Page 99 of 241 FirstFirst ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 6003
    I don't think there's too much to worry about.
    76 views (including several mags by now) of an indescript bit of dust ribbon isn't going to alert much of anyone to much of anything.
    However many are in a shit ton.

The concern is more that it's near the Bay Area. There's not many good sanctioned trails, and there's a shitload of assholes on ebikes that will pulverize it more than it already is if word gets out widely.

We pretty aggressively nuke Strava DH segments for that reason too.

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    Fuck it, have at him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-dT...ature=youtu.be

Apparently his defense to the other guy was saying, "Well there's another video up that some teenager put up back in June."
    But bro... does he even lift?

the answer... yes. very much yes. https://www.instagram.com/caliwrxmedia/

fucking youtubing spotdooming twats

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    But bro... does he even lift?

the answer... yes. very much yes. https://www.instagram.com/caliwrxmedia/
    Never name your kid "Clint"...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Haha priceless.

Could be worse, Cunt could have 11k bro-brah followers like this douche here in Socal. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stGuKjBGyeM

Half his vids are of "secret trails." He doesn't name them or post locations, but there is usually enough clues that anyone with 2 brain cells and a bit of knowledge of the area can piece together where they are. For those with one or fewer brain cells, knowing the trail exists is the first step in tracking it down. 11k followers is a lot of people to be asking where that trail is.

Shit for brains. And speaking of shit, he eats shit more often than any dog I've ever met. Mediocre riders. Zero social awareness.

In the linked vid he drives a couple hours north to ride a secret trail. But the road is gated shut as all National forests in CA are closed. So he drives to Santa Barbara, comes across another closure but rides the trail anyways. Maybe he's Clint's cousin?

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Hey Todd, most of the riders in the Sea2Sky know what you've done for the MTB/Trail community, and super appreciate it. All done with no ego or sense of entitlement.
    Echo this Todd

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Could be worse, Cunt could have 11k bro-brah followers like this douche here in Socal. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stGuKjBGyeM

Half his vids are of "secret trails." He doesn't name them or post locations, but there is usually enough clues that anyone with 2 brain cells and a bit of knowledge of the area can piece together where they are. For those with one or fewer brain cells, knowing the trail exists is the first step in tracking it down. 11k followers is a lot of people to be asking where that trail is.

Shit for brains. And speaking of shit, he eats shit more often than any dog I've ever met. Mediocre riders. Zero social awareness.

In the linked vid he drives a couple hours north to ride a secret trail. But the road is gated shut as all National forests in CA are closed. So he drives to Santa Barbara, comes across another closure but rides the trail anyways. Maybe he's Clint's cousin?
    Wow. I only watched like the first 20 sec of that video, but talk about the punchable SoCal dudebro douche stereotype. Too many head injuries? I don't hit jumps like that, but if I did and was constantly crashing spectacularly like that, I sure as shit wouldn't be bragging about it on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    Wow. I only watched like the first 20 sec of that video, but talk about the punchable SoCal dudebro douche stereotype. Too many head injuries? I don't hit jumps like that, but if I did and was constantly crashing spectacularly like that, I sure as shit wouldn't be bragging about it on the internet.
    Skip to 3:00. Those trails are sick. Kinda wish I could hook up with the guy.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

So back about the first of May, I bought a Hope 10t-48t XD 11-speed cassette from CRC (and accompanying proprietary freehub) for my trail bike. I installed it along with a new Connex chain & RF chainring. It's now skipping terribly under any sort of torque. I probably have less than 500 miles on this cassette (I also have a SS and DH bike that get equal use in season). Apparently the alloy Hope uses for the 4 largest cogs comes from some cheese factory and only lasts a few hundred miles. Part of the sales pitch was that you could just replace the alum. spider with the 4 large cogs once worn, but the product sucked so bad that Hope has discontinued it and you can't get the replacement cogs. That's the 3rd strike for Hope (after two failed Pro 2 rear hubs; a split hub shell and a spun ratchet) so I'm done with them. Gonna put the 10t-42t SRAM cassette that came with the bike back on and suck it up while I wait to see if e13 got it right this time with the new Helix. Don't want to try and warranty it, as it's not the fault of CRC. Just infuriating that Hope would sell a product that uses such an inferior grade of aluminum. It's not as though they were treading new ground regarding alloy selection.

Mountain bike "pants." Good lord.

I warned you. You have no one but yourselves to blame, you pants-wearing weirdos.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post

I warned you. You have no one but yourselves to blame, you pants-wearing weirdos.
    Nobody cares if you wear a skirt. TGR is quite liberal for the most part.

I'll happily take the disapproval of some people on the internet over poison oak on my shins.

Naw, I used to wear these 3/4 length fucking things, no idea what I was thinking at the time. Waay worse than pants.

Then my old man (kinda) got into cycling, copied my steeze and got similar abominations.

Fuck we must have looked like complete dorks riding together.

I wore pants riding tonight. It got down to 30f and despite not even having insulation my legs and stuff were comfy. Also I'm going to say it's marginally more "normal" looking than leg warmers under shorts.

As for a rant, I had my new helmet and light setup all ready to go and then when I went to put the helmet light on I discovered one of the little tabs that holds it in place was broken. Have never even used it.

Commencal

1. $130 to ship a bike from one state over and have it take seven days.

2. Decided internal routing was a good idea on a dirt jumper.

You tried them? Trail oriented pants have gotten really good the last couple years. I wear em basically anytime it’s under 60 degrees. Fox Flex Air and Giro Havoc’s are good examples.

I agree with Jamal, now when I see people riding in shorts with leg warmers I think they look weird. There are better options now when it’s cold.

I did a fatbike ride Sunday with my Dakine Thrillium pants and a lightweight Icebreaker layer underneath. That was perfect for the conditions- about 30 degrees with 6 inches of fresh. Very happy with them.

Anyone have anything they'd like to rant about?

I feel personally attacked.

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    You tried them? Trail oriented pants have gotten really good the last couple years. I wear em basically anytime it’s under 60 degrees. Fox Flex Air and Giro Havoc’s are good examples.

I agree with Jamal, now when I see people riding in shorts with leg warmers I think they look weird. There are better options now when it’s cold.
    MTB pants are great. If you can find a pair!

One of my frequent rants is about pulling over to let oncoming riders pass yet they go off trail even though the trail is clear for them. Had that happen tonight. Half a dozen riders were approaching so I pulled over, off the trail. Every one of them rode 2-3 feet off trail. Through a patch of poison oak. They were all on e-bikes. Enjoy your rash, assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Commencal

1. $130 to ship a bike from one state over and have it take seven days.

2. Decided internal routing was a good idea on a dirt jumper.
    Well, this morning the estimated delivery updated to tomorrow, so I'm feeling less ranty about #1. The cost is still ridiculous, though. Last year I shipped a bike to Kansas via Bikeflights and it cost $50.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    I'm building up some new wheels and I had to buy the hoops, front hub and rear hub from three different outlets. And it took me quite a bit of time to find everything!
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. The winds will blow their freshness into you, and the storms, their energy. Your cares and tensions will drop away like the leaves of Autumn." --John Muir

"welcome to the hacienda, asshole." --s.p.c.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    X1000 if you can find a pair on a local shop to try on. Nothing like putting $600 into shopping escrow just to try on 4 pairs, send 3 band AND pay return shipping! Really underlines why local shops are dying and Amazon is taking over the world.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums