Page 121 of 238 FirstFirst ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 5949
    she could hear him coming on account of his Bluetooth speaker
    I think I speak for many when I say, I DON'T WANT TO BE SUBJECTED TO OTHER PEOPLES QUESTIONABLE TASTES IN MUSIC, leave the speakers at home or shove them up your ass.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I can’t stand that shit even when they are playing music I love!
    “Get off my trails, PUNK”
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    When one is in front of you barking and the other comes in behind, it scares the crap out of you.
    Absolutely! It would be completely terrifying. The working ones are essentially wild animals.

I remember years ago I was in my neighbors yard tending their chickens when my Great Pyr, not knowing it was me on the other side of the 6' fence, was barking and barking at me. I peered over the fence, a bit pissed off, to tell him to STFU (these dogs never stop barking) and the second my face was over into our yard looking down at my dog, my dog was airborne leaping up and snapping at my face. Scared the shit out me. I then realized how terrifying of a dog I owned actually was to others.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Absolutely! It would be completely terrifying. The working ones are essentially wild animals.

I remember years ago I was in my neighbors yard tending their chickens when my Great Pyr, not knowing it was me on the other side of the 6' fence, was barking and barking at me. I peered over the fence, a bit pissed off, to tell him to STFU (these dogs never stop barking) and the second my face was over into our yard looking down at my dog, my dog was airborne leaping up and snapping at my face. Scared the shit out me. I then realized how terrifying of a dog I owned actually was to others.
    My friend ended up with one. I guess his mom was hiking in the uintas and the dog followed her to the car. She called the owner and he said that dog liked people too much to be a good sheep herding dog. She's a good dog to hike with in the desert.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    My friend ended up with one. I guess his mom was hiking in the uintas and the dog followed her to the car. She called the owner and he said that dog liked people too much to be a good sheep herding dog. She's a good dog to hike with in the desert.
    Ha! That's hilarious. Actually mine likes humans too, just not ones that are unknown threats. Which is broad definition for him. A plane passing over our house at about 10,000 feet? That's an unknown threat to him, better bark at it.

A Great Pyrenees that is good in the desert though? With their double coats that one is an anomaly. I know the double coats supposedly keep them cool but a typical 100+ GP dog in the desert with two coats of fur is the slowest mother fucker on earth. Good luck carrying it out once it quits. Mine never gets out of 1st gear all summer here in SLC.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I was doing some exploring in the Uintas a few years ago and there was a herd of sheep up on the hillside above the road I was driving on. A couple of those dogs charged my truck as I drove past. Was glad I wasn't on the bike.

Reminds me of camping above Crested Butte one year way up Kebler Pass Rd. Middle of the night I'm awakened by a chorus of BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH and the tinkle of many bells. Ambling my way down the road/slope and into my campsite were hundreds of sheep. Not wanting to put up with that ruckus for half the night I got up and started chasing them away in my boxers. Had the thought of herding dogs in the back of my head but never saw one. If I'd had that encounter in the Uintas at that point I probably would have gone and slept in the cab of the truck instead.

Anyone have anything they'd like to rant about?

Back in the 80’s, a friend and I were riding back from CB, in a down pour.
    We caught up to a couple of Basque’s herding several hundred sheep down the same trail.
    So we started to push through and the sheep parted. But they all seemed to shit at the last second, before they got out of the way.
    We got back to Aspen, totally covered in sheep shit.

Drones. The vast majority of the footage is garbage and the fucking noise sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Open season, no Drone stamp required.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I have to say the influx of Bluetooth speakers goes right in line with the influx of covid bikers. That is truly fucking annoying…. Nice and quiet nature instantly ruined

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
    I have to say the influx of Bluetooth speakers goes right in line with the influx of covid bikers. That is truly fucking annoying…. Nice and quiet nature instantly ruined

Agree .
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I think I speak for many when I say, I DON'T WANT TO BE SUBJECTED TO OTHER PEOPLES QUESTIONABLE TASTES IN MUSIC, leave the speakers at home or shove them up your ass.
    I don’t mind it in the woods. I’m only around them for a few seconds. I hate it at the ski area in the lift lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    I don’t mind it in the woods. I’m only around them for a few seconds. I hate it at the ski area in the lift lines.
    But in lift lines it makes it easier to cover the sound of my crop dusting

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    Drones. The vast majority of the footage is garbage and the fucking noise sucks.
    Straightforward aerial shots will never go out of style and it's great that you don't need an actual helicopter for it now, but the merry-go-round shots can fuck right off. They ruined that MacAskill Slabs edit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
    I have to say the influx of Bluetooth speakers goes right in line with the influx of covid bikers. That is truly fucking annoying…. Nice and quiet nature instantly ruined.
    It takes all my restraint not to push these people off the trail.

What in the fucking fuck is up with Trailforks now? Is there a functioning free version?

However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    What in the fucking fuck is up with Trailforks now? Is there a functioning free version?

Browser is free and unrestricted. It’s the app that limits free use to a home zone.

Wish I could find it, but there was an instruction manual meme/picture that amounted to throw the garbage Crank Brothers POS in the trash and install shimano XT.

So many times have seen (and personally experience) CB failures; come off spindle as above, snapped spindle, snap an eggbeater spring (basically same as snapped spindle cuz they’re unusable. Meanwhile I have a pair of SPDs from 1995ish still kicking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Wish I could find it, but there was an instruction manual meme/picture that amounted to throw the garbage Crank Brothers POS in the trash and install shimano XT.

So many times have seen (and personally experience) CB failures; come off spindle as above, snapped spindle, snap an eggbeater spring (basically same as snapped spindle cuz they’re unusable. Meanwhile I have a pair of SPDs from 1995ish still kicking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My knees don't work with Shimano and I'd have an easier time finding an Eskimo than a pair of Times.

This probably only happens to me once every couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    My knees don't work with Shimano and I'd have an easier time finding an Eskimo than a pair of Times.

This probably only happens to me once every couple of years.
    This took me <15 seconds.

https://www.coloradocyclist.com/time...oaAuFuEALw_wcB

Friends don't let friends ride Crank Brothers pedals.

If you want some free Candys, they are yours!

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    This took me <15 seconds.

https://www.coloradocyclist.com/time...oaAuFuEALw_wcB

Friends don't let friends ride Crank Brothers pedals.
    What YourMom failed to mention was that he’s in Nunavut, and was already in the presence of Inuit. Checkmate Motherfucker.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    “Inuit” (meaning “people” in Inuktitut) was recognized by the Inuit Circumpolar Council (ICC) to denote Inuit groups across the circumpolar region (Canada, Greenland, USA, and Russia). Today, “Eskimo” is considered a pejorative term.

The only time you should use the term Eskimo is when referring to a Eskimo Brother

Or maybe an Eskimo Pie?

Edit, looks like they changed the name.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edy's_Pie

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    “Inuit” (meaning “people” in Inuktitut) was recognized by the Inuit Circumpolar Council (ICC) to denote Inuit groups across the circumpolar region (Canada, Greenland, USA, and Russia). Today, “Eskimo” is considered a pejorative term.

The only time you should use the term Eskimo is when referring to a Eskimo Brother
    Bring up a good point….. “ Inuit Brother” “ Inuit Circumpolar Council Brother” has a nice ring to it