Page 155 of 247 FirstFirst ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,875 of 6158
    Today's rant: me - I'm an idiot. Because I'm apparently incapable of putting a front tire on the right way, especially if the wheel doesn't have a rotor on it.

Anyways, off to turn my tire around. Rode moondust at the bike park with a backwards dhf, so there's that. Not the first time, almost certainly not the last time.

In my experience, using Cushcore or Wire bead rubber significantly increases the chances of a backward mount. I don’t understand the science, but it’s hard fact in my garage.
    Arthritic hands seems to also contribute to my inability to get it right the first time. FML.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Back in the day I had a buddy show up for a ride with his snazzy new reverse arch Manitou fork on backwards. So at least you didn't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Back in the day I had a buddy show up for a ride with his snazzy new reverse arch Manitou fork on backwards. So at least you didn't do that.
    I think Boissal fessed up to that just a couple weeks ago.

And I've never mounted a tire backwards, then taken it off only to mount it backwards again....certainly not.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    I’ve done one better, dropper the lowers to do a service, and reinstalled them backwards. It took me solid a minute to figure out why the bike steered strangely after servicing my fork.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    I think Boissal fessed up to that just a couple weeks ago.
    I had the lowers installed the right way, it's hard to mess that up once you're used to the arch pointing backwards on the Manitou. The CSU on the other hand...

I'm telling you guys, negative offset forks are going to be a thing soon and everyone will be thanking me for it.

Edit: Megastoke, glad to see it's not just me! Surprisingly easy mistake to make on those forks...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

I’ll occasionally reach through the frame to install a pedal on the opposite crank only to realize I’m threading it in on the inside. Real man owns up, and I’m feeling extra manly.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Show up at Revelstoke at 8 to try and best the heat and crowds. Lift doesn't load till 10
    off your knees Louie

Energy/protein bar manufacturers who over-rely on chocolate for flavor.

Can't keep them in your car in the summer, can't have them in a body-adjacent pocket in warm weather, can't have them inside a back/hip-pack in the sun without them turning into a melty mess. Even if you do manage to eat them cleanly, you can't toss the wrapper back into a pocket/bag--no matter how well you fold it up, the liquified chocolate is going manage to escape and make a mess.

Clif is pretty good about this one--many flavors don't have any solid chocolate, the chocolate chips they do use are small and don't get melty (high cocoa content?), and the toppings they use on stuff like the white chocolate macadamia nut bars seem to hold up well to heat.

RX Bars are about the worst option before you get to bars that are literally dipped in chocolate. Big pieces of chocolate that melt easily and no grains/baked structure to absorb anything. Just had to clean a bunch of leakage from a RX Bar wrapper off my multitool and pack (wasn't my first choice, but it was all I had on hand).

Quote Originally Posted by singlesline View Post

Clif is pretty good about this one--many flavors don't have any solid chocolate, the chocolate chips they do use are small and don't get melty (high cocoa content?), and the toppings they use on stuff like the white chocolate macadamia nut bars seem to hold up well to heat.
    Except that nearly every Clif bar tastes like cake batter.

Can't keep them in your car in the summer, can't have them in a body-adjacent pocket in warm weather, can't have them inside a back/hip-pack in the sun without them turning into a melty mess. Even if you do manage to eat them cleanly, you can't toss the wrapper back into a pocket/bag--no matter how well you fold it up, the liquified chocolate is going manage to escape and make a mess.

RX Bars are about the worst option before you get to bars that are literally dipped in chocolate. Big pieces of chocolate that melt easily and no grains/baked structure to absorb anything. Just had to clean a bunch of leakage from a RX Bar wrapper off my multitool and pack (wasn't my first choice, but it was all I had on hand).
    That's one of the reasons I go with my kids z bars and shot bloks/skratch chews and some honey stingers during the summer months.

I've destroyed the inside of plenty of pockets.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I stopped bothering with fancy energy bars. Regular old nature valley granola bars cost 1/4 as much as the fancy stuff and do just fine for giving me energy. And they don't melt.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I stopped bothering with fancy energy bars. Regular old nature valley granola bars cost 1/4 as much as the fancy stuff and do just fine for giving me energy. And they don't melt.
    Name:  nature-valley-funny1.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  19.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by scharny View Post
    Except that nearly every Clif bar tastes like cake batter.
    This is an unfair insult to cake batter.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I figure when I get crumbs everywhere then it just means some squirrel is also benefitting from my snack break.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I figure when I get crumbs everywhere then it just means some squirrel is also benefitting from my snack break.
    I agree - plain ol' granola bars are my go-to for snacks... I do carry Margarita flavor Shot Blocks in case of emergency. I'll even take Costco choc chip granola bars, 'cause those choc chips, for whatever reason, don't seem to melt.

Yeah, the crumbles/breakability are my only complaint about nature valley bars...I like a bar that I can fully remove from its wrapper and eat, possibly while on a bumpy gravel climb, without any of it snapping or dropping.

And while I do love eating the classic nature valley bar as a snack, I do feel like I notice the benefit of added protein.

Bulk packs of clif bars are mostly fine with me, several flavors I like well enough. But you know how it is...you see something new at Costco with a discount and feel compelled to try it.

I do like these a lot (or the nature valley protein equivalent) and they run something like 30 cents a bar.
    Name:  kirkland-signature-chewy-protein-bar-42-ct-1.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  29.8 KB
    But they suffer from the aforementioned chocolate problem (the bottom side is coated in chocolate). Good when the weather gets colder though, and whatever they do to make them "chewy" keeps them soft enough that I can still bite off chunks in ski season unlike some bars that become unbreakable ice blocks.

Larabars FTW
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Larabars FTW
    I skip the middleman and just eat dates. Cals/gram is about as high as you can get.

Ooh - fig newtons. That's good trail snack, right there.

Skratch Raspberry / Lemon bars are my favorite because of that. And they're delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    This is an unfair insult to cake batter.
    I always thought Clif bars tasted like bowel obstruction

Dried apricots are natures clif shot.

Anyone have anything they'd like to rant about?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I skip the middleman and just eat dates. Cals/gram is about as high as you can get.
    Blech. I know they’re the base, but on their own, dates are gross.

I actually usually pack Kirkland nut bars. Melting hasn’t been a major issue, but we’re rarely riding in the sun here and I don’t keep them next to my body. I also don’t eat on the move. If I’m packing food there’s a good chance I’m stopping to filter water anyway.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Blech. I know they’re the base, but on their own, dates are gross.
    Whaaat? Blasphemy, they're caramels that grow on trees.