Page 125 of 247 FirstFirst ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 6154
    Hot and humid way more better than breathing hot smoke all summer. Fuck that noise
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Is the Peirod the part where they randomly pull to the bar?
    Yeah, I really like XT/XTR/Saint brakes when they're working right, but I've lost track of how many pairs I've been on with wandering bite point bullshit. They definitely don't "just work".

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    Boise foothills "Karens" wanting more signs telling them that their little rat dog might be in danger of being attacked by coyotes. We don't need more fucking signs for obvious risks to your dog or cat.
    As far as I'm concerned, the coyotes can eat all the dogs they want here, good riddance.

#coyotesnacks
    Next up, warning signs that someone saw a rattlesnake.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I have no idea how people live in places that regularly have weather like that.

I suppose that's why "Florida man" is a thing.
    The SE Asian bullshit sack melting summer weather is one of the main reasons I left the east coast. Fuck that shit.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Not a rant but a shitty day out on the trails. Pulled up to the trailhead and there were two firetrucks and an ambulance staged there. Never a good a good sign.

Ride by them and give them some respect and I'm on my way. Kind of bummed but hey it's time to ride. A few miles in I hear a vehicle coming up to me on some double track. I yield, seeing it's the injured being extracted. I thought I was looking at a corpse go by. Young woman with a deathly swollen pasty face and streams of dried blood running down her face from the top of her head laid out on the back in a make shift stretcher. The groaning noises she was making were just horrendous.

Sorry for the anti stoke. I have no idea what the circumstances were, but a timely reminder that freak accidents seem to be a reality in these sports.

Do your best to stay as safe as possible out there.

Go to the shop to buy a couple fork seals and am told We’re keeping all of those for our service team. Seriously, I shopped there way before covid, and I will never be back. Backcountry and eBay have everything I need. It’s like they’ve forgotten what they do and who they are in business for.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    This was at Perry Hill. But I think see what you're saying - there's a different vibe towards out of towners in Barre versus other towns.
    Perry Hill? That seems odd but I haven't ridden there in 3 or 4 years so not sure of the vibe, other than crowded and rooty. I had an uncle/aunt and 5 cousins that lived in Barre in the 70's, was rough back then but a better place than today.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

This is why I should never try to work on stuff late at night. Go to get stuff ready for an early morning ride. Find my front tire is flat with no obvious puncture, and sealant appears dry. Easy, it'll just take a minute to add some. Wrong! Checked valve by airing up, worked fine, so I screwed on the syringe and filled with sealant. Push plunger, and bam! Sealant everywhere. Pulling it all apart it turns out there was a blockage in the valve stem that would let air through but not sealant. Blew the hose off the syringe. Since the bead is now broken i pour sealant in the tire, pump up and clean up. Nothing ever goes right working on stuff late at night. Tubeless is definitely a love/hate thing.

Valve cores are a regular maintenance item around here now. Every winter, new cores in the tubeless wheels.

I keep bending my valve cores. Not the best system. Added a couple 4 packs of valve cores to my last chainreaction order. I think e13 is the current crank brother "cool idea , poor execution king" atm but i think its e13 that will have a new valve stem that screws apart half way up it so you can leave your valve core in the top half and insert sealant in the bottom ,bigger opening, half. Simple enough they shouldnt screw it up id think

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Straight pull spokes.
    Who da f#@k came up with these and why? Seriously why? What a fricken pain in the butt to replace.

Anyone use the unior spoke pliers to prevent spinning? Do they work better than normal pliers? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210612_183717.jpeg 
Views:	80 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	377018

I saw a set of MILkit valve cores online at one point. More expensive, but they were supposed to solve the issue of the valve core getting gunked up with sealant. This instance was the first time I've had a gob of it block the actual shaft of the valve core. Usually the sealant gunks up the removable core. Those MILkit valve cores had a seal at the bottom of the shaft which would prevent sealant from entering. They did a decent job of that. To add sealant you needed a proprietary syringe that would poke through that seal. According to MILkit you could add sealant without deflating the tire. And you could also use the syringe to check sealant levels or remove and re-use sealant. In practice none of that worked. Well, if you tried to add sealant while the tire still had pressure the plunger would get shot out of the syringe and all over the floor. You also couldn't add sealant mid ride without either breaking the bead or carrying that stupid proprietary syringe.

Not sure how that E13 valve stem unscrewing in half would solve anything. Removing the entire core usually is plenty of space to inject more sealant, and its easy to poke any material blocking it back into the tire cavity. And sealant would still be able to get into the valve core. I'm with jackattack. Regular maintenance on them and I replace them with new cores every year or so. In this case its a fairly new bike. Shouldn't have plugged up this quick.
    Last edited by evdog; 06-12-2021 at 08:48 PM.

Anti-Rant.

The shop I last took bike to decided to fuck with my dropper without me asking and chopped off some of the housing, so when I turn the bars left, it pulls on the dropper cable and my seat pops up ($@#%*!!!).

So tonight I got drunk and decided to replace the internally routed housing. Somehow I threaded the needle the very first try, it popped right out the frame hole without any issues. I could have easily seen this being an all-night project trying to get the fucker though the frame correctly.

Name:  CD59D60F-BDEB-4966-B032-5F2639A1411A.jpeg
Views: 801
Size:  42.2 KB

Glad you got it!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Fucking e-bikers. Thought this was funny:

Name:  MTBers.JPG
Views: 731
Size:  83.5 KB

Rode Johnson Canyon yesterday. Its a well built trail on the west side of the Bridgers and north of Bozeman. The road to the trail head is kind of rugged but not terrible and it is private land until you get to the trail head and is well marked as such. We finish our ride and are driving back out when we encounter a big berm of dirt going down the middle of the road. Holy shit! Someone ponied up to grade the road. Its a slow drive out what with all the material stacked in the center of the road but eventually we caught up with the grader. No way around him so we sit back and watch him re-cut the road. Guy was taking a freakin beating in the cab from all the big cobble in the road. As we get to the bottom there are 2 different sprinter vans (1 has Cali plates) parked illegally at the entrance right next to the Private Property/No Parking signs and blocking the grader from finishing his work. I am hoping the grader operator stacked enough material around those vans that they needed a tow truck to get loose.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Reverse rant: the LBS in town is not a friendly place. They'll patronize and mansplain you regardless of how you approach the visit. Then they'll forget to work on your bike and overcharge you when they eventually get to it. (Note I have worked in bike shops as a vacation rental bitch, a salesperson, and a mechanic, so this isn't just an entitled customer expecting the world to revolve around me - I fully empathize with their headaches). So I try not to go there ever.

But the other day after a saga of a puncture, lost bacon strips, and an old shitty tube on the rockiest trail around I ended up with a couple blown spokes. Due to not having access to a truing stand I brought it to them for a repair. I asked them to fix the spokes and just leave everything else off the wheel so I could patch the tire and re-seal it tubeless. To my surprise they called me in under 24 hrs saying it was fixed (after being quoted 2-3 days), so I go to pick it up and they'd given me a new valve stem, patched the tire, and re-sealed everything with new sealant unsolicited which allowed me to go ride. So sometimes even the places you've written off can pleasantly surprise you
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    I keep bending my valve cores. Not the best system. Added a couple 4 packs of valve cores to my last chainreaction order. I think e13 is the current crank brother "cool idea , poor execution king" atm but i think its e13 that will have a new valve stem that screws apart half way up it so you can leave your valve core in the top half and insert sealant in the bottom ,bigger opening, half. Simple enough they shouldnt screw it up id think

I would buy 10 pairs of these today if it existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    I would buy 10 pairs of these today if it existed.
    Maybe its possible to combine them with the peaty's spoke wrench valve cap on one and the cushcore valve stem tool top cap on the other

I've seen the valve stems that are modular... I'm pretty sure.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Spring in my DH fork started rattling like a motherfucker last weekend. Well, hopefully that’s what it is. Crawl inside tomorrow and investigate.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

^^condom around the spring worn out? If you replace it take a look at "race only springs". They have progressive coils for forks. Pm them on instagram. Theyre nice to deal with, great product and theyll answer any questions
    Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Fucking e-bikers. Thought this was funny:

Name:  MTBers.JPG
Views: 731
Size:  83.5 KB
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1622523905050.jpeg 
Views:	94 
Size:	137.4 KB 
ID:	377891

What possesses a person with headphones on to hike the wrong way up a bike only trail?

Hundreds of miles of hiking trails around here and you choose a directional bike trail. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Spring in my DH fork started rattling like a motherfucker last weekend. Well, hopefully that’s what it is. Crawl inside tomorrow and investigate.

Pulled spring. Condom intact. Cycling fork and I get a clicking sound. Probably damper side. Faaaaak. Rant continues.

However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    What possesses a person with headphones on to hike the wrong way up a bike only trail?

Hundreds of miles of hiking trails around here and you choose a directional bike trail. Why?

Entitlement