Page 141 of 247 FirstFirst ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,525 of 6154
    Quote Originally Posted by sethschmautz View Post
    I have no pictures but recently somebody has been removing the roots on some trails - completely chopping them out. The result has been that those trails have fewer bumps (bummer) and some have seen some significant erosion as a result.

There was one climb that was steep and challenging only whenever the root at the crux was wet. Now, less than 1 year later the trail went from flat and smooth to having eroded to the point where more roots and rocks are showing and it is no longer smooth and easy as was intended by the root chopper. Talk about your all time backfire. :-)

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    An associate put up sign at pig farms to quit that shit!
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    I tried to grind, scrape to no avail. Finally painted over some but he/she came back and painted again.
    What did you try for grinding? I was going to pick up a battery powered angle grinder and use a wire brush attachment I have. It took off the most stubborn deck paint, so I was hoping it would take off a bit of spray paint as well.

Forest circus just builds bridges over all the fun rooted sections around here.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    What did you try for grinding? I was going to pick up a battery powered angle grinder and use a wire brush attachment I have. It took off the most stubborn deck paint, so I was hoping it would take off a bit of spray paint as well.
    Angle grinders spin really fast - I'd be careful with a wire brush on one. Maybe try a wire wheel on a cordless drill - easier to control different speeds, which you can't do on an angle grinder.

Edit- reread your post, sounds like you already have the attachment suitable for angle grinder. Never mind...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Wire wheel on a cordless grinder will make short work of those idiots' graffiti and will be perfectly safe.

For extra fun you can try a Lancelot disc.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    An associate put up sign at pig farms to quit that shit!
    Good on 'em! The climb I'm referencing is at Herron, but that was driving me nuts at pig farms also! Same person I wonder?

This is the wire brush attachment. Wire wheel would probably work too but I'll try this first.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20211226_042426758.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	964.5 KB 
ID:	398197

That will be most effective. Don't press too hard or the wire strands will break and hit you in the dick/eye.

Quote Originally Posted by bonewrenched View Post
    That will be most effective. Don't press too hard or the wire strands will break and hit you in the dick/eye.
    This good advice. I once had to grind liner off a custom made ladder rack. The wire wheel worked the best - didn't gum up with the stuff like a flap wheel did - except when a wire would come loose and embed itself in my leg or arm. Safety glasses would be a good idea.

That was my point above. I've had wire strands come off when using a drill, at lower speeds than a grinder. Could get ugly on a grinder...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Once it happend with me. I've pressed to much and then broke wire strands. It was hurt.

DOG SHIT BAGS ON THE SIDE OF THE TRAIL! If you're close to the trailhead, bag that shit, but who the fuck bags shit in the middle of fucking nowhere and leaves it on the side of the trail? Just kick it into the fucking forest.

Well I took the angle grinder out there today and gave it a shot. It seemed to do little but polish the spray paint and throw a ton of sparks. I tried light pressure and more pressure, didn't make any difference. These are granite boulders so maybe the surface is too uneven. Pretty disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    DOG SHIT BAGS ON THE SIDE OF THE TRAIL! If you're close to the trailhead, bag that shit, but who the fuck bags shit in the middle of fucking nowhere and leaves it on the side of the trail? Just kick it into the fucking forest.
    I’m with you. If your not going to take it, don’t bag it!

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    A buddy of mine says where his dad lives, someone made up a bunch of custom survey flags that were black with white printing. It had a spin on the POW flags: Poops On Walks, We Will Always Forget. Outline of the turd emoji instead of a guy's head. I want to make a bunch of these for our park.

Some stoke
    Name:  EE65CC98-5B30-4744-BE4A-F3FBF15AE3F2.png
Views: 444
Size:  432.3 KB
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Well I took the angle grinder out there today and gave it a shot. It seemed to do little but polish the spray paint and throw a ton of sparks. I tried light pressure and more pressure, didn't make any difference. These are granite boulders so maybe the surface is too uneven. Pretty disappointed.
    Have you tried covering it with dog shit? Sounds like there’s plenty of that on the trails.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

I've thought of tossing dog shit on all the alternate and cheater lines around here. Fortunately/unfortunately there aren't very many hikers on this trail network though, so there is very little available dog shit.

Maybe I should hold off and drop my daily deuce in the middle of a cheater line each day. It would take some serious dedication to keep riding those lines (with or without removing the poo).

I've thought of tossing dog shit on all the alternate and cheater lines around here. Fortunately/unfortunately there aren't very many hikers on this trail network though, so there is very little available dog shit.

Maybe I should hold off and drop my daily deuce in the middle of a cheater line each day. It would take some serious dedication to keep riding those lines (with or without removing the poo).
    No poop needed. Just grab a bunch of dog poop bags, fill them with dirt, and you got yourself what everyone will think is dog poop.

^^^ Brilliant
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    No poop needed. Just grab a bunch of dog poop bags, fill them with dirt, and you got yourself what everyone will think is dog poop.
    OMG I so want to do this now.

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    OMG I so want to do this now.

Make them different color poop bags so it looks liked collected shit bags, and please add water to the bag so if someone does ride over one, it oozes/sprays mud.

That's some top notch ingenuity right there

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

1. SRAM 11 speed chains not being readily available.

2. Those that have them have crazy prices. Lowest level chain is $35? Wtf

Well holy fuck, I'm in my final days working at the E Bike shop so I'm picking up some spare tires, brake pads and maybe some other shit. So I decided to have a look at my account, in just under 3 years I've spent over $20,000 in the store. On the up side I'm pretty stocked up on bikes & consumables.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.