Page 56 of 247 FirstFirst ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 6153
    I'm running 28x44 on a 27.5, which is the same ratio as 34x50.
    I like the small gears for sustained climbing. My quick local loop has 5 miles of climbing, gaining 1700ft averaging 10%. My house is at 8,600 feet, so the air is a little thin up here.

Power output doesn't decrease as pedal cadence rises so I have no qualms about running lower gears. The current DD has lower gears than anyone I ride with and I pull away from them noticeably when 1st comes into play. They blame the steroids =)

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I've been wondering about this, new smuggler came with a 30t chainring and eagle (50t). I'm coming off 4 years of using a 1x10 at 30tx40t. Is the new bike going to feel ridiculous, and should I switch out to a 32t chainring right away before I get used to the too easy?
    If wheel size and weight are more or less equal, I'd come at it the other way: if you're fine with 30+10 top speed, then 30+50 will be the low gear that you don't need, but have just in case.

ETA: what jm2e said is also true.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    If I slow pedal a 32 x 50, I go the same speed as if I just walk. I've timed this. I don't get the desire for a 26t - that's like sub-crawling speed.
    Some people are just philosophically opposed to HAB, even when it's the rational choice. Also, with full recognition that this can be highly personal and location-dependent, 26x10 as a top gear? Fuck that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Is her 42 a SRAM xx1 or x01? The OneUp 44 add on makes that cassette a great 10-44 that is light.
    I'm not sure they actually make this anymore. At least it's not for sale on their site. I have to swing by their office on Friday for some issues I'm having with their pedals, I can try to ask them while I'm there.

I’ve been running the 26t WTC ring for about 6 years. It’s great, and I pedal the 26x42 way more than 26x10. If I had 12 speeds 10-50, I would gear up.

I think my wife (legs like a hummingbird) could spin 26x50.

Don't you hate it when people ramble on about gear ratios.

Dick measuring contest. I never hear ladies talk about gear ratios, they just ride their bikes....and talk so much to each other you can hear them from a mile away....

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    I'm not sure they actually make this anymore. At least it's not for sale on their site. I have to swing by their office on Friday for some issues I'm having with their pedals, I can try to ask them while I'm there.
    They quit making them because of 12 speed making it obsolete. But a lot of online retailers have them in stock. Jenson, Fanatik Bike, Universal. Or they can tell you what local shops ordered this SKU and you can call them to see if its in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    Wolf Tooth produces a similar product. I've never seen the One Up design but I imagine they are similar.
    https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/...1-x01-cassette

Here's my rant, WTF with 5 pages of bike talk in the rant thread. Wrong forums Jongs. Tech talk.

Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Here's my rant, WTF with 5 pages of bike talk in the rant thread. Wrong forums Jongs. Tech talk.

Wrong rant thread. This is the sprockets one

This is so fucking jong-ish

Swim a lap, jong.

Replaced a pinched/cut DHRII with the same tire in the new EXO+ casing. EXO+ lasted <2 turns into the first downhill on the maiden voyage. Same treadblock cut/bead pinch combo. FML.

155lbs 27psi running EXOs for years without issues and I'll now join the long list of people who run Double Downs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    If wheel size and weight are more or less equal, I'd come at it the other way: if you're fine with 30+10 top speed, then 30+50 will be the low gear that you don't need, but have just in case.

ETA: what jm2e said is also true.
    This is a good point, I'll have more range on both ends so I guess I can't loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I'm confused. Did you mis-type your first post and you actually have a 10-42 on an XD freehub? In that case, you have some options:

Leonardi General Lee 9-45: https://leonardistore.com/collection...l-lee-11v-9-45

Garbaruk 10-46: https://www.garbaruk.com/11-speed-xd.html

SunRace CSMX9X 10-46: http://www.sunrace.com/en/products/detail/csmx9x

Hope also makes 10-44 and 10-48 cassettes (https://www.hopetech.com/products/dr...-spd-cassette/), but they only work on Hope hubs or DT Swiss hubs with a OneUp MiniDriver (https://www.oneupcomponents.com/products/minidriver). The E13 cassettes have pretty well documented durability issues, I'd avoid.

No way I'd go back to a standard Shimano freehub. Besides having very limited options for wide-range cassettes that aren't boat anchors, XD just plain works better.
    where can one buy the SunRace CSMX9X 10-46 ? Places I looked at are all out of stock.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Replaced a pinched/cut DHRII with the same tire in the new EXO+ casing. EXO+ lasted <2 turns into the first downhill on the maiden voyage. Same treadblock cut/bead pinch combo. FML.

155lbs 27psi running EXOs for years without issues and I'll now join the long list of people who run Double Downs.
    Or Wild Rock'R2's. Name:  xbrows.gif
Views: 279
Size:  832 Bytes

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Dick measuring contest. I never hear ladies talk about gear ratios, they just ride their bikes....and talk so much to each other you can hear them from a mile away....
    Ironical. I know my wife's exact gear ratios but not my own. Need 2 guesses as to why? This was all moot with 3x9, but she wanted 1x11...and didn't want to trade away the low gears. I love 1x more than most, but shrunken range is lame.

Shimano announces the new GRX group back in the spring, they say availability will be mid June. I'm scrolling through Jenson USA and see the GRX cranks, says they will ship in 2 weeks, I order a pair, that was early June. I figured I'll see them by the end of the month. I'm patient, so I figure I'd wait a bit to bother Jenson about it. Today I shoot them an email and they respond with:

"Hey Matthew,

Unfortunately we dont currently have a ETA for the GRX crankset. I apologize for the inconvenience."

Really? Then why have they been on your website for 5 weeks? Why did you charge my card when these parts don't exist yet? Why do you think this an an acceptable response?

Fuck, just lie to me and say, "We expect those to ship in a couple of weeks."

Shimano is a joke outside of road parts now. They lost their glory for so many reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Also, with full recognition that this can be highly personal and location-dependent, 26x10 as a top gear? Fuck that.
    This.

I spin out at 32 x 10 pretty regularly.

If I had a 10 to 50 rear, I'd run a 34 to give me a little more top end.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

I think 1x and a dinner plate on the back wheel is the biggest bike industry boondoggle in the last 5 years. Long and slack is the next biggest one.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsmurfer View Post
    I think 1x and a dinner plate on the back wheel is the biggest bike industry boondoggle in the last 5 years. Long and slack is the next biggest one.
    x2 or 2x ftw

/\ /\ /\ /\
    I’m diametrically opposed to you guys on this.

If I’m going 20mph or so, I’m coasting.
    1x is up there with disc brakes and dropper posts.
    Pie plate cassette with small chainring or I walk uphill. Even then, I still walk.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.