Page 179 of 247 FirstFirst ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,475 of 6153
    I got carharrts like that ^^ the rest of the pants are OK

I don't sew so I just glued in a new ass
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Good
    God

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16749703448147658859372784453224_copy_1024x1153.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	473.0 KB 
ID:	445017
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

^^^ looks like 719 Resin on steroids!! "If you build it, they'll eventually ride it". Words of some trail builder in NelsonBC

The new Bold Cycles enduro bike… it has just about everything that’s wrong with MTB design all on one bike. And the pricing is just stupid.

Bold is for Swiss bankers only, also may lead to nervous breakdown for the mechanics who have to work on them. When Scott seems easy to maintain you've got too far

quick mini rant re:fatbikes

pisses me off to no end to hear people bitch about fat bikes being boring and slow. If you think this you are not riding them in the right places! Mob straight down a dry creekbed full of babyheads and tell me thats boring?! or go full send down a 500 foot Sand Dune.. or a giant ass scree field... or cruise a coastline..

I sold mine because it was getting old and was not broken yet.. but i will have another at some point.

/rant off

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    The new Bold Cycles enduro bike… it has just about everything that’s wrong with MTB design all on one bike. And the pricing is just stupid.
    Lol. Yup.

KRUSHER GANG

Anyone else join "Krusher Gang" lately.

Single speed fat bike on amazon for the cost of a pair of fat tires. Solid frame, Super heavy, 160mm Rotor breaks that cant slow down the inertia at all. Feels every little hill.

But fun Solid ride. will increase the quad strength overnight.

amazon search: Krusher Men's Dynacraft Fat Tire Bike

This. Apparently a lot of people think they are smarter than everyone else and they can avoid the mud by going ever wider than the last guy.

Name:	PXL_20230128_224411870.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	765.1 KB 
ID:	445609

Also - people who build shitty trails and then don't maintain them. Far as I know this trail has never been maintained. It goes up a canyon crossing a stream bed numerous times, then climbs steeply up about 15 switchbacks. The upper switchbacks used to be the worst part. Within a year they turned into a rutted mess. So much so, everyone called the trail Slot car. This year, the entire bottom half washed away with big ruts and dirt washed away to a base of cobbles. A fucking mess. And the builder is MIA. No one else wants to work on it. There's no easy way to get the water off it, and much if it is all clay and cobbles.

I found another trail currently being built in the next canyon over from this. It starts off pretty nice with good bench cuts. Then the trail finds itself at the same elevation as the stream flowing down the base of the canyon, and the builder didn't seem to know what to do. So he just followed the stream for about 1/2 mile. I counted 13 crossings, and lots of mud. Then it goes straight up a grade almost too steep to walk. Flattens out for a moment, then a couple turns...you can't call them switchbacks, they go straight up. I give those parts a month once the trail is open before they're a complete mess. WTF.

Name:	PXL_20230128_234625012.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	938.3 KB 
ID:	445610

Name:	PXL_20230128_234721388.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	927.9 KB 
ID:	445611

Another rant. As if the dirt bikes aren't enough of a problem. Today was a first, a fucking scooter on the trails.

Today's trail user count while digging. 6 mopeds. 2 dirt bikes. 1 e-moto and the scooter. The only 2 guys on regular bikes, both rocking backpack speakers.

Name:	PXL_20230202_012012395.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	590.4 KB 
ID:	445614

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Get some KG's Boot Guard. It's like $12 on Amazon. Basically rhino lining that you paint onto your boots. I put a 3" line of that stuff around the bottom edge of my boots and over the toe and heel. It's been bullet proof, and also much more water proof.
    And cut back on the Hatch green chilis.

I spent around 8 hours over the last week or so clearing overgrowth from about a mile of trail. I went out this afternoon to enjoy my efforts, I left the saw at home. This stupid tree came down right over the trail since I was last up there...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20230202_155027.jpeg 
Views:	48 
Size:	159.9 KB 
ID:	445681

Sent from my COL-L29 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    This. Apparently a lot of people think they are smarter than everyone else and they can avoid the mud by going ever wider than the last guy.

Name:	PXL_20230128_224411870.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	765.1 KB 
ID:	445609

Also - people who build shitty trails and then don't maintain them. Far as I know this trail has never been maintained. It goes up a canyon crossing a stream bed numerous times, then climbs steeply up about 15 switchbacks. The upper switchbacks used to be the worst part. Within a year they turned into a rutted mess. So much so, everyone called the trail Slot car. This year, the entire bottom half washed away with big ruts and dirt washed away to a base of cobbles. A fucking mess. And the builder is MIA. No one else wants to work on it. There's no easy way to get the water off it, and much if it is all clay and cobbles.

I found another trail currently being built in the next canyon over from this. It starts off pretty nice with good bench cuts. Then the trail finds itself at the same elevation as the stream flowing down the base of the canyon, and the builder didn't seem to know what to do. So he just followed the stream for about 1/2 mile. I counted 13 crossings, and lots of mud. Then it goes straight up a grade almost too steep to walk. Flattens out for a moment, then a couple turns...you can't call them switchbacks, they go straight up. I give those parts a month once the trail is open before they're a complete mess. WTF.

Name:	PXL_20230128_234625012.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	938.3 KB 
ID:	445610

Name:	PXL_20230128_234721388.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	927.9 KB 
ID:	445611
    JHFC. That's a travesty.

I feel the urge to write a song: "While My Shovel Gently Weeps"

Rode my local trails this morning for first time in a while, aside from the usual winter ruts, was super annoyed to see a bunch of strava corners re-opened that I and others closed last spring. This whole trail system is barely a blue, that I sometimes ride on my CX bike, no need for this silliness. Side effect of a warm/non-existent winter I suppose.

Jenson's warranty department, thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    I had a bike break 48 hours before a race and they overnighted it without charge a couple years ago. I’ve been loyal to them since. I guess COVID changed things.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    I had a bike break 48 hours before a race and they overnighted it without charge a couple years ago. I’ve been loyal to them since. I guess COVID changed things.
    Me: June 1st - I submit warranty claim.
    Them: June 15th - we have all info needed, just send a photo of part installed on bike.
    Me: June 15th - see photo attached
    Them: Aug 11th - this must have have slipped through our cracks, we'll submit it to the vendor and send you a RA
    Me: Oct 11th - What's going on with this warranty? I haven't seen a RA
    Them: Oct 11th - Thanks for patiently waiting, this must have slipped through the cracks, Send me your mailing address for a RA.
    Me Oct 11th - USPS address or FedEx/UPS address, because I have 2 different mailing systems in my city.
    Me Oct 20th - Here is my USPS address, here is my FedEx/UPS address
    Notification Feb 1st - This claim has been closed by Jenson.....
    Me: Feb 2 - Whats going on with my warranty claim?

Its been 7 months without resolve.
    Sure I should have followed up sooner, but I've bought a replacement part, with the failed part boxed up ready to go.
    Its the principal that upsets me, and I'm still out $300 I spent with them on a part that failed within the warranty period.

That's super lame, but I'll also add that I've had a good warranty experience with them. They were prompt and communicative, and I got a new derailleur within a few weeks.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

FedEx sent me a bill for customs duties for a bike I bought from England, made in England (and I have a statement from the manufacturer saying so) - but FedEx thinks it's from China, so assessed 25% additional duties. I'm going to dispute it.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    That's super lame, but I'll also add that I've had a good warranty experience with them. They were prompt and communicative, and I got a new derailleur within a few weeks.
    They heard about Dee’s tool collection, and are resentful.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    They heard about Dee’s tool collection, and are resentful.
    I have some new tools, I should do an update on the tool time page.

Show us your tool, big boy!

Me: June 1st - I submit warranty claim.
    Them: June 15th - we have all info needed, just send a photo of part installed on bike.
    Me: June 15th - see photo attached
    Them: Aug 11th - this must have have slipped through our cracks, we'll submit it to the vendor and send you a RA
    Me: Oct 11th - What's going on with this warranty? I haven't seen a RA
    Them: Oct 11th - Thanks for patiently waiting, this must have slipped through the cracks, Send me your mailing address for a RA.
    Me Oct 11th - USPS address or FedEx/UPS address, because I have 2 different mailing systems in my city.
    Me Oct 20th - Here is my USPS address, here is my FedEx/UPS address
    Notification Feb 1st - This claim has been closed by Jenson.....
    Me: Feb 2 - Whats going on with my warranty claim?

Its been 7 months without resolve.
    Sure I should have followed up sooner, but I've bought a replacement part, with the failed part boxed up ready to go.
    Its the principal that upsets me, and I'm still out $300 I spent with them on a part that failed within the warranty period.
    That's about my experience with them. Bought a frame. Frame was missing some small parts that had rattled out in shipping. Exchanged a number of messages with them without resolution. They ultimately closed the claim and subsequently ignored all off my messages.

Contacted Norco directly and got it resolved within 24 hours.

Interesting to hear. I know my one buddy who insists on XTRs buys them from Jenson, and as soon as they develop the wandering bite point, warranties them. He's got 4 bikes with them, so he's done it a lot (lol).But I'm guessing that an operation that size kinda falls on it's face when there are warranty issues that aren't a checkbox on some webform in their system.