Page 45 of 241 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 6002
    Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    OK that IS retarded.
    No.

it's specialized
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    No.

it's special ed
    FIFY.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Fucking SRAM.... Sound On!
    https://www.facebook.com/dan.gerous....wMjQ2NzY5NDAy/
    Sorry I can't find the video outside of FaceBook, or else I would have embedded it.

LOL

Ebikes, while not allowed are becoming common on our local trails and a local bike shop has been renting them but not telling people they aren't allowed on the trails.

Also. I experienced the safety issue of the speed difference first hand yesterday.

They are dead silent. I was stopped on a fire road and one passed me close going top speed.. 20mph, or nearly that. I didnt hear or see him coming and I could have easily stepped sideways into his path...

Hikers and trail runners are absolutely not going to want to share trails with silent machines that go that fast.

Argg to people who think rules dont apply to them.

Wrong thread, you can find the Electric Bike Thread here: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=320881
    But you’re right if only those E-Bikes made the same sound my bike makes when I’m pedaling at 20mph.
    Oh wait wrong thread.

I wanted to rant. I ranted in the ranting thread.

Right thread for ranting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Wrong thread, you can find the Electric Bike Thread here: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=320881
    But you’re right if only those E-Bikes made the same sound my bike makes when I’m pedaling at 20mph.
    Oh wait wrong thread.
    If you're pedaling uphill at 20mph without a motor, you should be spancered.

I severely dislike ebikes because they're pigs descending.

However, I dislike entitled mountainbikers whining about them on trails even more.

Hikers think the same thing about you. Both are stupid.

Like a mountain bike never went 20mph under someone.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    I severely dislike ebikes because they're pigs descending.

However, I dislike entitled mountainbikers whining about them on trails even more.

Hikers think the same thing about you. Both are stupid.

Like a mountain bike never went 20mph under someone.
    What the e-bike acceptance crowd seems to forget (somehow) over and over is that it is huge fodder for groups like Clark Collins (probably retired) and the BlueRibbon Coalition, who I am very familiar with. They are a bunch of dirt bikers/atv'ers that would love nothing more than to braaap every MTB trail in the U.S. And I'm not anti motorcycles, I own and love a dr650 and grew up watching my uncles and cousins race dirt bikes. I love that shit.

E-bike access is a huge stepping stone for these folks and their agenda. It's hugely different than hikers vs mountain bikers and has much much bigger implications.

I don't think we need to worry about e-bikes as a stepping stone to having dirtbikes access non-motorized trails. I'm much more concerned about MTBs losing access on non-motorized trails, or more immediately, not gaining access to things like PCT and Wilderness that we're advocating for because we're human powered and low impact. Now we have industry pushing e-bikes on everyone and riding wherever they want, its going to be a lot harder to make that argument. And they aren't exactly low key when they can ride like douchebags uphill and down.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    I don't think we need to worry about e-bikes as a stepping stone to having dirtbikes access non-motorized trails. I'm much more concerned about MTBs losing access on non-motorized trails, or more immediately, not gaining access to things like PCT and Wilderness that we're advocating for because we're human powered and low impact. Now we have industry pushing e-bikes on everyone and riding wherever they want, its going to be a lot harder to make that argument. And they aren't exactly low key when they can ride like douchebags uphill and down.
    I don't think that you are thinking too far beyond your generation. We're probably fucked on that front anyway though, depending on how far out we want to project.

Anyone have anything they'd like to rant about?

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Not only harder to make that argument, ebikes will negatively impact existing mtb because distinguishing between the two types will be more trouble than banning all bikes
    Last edited by mcski; 06-04-2019 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Fucking SRAM.... Sound On!
    https://www.facebook.com/dan.gerous....wMjQ2NzY5NDAy/
    Sorry I can't find the video outside of FaceBook, or else I would have embedded it.
    For the non FB crowd:
    https://streamable.com/o44uh

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Not only harder to make that argument, ebikes will negatively impact existing mtb because it distinguishing between the two will be more trouble than banning all bikes
    This^^^ A quick glance at the E-bike thread shows me that the Bike industry is doing its best to make E-bikes look exactly like a standard mountain bike and guess what? There are plenty of people who absolutely hate the idea of sharing trails with either so banning all is the chosen position.

I do not get where you come up with me being entitled because I recognize that most trails have designated users and that access is an earned right, if a trail allows E-bikes, so be it. If they are not allowed on a trail then be a responsible person and stay off of it.

In Montana we are in a battle for access.

https://mountainjournal.org/scientis...-impacts-bears

https://mountainjournal.org/gallatin...le-weighing-in
    Last edited by Not bunion; 06-04-2019 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    What the e-bike acceptance crowd seems to forget (somehow) over and over is that it is huge fodder for groups like Clark Collins (probably retired) and the BlueRibbon Coalition, who I am very familiar with. They are a bunch of dirt bikers/atv'ers that would love nothing more than to braaap every MTB trail in the U.S. And I'm not anti motorcycles, I own and love a dr650 and grew up watching my uncles and cousins race dirt bikes. I love that shit.

E-bike access is a huge stepping stone for these folks and their agenda. It's hugely different than hikers vs mountain bikers and has much much bigger implications.
    Based on the kind of bullshit most 'mountainbike' groups build these days that would actually improve the trails.

I have no delusions about what e-bikes are being caged as. Every city hateful old hiker association has an editorial in the local paper about how we can't let bikes on trails cuz now moterz!!

But when you throw a tantrum about an ebike on your bike trail, you are literally just as bad as the shit heads in the wilderness society. They are not 450cc dirtbikes roosing up shit on track tires. They're just not. Leave the elitist exclusionary crap at the door. This country has enough of it. In Montana you know this.

I don't understand the use of the time/money/man power that is used to build (overbuild) wilderness flow trails. I love that more and more backcountry and wilderness trails are being opened to bikes but there is a particular one that is crazy well built and sculpted. Im talking 3-4' wide, buff, huge berms, rollers, side hits etc... and its pretty damn far out there. Seems like the people wanting and willing to put in the effort to get there would be just as, if not more happy with a primative singletrack trail. IMO, leave the big builds for the big traffic areas, and keep the backcountry epic trails wild and on the primative side.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    I don't understand the use of the time/money/man power that is used to build (overbuild) wilderness flow trails. I love that more and more backcountry and wilderness trails are being opened to bikes but there is a particular one that is crazy well built and sculpted. Im talking 3-4' wide, buff, huge berms, rollers, side hits etc... and its pretty damn far out there. Seems like the people wanting and willing to put in the effort to get there would be just as, if not more happy with a primative singletrack trail. IMO, leave the big builds for the big traffic areas, and keep the backcountry epic trails wild and on the primative side.
    Somethings should be kept wild...

No-see-ums. Holy fuck, they're out of control this year. My whole body itches from camping. I was pretty good about keeping things closed up, but those assholes always find a way in.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

They are not 450cc dirtbikes roosing up shit on track tires.
    No one that I know is making that claim. E-bikes are Motorized and that is a fact.

Right now there are wars being fought over Mechanized access and from my viewpoint we are losing, badly.

Thanks not bunion a very interesting read. Kidwoo get off your high horse. Ebikes are great for around town and commuting they do not belong on trails for non motorized use. Giving ebike riders a lot of shit you meet on illegal trails is a good thing. Promoting them because they allow you ride further into areas to do gnarly lines or climbs for your stupid instagram feed and meager bro brah lifestyle is wrong. They will also allow greater penetration into remote areas for more people, and as that article and science studies show this has a significant impact on wildlife. As a group we need acknowledge our impacts and mitigate them even if that means not riding in important areas. I am all for more wilderness, especially in these areas that have been acknowledge as having very significant wildlife resources. Where do I contribute ($$) to the cause?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsmurfer View Post
    Promoting them because they allow you ride further into areas to do gnarly lines or climbs for your stupid instagram feed and meager bro brah lifestyle is wrong. They will also allow greater penetration into remote areas for more people, and as that article and science studies show this has a significant impact on wildlife. ?
    Pretty much word for word the argument against MTB access anywhere. Its human nature to set the line just beyond yourself. Bikes are man made machines used to gain a mechanical advantage allowing users to travel farther and faster than they would on foot.

Be nice, be polite, and ride in a manner fitting the situation. Pretty easy.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Pretty much word for word the argument against MTB access anywhere. Its human nature to set the line just beyond yourself. Bikes are man made machines used to gain a mechanical advantage allowing users to travel farther and faster than they would on foot.

Be nice, be polite, and ride in a manner fitting the situation. Pretty easy.
    Be nice, be polite, and ride in a manner fitting the situation and if you are not allowed to be where you are riding you are part of the problem between bicyclists and other users. Pretty easy
    FIFY

Redsmurfer, I have donated to STC and wholly and completely support their efforts to revise the Wilderness act to allow local land managers to decide if trails currently closed to Mountain Biking should be re-opened to them.

I have watched as the Wilderness Zealots have shut us out of new Wilderness areas that we have ridden in the past. I have watched as Recommended Wilderness has been closed to us and I have watched as Wilderness Study Areas have been managed as de-facto Wilderness and Mountain Bikes have been banned. I have written comments and gone to meeting and repeatedly been disappointed. We are getting our asses kicked.

I will no longer support ANY Wilderness designations until some sanity is restored. Those 2 links are the tip of the anti-bike iceberg.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    FIFY
    Never met a hiker/equestrian who would be mad at an e-biker but not a MTBer out on the trail. YMMV.

Ever been blown by a emoped rider going 20 uphill on a non-motorized fireroad with almost no noise? You should see the reactions of hikers. I deal with entitled ebikers almost every ride now. I know people do not like seeing access removed but places like that were described in those articles as well as the wildlife experts basically laying out the impacts and you have to recognized there should be some places you can't and should not ride. Sorry if you just moved to Big Sky and had this dream of playing anyway and anywhere you wanted. Increase access in the developed areas, wild places need our protection.

Look at Europe, they have no wildlife resources left nor due they have extensive wilderness areas. go ebike there.