Page 153 of 247 FirstFirst ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 6153
    Horse shit in the middle of a pedal-width rock chute. No avoiding it. Trigger could not have picked a worse spot to unload.

Not a rant, merely a comment. Today about 2/3rds of the way into a ride my left pedal stopped clipping in. For a swift kick in the nuts, guess the brand?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Onza?

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Onza?
    Probably wasn’t cold enough.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Is Onza even still in business. No kick in the nuts for you!
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Bike thieves. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Is Onza even still in business. No kick in the nuts for you!
    I've got a whole shitload of old Onza pedals if anyone wants any.

My guess: Crank Bros

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Bike thieves. That is all.
    Personal tragedy?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I've got a whole shitload of old Onza pedals if anyone wants any.

My guess: Crank Bros
    I've got a pair of Onzas too. $37.

X2 on the Crank Bros guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Horse shit in the middle of a pedal-width rock chute. No avoiding it. Trigger could not have picked a worse spot to unload.
    At least it wasn't cow shit. That's vile shit.

Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    At least it wasn't dog shit. That's vile shit.
    Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    At least it wasn't Human shit. That's vile shit.
    Ftfya

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I've got a pair of Onzas too. $37.

X2 on the Crank Bros guess.
    I have couple of pairs and a bunch of assorted elastomers.

Was even still using them a few years ago on a road/commuter bike

Crank Brothers FTW.

Broke the little tab off the wing spring. I have a whole pile of CBs laying about, some broken some just resting. If I get really ambitious I may try and replace the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Crank Brothers FTW.

Broke the little tab off the wing spring. I have a whole pile of CBs laying about, some broken some just resting. If I get really ambitious I may try and replace the spring.
    You should get another pair, surely they’ll be better.

Or you could just get some Shimano’s and run them the rest of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post

Or Time ATACs. Also, from my limited experience, indestructible.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post

I had Shimanos before I pledged allegiance to CBs. The CBs are extremely functional, light, cheap and the pair I broke had 5 years on them.

Quote Originally Posted by springsproject View Post
    Picked up freshly built wheel from the shop. Didn't get it taped because I had some tape at the house. Got home and realised said tape was too narrow to get tire to mount up tubeless. Put a tube in so I could get out for a quick ride. Ran over a nail 15 minutes after leaving the house. Attachment 422664

Sent from my COL-L29 using TGR Forums mobile app
    I literally do not understand. If my tape is a bit narrow, I shift it to the left for one wrap and then shift it to the right for a second wrap. If I'm feeling extra paranoid and tape happy, I'll do a third wrap down the middle. It's not rocket medicine.

Meanwhile, what's the obsession with sunglass holders on helmets? I've never thought about this and I likely never will after this post. Is it part of the whole, "I'd rather make my life 100x more complicated to avoid wearing the dreaded pack" culture? If the sun is bad, put your shades on. If they get all sweaty and fog up, stick them in your pack and buy different pair of shades on your way home. I want a comfortable helmet way more than I want a well accessorized helmet.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    I literally do not understand. If my tape is a bit narrow, I shift it to the left for one wrap and then shift it to the right for a second wrap. If I'm feeling extra paranoid and tape happy, I'll do a third wrap down the middle. It's not rocket medicine.

Meanwhile, what's the obsession with sunglass holders on helmets? I've never thought about this and I likely never will after this post. Is it part of the whole, "I'd rather make my life 100x more complicated to avoid wearing the dreaded pack" culture? If the sun is bad, put your shades on. If they get all sweaty and fog up, stick them in your pack and buy different pair of shades on your way home. I want a comfortable helmet way more than I want a well accessorized helmet.
    Proper rant, and I fully agree.

Ok, bear with me here…people who half ass trail clearing with a chain saw. You’re allowed to half ass with a folding saw cause, well, it’s hard work. But, to have a chain saw and clear a fucking narrow ass corridor that is useless to most every user group besides a walker or runner. Fuck you!! If you’re gonna take the time to cut it out, do a good job. Cleaning up other peoples shitty cuts wastes time and fuel that could be spent clearing other sections of trail. Maybe this is a society issue. Are we all just a bunch of lazy half ass culls now? Where I recently saw the opposite of this was on the Beartooth District in wilderness. The FS trail crew was using crosscuts and folding saws (cause big W), and their work was absolutely stellar. Every section they cut was to the 10’ x 8’ spec and nothing left on the tread.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1659828168.824209.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	2.52 MB 
ID:	423251Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1659828191.608027.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	2.63 MB 
ID:	423252
    Putting my money where my mouth is.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I prefer trails to be cut so that an ATV will never fit, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Something to be said for that. Stuff low to the ground I'm okay with keeping it tight. Up higher seems like a good idea to give it a good wide berth. Was riding a trail near Butte last week and someone had cut a head high hanger right in the middle of the trail. Just one cut. You could duck under it, but wtf?

Definitely concur, that would be most unpleasantly dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I get that, but on trails that see a lot of downfall and no atvs whatsoever, you’re just making trail with shitty sight lines and no where to swamp future downfall. A good corridor just rides better, imho. I know I’m expecting to much.

Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    Ok, bear with me here…people who half ass trail clearing with a chain saw. You’re allowed to half ass with a folding saw cause, well, it’s hard work. But, to have a chain saw and clear a fucking narrow ass corridor that is useless to most every user group besides a walker or runner. Fuck you!! If you’re gonna take the time to cut it out, do a good job. Cleaning up other peoples shitty cuts wastes time and fuel that could be spent clearing other sections of trail. Maybe this is a society issue. Are we all just a bunch of lazy half ass culls now? Where I recently saw the opposite of this was on the Beartooth District in wilderness. The FS trail crew was using crosscuts and folding saws (cause big W), and their work was absolutely stellar. Every section they cut was to the 10’ x 8’ spec and nothing left on the tread.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1659828168.824209.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	2.52 MB 
ID:	423251Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1659828191.608027.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	2.63 MB 
ID:	423252
    Putting my money where my mouth is.

This might be my favorite rant in this thread. Nothing worse than someone clearing a trail and then still having to do another lap through it to do cutbacks.

Also nothing worse than leaning into a corner and all of a sudden having to do some weird contortion to avoid getting de-brained by a log that was only cut to the exact tread width.