Page 106 of 241 FirstFirst ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 6003
    Quote Originally Posted by rip View Post
    So on the second to last day of lift served biking, I snapped my frame. Took a long time to get a hold on NS Bikes via chain reaction cycles but eventually they do me right and send me a replacement front triangle, carbon fiber this time.
    Attachment 349761
    Miss almost the entire fall riding season, Get the fucker back together, get a warm up ride in a Phil's world, take it over for a couple laps in moab, including a porc rim. Bike is crushing it, also had just put on a new 180mm lyrik.

Then.. I'm driving back over to ride some more and in paradox valley a dumb ass stupid motherfucking deer jumps out from behind an embankment.. I slam on the brakes, swerve, think "phew I'm gonna miss it." Dumb ass deer keeps running and gets between the rear of my car and my bike on a tray rack.. snaps the new front triangle in three places.

Attachment 349762
    Attachment 349763
    Attachment 349764

Yes that's a ghetto ass tape job in a failed attempt to protect something maybe deep down I knew I would fuck up.

Fuck Deer.

And in general.... FUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!
    BRUTAL!
    +++viiiiiiiiiiiibes

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    That reminds me.

Lezyne pumps: fuck those things.
    Amen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Huh. I've used them on a few bikes and never had any issues, but I run my seat pretty flat, and haven't used one on a bike with a stupid slack STA.
    Combo of a relatively slack Bronson v1 and firm as fuck Selle Italia XLR saddle, couldn’t tip the nose down far enough to take pressure off my wang without boring out the clamp hole to take a more downward angle.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Holy shit, rip! It's Final Destination: Bike Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by rip View Post
    So on the second to last day of lift served biking, I snapped my frame. Took a long time to get a hold on NS Bikes via chain reaction cycles but eventually they do me right and send me a replacement front triangle, carbon fiber this time.
    Attachment 349761
    Miss almost the entire fall riding season, Get the fucker back together, get a warm up ride in a Phil's world, take it over for a couple laps in moab, including a porc rim. Bike is crushing it, also had just put on a new 180mm lyrik.

Then.. I'm driving back over to ride some more and in paradox valley a dumb ass stupid motherfucking deer jumps out from behind an embankment.. I slam on the brakes, swerve, think "phew I'm gonna miss it." Dumb ass deer keeps running and gets between the rear of my car and my bike on a tray rack.. snaps the new front triangle in three places.

Attachment 349762
    Attachment 349763
    Attachment 349764

Yes that's a ghetto ass tape job in a failed attempt to protect something maybe deep down I knew I would fuck up.

Fuck Deer.

And in general.... FUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!
    Did you get to keep the deer?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Bastard ran off, hopefully to die a slow excruciating death somewhere. If it had still been around I would have snapped his neck like Geena Davis in Long Kiss Goodnight.

The decision now is to try and keep the bike alive, or gut it for parts and save for something new. If anyone is looking for a couple non boost wheelsets(park and trail) or a non boost 180 lyrik, pm me!

No renters or HO insurance? I think that would be covered minus deductible.
    Rack okay?

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Rack is fine.. Would have preferred it to be busted and the bike ok, but it held pretty strong, if the bike would have been facing the other way I think it would have been fine, one of those things where the deer must have hit just right high on the seattube and the cross tube and it just twisted the frame in the rack and snapped it.

Definitely no home here, and no renters insurance either, I literally don't own anything else valuable(besides some skis that only dirtbags value) so it never seemed to make sense. Gonna have to take this one on the chin. Was hoping my auto policy would help me out but they cover non vehicular damage up to.... $200. Womp womp. Trying to get ahold of nsbikes again to see if they have another front triangle I could get under their crash replacement policy but at this point with these two incidents plus I crashed on the bike last year and smashed my forearm to bits.. ulna/radius open compound fracture.. and the aging standards, it may be time to just move along to another bike.

So brutal.
    I can’t help wonder if an alloy frame would have survived.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Well, shit.

But now that you’re on the ground reeling, let me just kick you in the ballsac right now and tell you that low deductible renter’s insurance can be cheap and coulda likely covered that entire bike at MSRP minus your deductible.

I used to do mine through AAA, started out around $200 a year when I was in grad school for maybe like $10k coverage with $600 deductible, and maybe eventually got up to like $360 a year when I was living in Oaktown CA for $15k ... hell even now my HO insurance is under $600 a year and that insures my entire house plus all our gear and crap.

It’s generally a good idea to insure stuff you can’t afford to replace, and also generally a good idea to NOT insure it if you can afford to replace it ...

Anyways, carry on with the ranting. I have no rants today.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Fucking assholes who steal trail signs.

2nd time one of the steel plasma cut signs has been stolen at CC.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

That’s fucking lame.
    I hope whomever sees it in his dorm or workshop or whatever gives them no end of shit about it.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Some of us stole//removed the No Ebike signs right after the law was overturned here. Now mine hangs above the Ebike changing outlet at the house. ⚡️⚡️⚡️

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Some of us stole//removed the No Ebike signs right after the law was overturned here. Now mine hangs above the Ebike changing outlet at the house. ⚡️⚡️⚡️

You are so core.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I guess that's easier than having a sign made that says "I'm lazy".
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    Zing!

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    Actually, that would be pretty easy too. I was ordering the I’m Lazy sign from Etsy, when your granny wrote me saying, “Why not just get an Ebike, you sack of shit?!” She’s a bit crass.

Glad it wasn't me

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I’ve crashed into cactus, but not as bad as that guy.

Still REALLY sucked though.

Riding above Palm springs a few years ago the rider in front of me crashed and landed on his ass on a cholla cactus. He pulled a pair of tweezers and handed them to me, dropped trou and bent over. There was no question whether I'd help or not because I knew how helpless I'd be if that were me. In fact, no words were even spoken I just went to work yanking spines. Thankfully no other riders came by during surgery.

Back in March I came across a backpacker on the Arizona trail who had fallen and got a huge cholla ball stuck on the back of his hand. He was solo and had no way to get it off. He was in agony and almost in tears from the pain. But he wouldn't let me yank it off with a couple sticks. Instead I used the scissors on my multi-tool to cut the individual spines. I gave him my pair of tweezers as I had to keep going. He was going to be there for awhile pulling spines.

The worst one I ever had personally was nailing a foot-tall barrel cactus with my toe. A big spine went right through my 5-10 shoe into my foot and broke off. It impaled my foot but was caught in the shoe as well, so I couldn't just pull my foot out. That really hurt.

Giant bicycles received over $2 million in the form of a PPP loan from the US government back in the spring and now they expect the loan to be forgiven. Not a bad deal for the worlds largest bicycle brand and frame producer, that also happens to not be a U.S. company.

https://www.bicycleretailer.com/indu...r#.X852tORHaEc

Seems pretty tone deaf on their part in the midst of an industry wide record breaking year. Why should they just get a free $2 mill when other brands were willing to either potentially tighten their belts or dip into savings to navigate Covid? I wonder if a smaller brand like Kona or Marin or Revel also wouldn’t mind a free couple million?

I don’t blame them for applying back in the spring with all the uncertainty moving forward, but now pay that shit back to the US taxpayers. Maybe Giant owns some National restaurant chain like Chili’s or something that nobody knows about? Restaurants, hotels and perhaps airlines are the only industries that should have those loans forgiven, IMHO.

edit: Oh, and P.S., Giant reported all-time record profit in Q2 of this year.
    Last edited by One (+) Sentence; 12-07-2020 at 03:00 PM.

^^^ Good rant

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    He pulled a pair of tweezers and handed them to me, dropped trou and bent over. no words were even spoken I just went to work yanking spines.
    True homie right there.

Anyone have anything they'd like to rant about?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    ^^^ Good rant
    He’s fucking right though.

Fuck Giant and all the big corporations that have the lawyers/account’s to get ppp, but not the hardship.