Page 42 of 247 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 6171
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Dude you're exaggerating again.
    I'm not exaggerating - trying to sell me on e-bikes by saying they're better than a 20 year old DH bike is dumb. If you want to convince people that e-bikes are great, don't do it by saying "they're even better than this terrible thing that everyone agrees is terrible."

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I'm not exaggerating - trying to sell me on e-bikes by saying they're better than a 20 year old DH bike is dumb. If you want to convince people that e-bikes are great, don't do it by saying "they're even better than this terrible thing that everyone agrees is terrible."
    Haa, what a joke. What was a " flexy 50 pound death trap with a 70 degree head angle" is now your "20 year old dh bike". I'd suggest looking up the definition of exaggeration. If it's not an exaggeration and your bike in 99 was flexy, weighed 50 lbs and had a 70 degree ha, reach out man! I can help you make better bike choices

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Haa, what a joke. What was a " flexy 50 pound death trap with a 70 degree head angle" is now your "20 year old dh bike". I'd suggest looking up the definition of exaggeration. If it's not an exaggeration and your bike in 99 was flexy, weighed 50 lbs and had a 70 degree ha, reach out man! I can help you make better bike choices

not an exaggeration.

not an exaggeration.

Well I guess. Only thing reasonable weight wise is the stem. Guessing it had double wide rims to boot. 70 seems off but idk. Ditch that seat and itd be 40lbs. My og super8(actually super 7 1/4) , weight was mid 40's with intense tires and dh tubes, bit of flex but not terrible and I think the ha was 66-67 . Boxxers(6")with rhino lites kept it in check. In the same ball park. Same numbers as a kenevo(suspension being the main dif/wheel size whatev). I'd take the kenevo any day. All we did was ride flat drops and steep as shit back then. Kenevo or yt decoy I'd ride any kind of trail from alpine to xc to jump to dh to climb what was formerly a hike a bike. Cant wait. Shits going to be fun. Day off? Fuck it, put it in boost and smash off a lap

Kenevo or yt decoy I'd ride any kind of trail from alpine to xc to jump to dh to climb what was formerly a hike a bike. Cant wait. Shits going to be fun. Day off? Fuck it, put it in boost and smash off a lap
    That's a much better argument than saying "ebikes are better than the worst bike you've ever owned."

Doesn't get around the fact that I haven't ridden a single trail yet this year where ebikes are legal, so regardless of how great they are, the usefulness of an ebike is super limited for where I normally ride. But I'm sure they're fun in Europe.

That's a much better argument than saying "ebikes are better than the worst bike you've ever owned."

Doesn't get around the fact that I haven't ridden a single trail yet this year where ebikes are legal, so regardless of how great they are, the usefulness of an ebike is super limited for where I normally ride. But I'm sure they're fun in Europe.
    Fun in Tahoe too. 180 front and rear

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

The majority of my favorite trails around Tahoe do not allow ebikes.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    The majority of my favorite trails around Tahoe do not allow ebikes.
    So?
    100 years ago blacks were not allowed to vote.

Not all laws are just or make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    So?

Ah yes, equating ebike access with racism. So progressive.

I'm sure once the MLK of the ebike movement comes along, those unjust restrictions will crumble under the strength of morally righteous logic.

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    So?

Oh STFU, really.

They will be legal, besides you ride up here half the time. I see good pics from eebers riding in north west states. Eebers have their foot in the door. Shits going to blow wide open soon enough

That's a pretty delusional prediction considering mtb can barely get on some of the trails now in NorCal

Yep. I’m out. Not having this conversation again.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

To the og rant about all this. Why in fuck is he ranting about someone on an eeb that cant make it up a climb? What a fucknut. How does that affect his day? If the guy on the eeb had climbed by him over the rock and him, and his whole group fucked it, he'd whine about that. I bet the fkn guy and his whole group is a bunch of punters as well/rant
    Ah. This is directed at me. I was unimpressed by an E-Biker poaching a trail that he was not legally allowed to be on, then riding poorly and huffing at us (yes, probably punters in your parlance) when we heckled him for it.

Before you call me a racist, we heckle everyone who can't make it up climbs, including our friends, and folks on normal bikes. It's fun. You should try it. It adds a little extra motivation to clean stuff.

And don't tell me about "the future" the kiddos are the future, and judging by the NICA groups blowing past the mottos out there, the kids are just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    Ah. This is directed at me. I was unimpressed by an E-Biker poaching a trail that he was not legally allowed to be on, then riding poorly and huffing at us (yes, probably punters in your parlance) when we heckled him for it.

Before you call me a racist, we heckle everyone who can't make it up climbs, including our friends, and folks on normal bikes. It's fun. You should try it. It adds a little extra motivation to clean stuff.

And don't tell me about "the future" the kiddos are the future, and judging by the NICA groups blowing past the mottos out there, the kids are just fine.
    You said you didn't know if the trail was legal or not for emtb. I'd probably heckle my friends. They'd no I was joking. Strangers I'd be more apt to encourage. You sound like a lemming jumping on the anti eeb band wagon. I prefer to think for myself. You should try it.
    FTR I'd smoke you up or down that rock. Rub it in and watch you get "huffy" whatever the fuck that means

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    That's a pretty delusional prediction considering mtb can barely get on some of the trails now in NorCal
    Maybe if you could increase rider numbers to lobby the powers that be thatd make a difference? Say by maybe 11%?

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    Things I'd like to rant about? Fucking drivers, man. Been getting a lot of shitty, dangerous behavior lately. Like easter sunday, I'm out for a nice road ride. It's sunny, it's warm, roads are nearly deserted. And yet, a passing driver feels the need to just miss me while blaring the horn and also flip me off out the window. Straight, open road, not another car in sight. I guess once you get out of church you've done your good deed for the week and can go back to treating other people like shit.

Been meaning to pick up some cameras to just record front and rear video at all times while on the road. Maybe some used gopro sessions?
    I hear you man. Haven't done much road recently. Probably gonna change soon if I get that bike. I have had so many close calls with psychos.

"Empty road, no other cars in either direction for miles? Plenty of room to get way over into the other lane to pass a cyclist? Nah. I'm gonna speed up and pass this guy with 2" between him and my mirror. I'll also honk my horn and scare the fuck out of the guy, because my life is in shambles and I'm a fat pile who hates seeing anyone exercise or enjoy the outdoors!"

Same guy who buzzed me on easter in his shitty dodge durango blared his horn at us today, but going the other direction, on the same stretch of road. Also we got coal rolled. The ~50 year old woman leading the small "b" group got it worst. What a piece of shit.

So really it's a really small minority of drivers who harass cyclists repeatedly. I've had 3 encounters with the same guy, to the point where I want to find out where he lives. I have a pretty good general idea given it's happened twice on the same dead end road.

I guess if I want to do something about it I should figure out who to call/write/harass about getting a safe passing law passed. In LA they even have an anti-harassment law. But we seem to be going backward on that front, with that dipshit state senator scott sales proposing that law to make it illegal to ride a bike or walk on most highways a few years ago.

I'm on a gravel ride recently and had to ride about a mile of pavement at the start. Of course within that mile I had some asshole in a pick up blow his horn and scream out the window as he passed me for no reason whatsoever. Maybe cyclists should start start harassing pick up drivers for no reason?

After 15 years of baseball, I could definitely hit a moving truck with a balloon filled with house paint while riding.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    There are very very few instances where I believe in any sort of retaliation, but sounds like a couple trucks that need some sugar put in the fuel tank.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    I'm on a gravel ride recently and had to ride about a mile of pavement at the start. Of course within that mile I had some asshole in a pick up blow his horn and scream out the window as he passed me for no reason whatsoever. Maybe cyclists should start start harassing pick up drivers for no reason?

After 15 years of baseball, I could definitely hit a moving truck with a balloon filled with house paint while riding.
    I may or may not have carried a baseball in my jersey pocket during a particularly bad period of cyclist/motorist relations. I maybe or may not have (ok fine, I did) chase down some motorists to have some, ahem, words with them at stop signs during this same period.

I was young, headstrong, and thought I was indestructible. I thought I was not built with the typical road rider body and confident that I could hold my own against or intimidate any driver.

What I now realize is that, no matter what I may have thought, any driver can kill me anytime they want. They are driving a deadly weapon. Changes the way you look at things. I've mellowed.

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    Also we got coal rolled. The ~50 year old woman leading the small "b" group got it worst. What a piece of shit.
    I know of a Police Chief that is an avid road cyclist, and he will make sure that any reports of "coal rolling" will be dealt with. There was an infamous local redneck with a very recognizable/unique big truck that liked to roll coal on road cyclists on specific popular bike road. Shortly after his plate number was reported to the local cops he was pulled over and given a Unlawfull Vehicle Modification Citation. The list include over 20+ issues that needed to be addressed within 30 days. He was pulled over 2 more times in in the 30 days, and he told the cops that the parts were on order and XX shop was doing the work. The cops visited XX shop, who acknowledged that they do work on this guys truck. The cops let the shop know that if the truck got a State Certified Safety Stamp from their shop and if the cops still find any of the listed issues on said truck, they would make sure the State Certification of their shop would be investigated. It seems they did not give that truck the stamp.
    After 30+ days the truck was pulled over again and cited for Unlawfull Vehicle Modification and impounded. I remember seeing the truck parked without plates with a for sale sign on the windshield for a long time after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    I know of a Police Chief that is an avid road cyclist, and he will make sure that any reports of "coal rolling" will be dealt with. There was an infamous local redneck with a very recognizable/unique big truck that liked to roll coal on road cyclists on specific popular bike road. Shortly after his plate number was reported to the local cops he was pulled over and given a Unlawfull Vehicle Modification Citation. The list include over 20+ issues that needed to be addressed within 30 days. He was pulled over 2 more times in in the 30 days, and he told the cops that the parts were on order and XX shop was doing the work. The cops visited XX shop, who acknowledged that they do work on this guys truck. The cops let the shop know that if the truck got a State Certified Safety Stamp from their shop and if the cops still find any of the listed issues on said truck, they would make sure the State Certification of their shop would be investigated. It seems they did not give that truck the stamp.
    After 30+ days the truck was pulled over again and cited for Unlawfull Vehicle Modification and impounded. I remember seeing the truck parked without plates with a for sale sign on the windshield for a long time after that.
    Ahhh... sweet justice for a moron. I approve!

This is a satisfying read.

I don't even ride road, but coal rollers are dick bags. I don't want to have to quickly roll up my windows for those douches.

That made my day.