Page 1 of 238 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Anyone have anything they'd like to rant about?

It's been pretty quiet in here since Damien went all aboard the trump train.

Anyone have any bike related items that they would like to rant about?

I'll start. My park tools pocket size Allen key set is loose. And the bolt I need to tighten requires two Allen keys!

What the fuck Park Tools!

How about a Phillips on one side and flathead on the other!

Fuck!
    ...tricks deserve applause, style deserves respect

Interrupted cable housing. Why?

Trail bikes without water bottle mounts. And under-the-downtube mounts don't count. I don't want horse shit sprayed on my water bottle.

3 fucking decades of incremental improvements to suspension design and they still can't figure out how to cram a water bottle cage into the front triangle on a lot of bikes. And for the record, I blame short people. All these fuckers that bitch and moan about not having a low enough standover height are screwing over us normal sized people. Half of the bikes these days look like a women's bike with a dropped top tube, which is completely unnecessary and means there's barely enough real estate left in the front triangle for the shock, much less a water bottle. Low standovers don't matter and I'm thirsty goddammit.

Buying a 3, 4, 5k bike and they skimp on not using galvy or stainless bolts and washers where needed. Cost difference would be $20 more. Even if it was $100 more. wtf

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Trail bikes without water bottle mounts. And under-the-downtube mounts don't count. I don't want horse shit sprayed on my water bottle.

3 fucking decades of incremental improvements to suspension design and they still can't figure out how to cram a water bottle cage into the front triangle on a lot of bikes. And for the record, I blame short people. All these fuckers that bitch and moan about not having a low enough standover height are screwing over us normal sized people. Half of the bikes these days look like a women's bike with a dropped top tube, which is completely unnecessary and means there's barely enough real estate left in the front triangle for the shock, much less a water bottle. Low standovers don't matter and I'm thirsty goddammit.
    Bottom of the downtube bottle placement makes for strong immune systems.

Low standovers are a conspiracy driven by the 170mm dropper cabal

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Interrupted cable housing. Why?
    I'll go 1 step further: Interior cable routing. Why?

Uhhhhh, Camelbak? Water bottles aren't big enough for me. Outside downtube bottle mounts always look great for clearance, lol. I don't do jump trails, but I guess I could see why you wouldn't want anything on your back for that?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Death to ass-munching trail sanitizers!

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    Low standovers are a conspiracy driven by the 170mm dropper cabal
    But the seat collars aren't even low! Most of them end up with a weird, 4" tall seat tube phallus, so you don't even get the benefit of running a way longer dropper.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Quote Originally Posted by Stucky
    Uhhhhh, Camelbak? Water bottles aren't big enough for me. Outside downtube bottle mounts always look great for clearance, lol. I don't do jump trails, but I guess I could see why you wouldn't want anything on your back for that?
    I hate wearing camelbacks when I don't have to. They're hot and annoying. Unless the ride is pretty long, I don't need to carry more than 1 or 2 waterbottles worth of water.

But the seat collars aren't even low! Most of them end up with a weird, 4" tall seat tube phallus, so you don't even get the benefit of running a way longer dropper.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

I hate wearing camelbacks when I don't have to. They're hot and annoying. Unless the ride is pretty long, I don't need to carry more than 1 or 2 waterbottles worth of water.
    If there is one thing Toast knows about it's 4" Phalluses. But yeah not sure if I would buy a bike with out a real cage mount.

Hunters hunting near well used trails... WTF you lazy pieces of shit.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Boutique-y suspension fluids.

Will my Pike explode if I don't use 0-20w synthetic?
    Will the new orange Fox fluid disintegrate my older Fox shock?

Agreed on the bottle mount. Plus, for real long rides in warmer temps I often want my full camelbak plus a gatorade or water bottle. Or if someone else in your crew runs low on water it's good to have.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Buying a 3, 4, 5k bike and they skimp on not using galvy or stainless bolts and washers where needed. Cost difference would be $20 more. Even if it was $100 more. wtf
    cost to them should be a buck or two buying in volume

My last 3 frames have had intelligently placed bottle mounts.

I'd like to rant about toast. He's too stupid to buy the right frames and then blames everyone else.

Hate that guy.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Two piece brake rotors that are four times the cost and eight times more likely to bend out of true if looked at wrong. I definitely got suckered into the marketing there....
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Trail bikes without water bottle mounts.
    I thought those were for bear spray...?

My friend who helped me buy my bike responded to my gripe about shit breaking all the time that he didn't think I would actually ride the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    My friend who helped me buy my bike responded to my gripe about shit breaking all the time that he didn't think I would actually ride the bike.
    A very reasonable assumption
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Park Tool can't make these in a packable size:

http://www.parktool.com/product/mast...category=Chain

hacksaw and a grinder.

Squeeze and pinch. Twist a little. Still fussy, but the KMC link can pop right off when you do it just right.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

1 - specailized, my stupid uuuhlins shock won't hold AIR over 150 lbs for more than a 4 hour ride yet it has a fucking auto sag feature - thanks guys that's helpful, how about an outo re-inflate button (sent back so will see result). 2 - The bike co line you are not the original owner and ends with yeah we realize you could only have had it for two months given the serial number. What comes to mind when i think Toyota is successful retail that has the best RESALE in the market if you product is so good stand behind it. 3- The water bottle thing - yeah crap and yeah i heard of camel back but like to carry some calories in the bottle
    Like I told my last wife, I never drive faster than I can see, besides it's all in the reflexes.

Yeah, that is such a biatch to deal with in the field. We struggle every time. I would love to see that in a packable size also.

Nobody is talking about the new Turner Flux. How can I confirm my preconceived ideas of its awesomeness without reading other glowing reviews?
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

I just throw the masterlink in the parts bin, never use it. Easier for me to use a chain breaker.
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Yeah, that is such a biatch to deal with in the field. We struggle every time. I would love to see that in a packable size also.
    Bailing wire. Or if you go by Nancy or Betty or something, just add a twist tie to your tool kit. (Use it to keep the two halves of your spare link together.) Either way, wrap wire around rollers/rivets on either end of link. Bring wire halves together at middle-top and twist them around a tool (or maybe each other, if using thick wire) twist tool to increase tension until link pops.