Page 130 of 247 FirstFirst ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 6153
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Ahh, bummer, my ‘endurpo event’ is likely cancelled this weekend. I was ‘looking forward’ to over 6000 feet of climbing, and descending three stages in a blind format. Boo.

www.thecarriboojack.com

and it’s a trail building fundraiser, not a ‘for profit’ event. Just a bunch of dirtbags DEEEP in the woods.
    Ah, I’ve been wanting to do that one! Good way to clear trail and get a little traffic on the out there stuff. Bummed for ya.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Ahh, bummer, my ‘endurpo event’ is likely cancelled this weekend. I was ‘looking forward’ to over 6000 feet of climbing, and descending three stages in a blind format. Boo.

www.thecarriboojack.com

and it’s a trail building fundraiser, not a ‘for profit’ event. Just a bunch of dirtbags DEEEP in the woods.
    You can still go ride it. Talked to a friend who did over last weekend and she said it was the hardest 20 mile ride she'd ever done, and her capacity for suffering is off the charts.

Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    You can still go ride it. Talked to a friend who did over last weekend and she said it was the hardest 20 mile ride she'd ever done, and her capacity for suffering is off the charts.
    I didn't see route info on the link? I spent a bunch of time in that area this summer hiking, and just wondering if I was on it.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I didn't see route info on the link? I spent a bunch of time in that area this summer hiking, and just wondering if I was on it.
    Pole Canyon to Water Canyon, via Fogg Hill and Thompson Peak.

Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    Pole Canyon to Water Canyon, via Fogg Hill and Thompson Peak.
    Copy thanks. That Thompson Peak ridge line section is a beauty.

It takes 3 different size hex wrenches to remove an XT shifter from the bar.

And then I need a 4th size wrench to open it up. And I need to open it up because apparently shimano's grease turns to immovable sludge after a year and renders the shifter 90% inoperable, so it needs to be degreased.

Whoever designed these things is bad at designing things.

A modern hand built DH wheel should never explode like that. Never. Just fucking unacceptable. Literally could have killed one of the most gifted athletes of the next generation.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Anyone have anything they'd like to rant about?

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    A modern hand built DH wheel should never explode like that. Never. Just fucking unacceptable. Literally could have killed one of the most gifted athletes of the next generation.
    No clue what you’re talking about, crash in training?

Don’t see anything on pink bike home page so guessing I’m not the only one in the dark here.

Daprela's run today.

Thought it seemed super weird. on the broadcast no one seemed to think so though. Maybe rim went into rock at weird angle with all his weight on it? Didn't realize it was an Enve at first either... not good.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Thought it seemed super weird. on the broadcast no one seemed to think so though. Maybe rim went into rock at weird angle with all his weight on it? Didn't realize it was an Enve at first either... not good.
    Have you seen the way they pan away quickly and hide the bike when frames break? They protect the manufactures and sponsors.

I was just above it when it happened and only heard it, and you probably know this, but that section is brutal. Lots of stuff to destroy a rim on through there, and he was hauling.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post

And then I need a 4th size wrench to open it up. And I need to open it up because apparently shimano's grease turns to immovable sludge after a year and renders the shifter 90% inoperable, so it needs to be degreased.

Isn't it only 3 because you're not running Shimano brakes?

I mean, not running Shimano brakes is smart if you don't want to die when they randomly go to the bar but it's not exactly their fault that someone else used a different bolt on their brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post

I mean, not running Shimano brakes is smart if you don't want to die when they randomly go to the bar but it's not exactly their fault that someone else used a different bolt on their brakes.
    Mine all have a TREX head for one and Allen head for the other. It sure would be nice if they just picked one. That said, I'm not breaking down brakes on the trail unless something bid has happened.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post

It's 3 (different) bolts to remove the lever from shimano's perch, which isn't removable from the bar without removing the grip. So I could remove the grip, and then I'd only need to loosen one bolt to pull the whole thing off.

Sram, on the other hand, requires removing 1 bolt and doesn't require removing the grip to remove the perch (regardless of what brakes I'm running). I've also never had a sram lever seize up because the grease had solidified.

It's 3 (different) bolts to remove the lever from shimano's perch, which isn't removable from the bar without removing the grip. So I could remove the grip, and then I'd only need to loosen one bolt to pull the whole thing off.

Sram, on the other hand, requires removing 1 bolt and doesn't require removing the grip to remove the perch (regardless of what brakes I'm running). I've also never had a sram lever seize up because the grease had solidified.
    Oh, got it. I thought you were sliding them off the end after removing the grip.

That does seem like too many different sizes.

I once ranted about the number of tools it takes to do a handlebar swap (6), but 4 for one shifter is insane. Any cockpit item that cannot be removed without removing the grip is also stupid.

Anyone have anything they'd like to rant about?

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I was just above it when it happened and only heard it, and you probably know this, but that section is brutal. Lots of stuff to destroy a rim on through there, and he was hauling.
    Yea, buddy of mine was in the woods too and said it sounded like a gun shot.

What we’re really wondering though is, who was the hottie course marshal consoling him trackside.?? 🤩🤩

My suspicion is that they’re experimenting with carbon layups, spoke gauge, spoke tension to give them an edge with compliance through the rock garden.
    I stand by my opinion that a DT Swiss EX511/471 with properly tensioned Competition spokes would have good to ride the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

I'm as likely as anyone to mock ENVEs, but from the photos I've seen on RM, it looks like he ripped the tire off just prior to that, then came down hard front first. Sounds like they were pushing the envelope a little too much in terms of low pressure or something... I don't even know how he can rip a DH tire off a front wheel with Cushcore.

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    <snip> I don't even know how he can rip a DH tire off a front wheel with Cushcore.
    Physics, man... PHYSICS!!

K = 1/2 mv^2 doesn't fuck around

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    They told me there would be no maths.

Engineering humor

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    isn't accepted here!!

Funny, I had to do the exact same thing yesterday to remove an XT shifter that randomly decided to stop working after 4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Funny, I had to do the exact same thing yesterday to remove an XT shifter that randomly decided to stop working after 4 months.
    I'm kinda bummed about it. The Shimano stuff shifts so nice when it's new, but it just doesn't seem to last very long. The Sram stuff leaves plenty of room for improvement, but I've never had an eagle shifter or derailleur just outright quit on me. I've had plenty die after smashing them on something, but that's different. I've gone through a couple XT derailleurs and now this XT shifter that just crapped out without any impact damage or apparent reason.