Page 142 of 247 FirstFirst ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 6153
    I don’t follow road racing, but these guys are cool with me.

https://road.cc/content/news/sagan-h...canaria-289841
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

This is the sprockets rant thread…

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...hat+annoys+you

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    This is the sprockets rant thread…

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...hat+annoys+you
    That thread would be way more appropriate.

I don’t enter the padded room…

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Just make your own sealant for a fraction of the price. I've been running homebrew for 4-5 years now, works just as well as stans in my experience. 1 part latex mold builder, 3 parts water.
    This. I'm ten years in now. My recipe, from the ratio maybe a little thicker than yours:

1 part RV plumbing antifreeze (non-toxic/biodegradable)
    2 natural liquid latex mold builder
    3 parts water
    1 tube glitter (optional, looks fabulous when you puncture, maybe it helps)

I bought a gallon bucket of Liquid Latex Mold Builder for $80 like five years ago and I'm halfway through it. That'll make three gallons of tire sealant for <$100 at my ratio. Stan's is expendo these days, that'll only get ya three quarts. Keep your straight latex inside so it doesn't freeze.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    I have a couple rants:

-It drives me nuts when I see ski photos where the skier for one reason or another has decided not to use their pole straps and they are just dangling in mid air.

-It drives me nuts when I’m watching amateur sports (usually NCAA hockey) and decidedly below average to marginal players on generally shitty teams are wearing snowflake numbers like 77, 84, 62, etc. If you’re wearing 77, your game better be pretty damn tight and you better bring that shit every night. Most of these hacks might as well be wearing 99.

Wait, does my ranting have to be MTB related?
    Sir this is a Wendy’s

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Sir this is a Wendy’s
    Hah.

So, the problem here is actually the writer in the auto industry. This pile of drivel is an insult to anyone who can either read, or ride a bike. Gag-worthy.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/t...ce-180868.html

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    So, the problem here is actually the writer in the auto industry. This pile of drivel is an insult to anyone who can either read, or ride a bike. Gag-worthy.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/t...ce-180868.html
    I'm pretty sure that was written in German, then translated into Mandarin, and then some guy that didn't speak Mandarin but ate Chinese food once translated it into English.

Here's my rant:

A local Trek store just finished remodeling, so I stopped in to check it out. One "salesman" asked if I was looking for a bike. I said: possibly; I've been looking for an XCM race bike...but I'm torn between the Super Cal...and just saving the $$$$ and getting a Pro cal...I guess I'd have to test to see how much different 60mm makes compared to ISOSpeed alone.

First, I'm told that it has 80mm. Fine, whatever. Then he asks me "to look at this." "This" is a FuelEX. A very nice bike to be sure...but no one would mistake it for a XC or even a "downcountry" bike. Then he shows me the TopFuel (which I sorta get), but I'll him: ideally, I'd like last year's TopFuel, but good luck finding one NOS...I think I'll stick with the Super or Pro.

He then pulls out a MED Pro cal. Standing at 6'4", I say: I don't think that will work...do you have an XL? He says: I don't think you need an XL, but I have "this." This time "this" is a Med/Lg Supercal. I tell him that I think it's a little chilly for a test ride and maybe I'll come back when it's nicer out.

Not being a drama queen and none of these by themselves is over the top (well...the FuelEX kinda is...but it's a nice bike), but taken all together: is it too much to ask that the guy trying to pitch a $4500-$7500 bike knows at least a little about the bike...and what the customer is asking for?

It was like trying to buy ski boots in Delaware...except we actually can ride bikes here!

I guess I'm lucky that you can't spit around here without running into a Trek store...and there's plenty of LBS around selling other brands (oddly, no real Speshy presence), but this was not a positive experience.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Here's my rant:

A local Trek store just finished remodeling, so I stopped in to check it out. One "salesman" asked if I was looking for a bike. I said: possibly; I've been looking for an XCM race bike...but I'm torn between the Super Cal...and just saving the $$$$ and getting a Pro cal...I guess I'd have to test to see how much different 60mm makes compared to ISOSpeed alone.

First, I'm told that it has 80mm. Fine, whatever. Then he asks me "to look at this." "This" is a FuelEX. A very nice bike to be sure...but no one would mistake it for a XC or even a "downcountry" bike. Then he shows me the TopFuel (which I sorta get), but I'll him: ideally, I'd like last year's TopFuel, but good luck finding one NOS...I think I'll stick with the Super or Pro.

He then pulls out a MED Pro cal. Standing at 6'4", I say: I don't think that will work...do you have an XL? He says: I don't think you need an XL, but I have "this." This time "this" is a Med/Lg Supercal. I tell him that I think it's a little chilly for a test ride and maybe I'll come back when it's nicer out.

Not being a drama queen and none of these by themselves is over the top (well...the FuelEX kinda is...but it's a nice bike), but taken all together: is it too much to ask that the guy trying to pitch a $4500-$7500 bike knows at least a little about the bike...and what the customer is asking for?

It was like trying to buy ski boots in Delaware...except we actually can ride bikes here!

I guess I'm lucky that you can't spit around here without running into a Trek store...and there's plenty of LBS around selling other brands (oddly, no real Speshy presence), but this was not a positive experience.
    Are you planning on racing MASS series XCO or XCM? Or just for ripping around Fair Hill, White Clay and Brandywine? I'd personally go Super for either use case, but would lean more toward downcountry bikes for Brandywine and some of the rougher marathon courses in MASS series. For what it's worth friend of mine raced last season XC on a Super Cal, but raced his RM Element for Marathon and most riding.

North of you a bit is a good Specialized dealer in Phoenixville, Twisted Cog. Don't think they have any Epic or Epic EVOs in stock, though buddy just picked up an EVO this week, not sure when he ordered.

I'd like to rant about Specialized.

Fuck Specialized.

Glad I got that off my chest.

I’m trying to buy a new bike for my wife, and pickings are slim. A Specialized in her size, and my build preference keeps coming up.
    I’ve had to repeatedly tell my self NO SPECIALIZED.

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Are you planning on racing MASS series XCO or XCM? Or just for ripping around Fair Hill, White Clay and Brandywine? I'd personally go Super for either use case, but would lean more toward downcountry bikes for Brandywine and some of the rougher marathon courses in MASS series. For what it's worth friend of mine raced last season XC on a Super Cal, but raced his RM Element for Marathon and most riding.

North of you a bit is a good Specialized dealer in Phoenixville, Twisted Cog. Don't think they have any Epic or Epic EVOs in stock, though buddy just picked up an EVO this week, not sure when he ordered.
    I'm just starting the racing thing...but will prolly do a few of the MASS events, Ramsey's Revenge...but eventually work to Pisgah and Transylvania...stage racing stuff. I'm leaning toward the new Giant Anthem...but I might pop over to Garrison's and see about a Blur (b/c they're the best shop in the land). I just moved...so most of my rides will be at Bwine. But I'll make it White Clay and Fair Hill often enough to meet up with friends.

I find the Super Cal really appealing...I just don't know about it for an everyday bike. My rant was more: how the eff you gonna work at a Trek store and not know anything about the Treks you're selling

My rant is that it since about Jan. 9, Alta has seen about 4" snow. WTFF!
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

The snowbieler that thought riding 2.5 miles of a groomed fat bike trail would be more fun than the hundreds of miles of untouched snow near the trail. WTF.
    Oh, and they crossed over the trail 20-25 times on their ride.

I find the Super Cal really appealing...I just don't know about it for an everyday bike. My rant was more: how the eff you gonna work at a Trek store and not know anything about the Treks you're selling
    Yep, good luck, Garrisons is quite good. New anthem's look like a much better version than the last one. Ridden the old one a few times and never jived with it at all, despite generally liking their trances. That same shop I mentioned in Phoenixville PA is also a Giant dealer. Might be worth a call as well.

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Yep, good luck, Garrisons is quite good. New anthem's look like a much better version than the last one. Ridden the old one a few times and never jived with it at all, despite generally liking their trances. That same shop I mentioned in Phoenixville PA is also a Giant dealer. Might be worth a call as well.
    Thanks for the tip. You been to Garrisons since they moved? Now it's like a SUPERshop...and right next to a decent brewery. Have the Hopwart's Express...stupid name, their best beer.

Fucking. Zwift. Updates.

Thanks for the tip. You been to Garrisons since they moved? Now it's like a SUPERshop...and right next to a decent brewery. Have the Hopwart's Express...stupid name, their best beer.
    No unfortunately not yet. I know they moved, but haven't been. Old location was great for me as one of the ways to/from Wilmington area to avoid 202 traffic. Now that it's not right off my route, less likely to go. Will have to stop in sometime, plus next door apparently.

chubby boomers on e bikes
    was riding downhill two day glow dressed xl people standing on the side of the trail see me coming and get on their bikes as fast as they can I catch up in an instant fucking herd of cattle couldn't wait and let me go by? damn things have motors and you still suck

Must feel awesome having great opportunities to demonstrate your superior awesomeness.
    Remember, without below average people, above average people would just be average.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

well duh why do you think I wake up everyday and deal with punters thinking they can ski and ride a bike

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Must feel awesome having great opportunities to demonstrate your superior awesomeness.
    Remember, without below average people, above average people would just be average.
    I passed "fast"fred on Peaks Trail once. He's not nearly as fast as he thinks he is.

went through and lubed/re-torqued/blue loctite every pivot bolt and axle on the bike to find the creak. culprit was last damn one I tried

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    went through and lubed/re-torqued/blue loctite every pivot bolt and axle on the bike to find the creak. culprit was last damn one I tried
    Isn't it always the last one you try?