trombone)
    Then when shopping for a correct crankset, I found out that Race Face spindles were interchangeable.
    Fucking stoked!
    (Schwing!!)

I'd like to rant at the state of fork bushing play in the year of our lord 2023. I've warrantied 2 SIDs in the last 18 months thanks to the well-known bushing issues on that fork. Was just in the garage setting up my wife's brand new bike which has a 2023 Fox 36 Factory hanging off the front, literally never been pedaled and the bushings are so loose I can see movement around the stanchions seals when I grab the lowers and crown. Are tolerances that shitty these days? Is this an attempt to make forks feel plush on the sales floor?

Hopefully Revel can take care of it quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Went out to the shed to install some new 165 cranks, as is the fashion.
    For midgets, maybe.

Your outdated BB is too tall, bro

Quote Originally Posted by grabtindy View Post
    I'd like to rant at the state of fork bushing play in the year of our lord 2023. I've warrantied 2 SIDs in the last 18 months thanks to the well-known bushing issues on that fork. Was just in the garage setting up my wife's brand new bike which has a 2023 Fox 36 Factory hanging off the front, literally never been pedaled and the bushings are so loose I can see movement around the stanchions seals when I grab the lowers and crown. Are tolerances that shitty these days? Is this an attempt to make forks feel plush on the sales floor?

Preach brother, preach! This one is infuriating on a part that retails for over a grand!!

Quote Originally Posted by grabtindy View Post

The best part is you get to pay the shipping to get your new fork fixed!!!
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025