Page 195 of 247 FirstFirst ... 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 ... LastLast
Results 4,851 to 4,875 of 6158
    Canadian Death air
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    The real kicker is that for once, it wasn’t me ripping around like an idiot.
    I was climbing uphill at .1 MPH.
    A tweener barreling downhill (blind corner) didn’t know how to use her brakes, and basically made me jump off my bike, and hug a tree, as it was really steep on the downhill side.
    I wasn’t really mad at her though, someone didn’t teach her how to ride, from what I could glean.
    I’m sure it was karma from those KOM attempts down Ferrin’s.
    Oh jeez buddy. Tough year. You need anything?

Sent from my SM-A536U using Tapatalk

Damn Rideit sorry to hear, that's tough.

Hang in there.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Yeah. The worst is the dog walkers. A little while back I came off a blind drop only to see a lululemon clad 20-something scampering out of the landing with her decent sized dog completely unaware of his impending doom. By some combination of dumb luck and mid-air contortions, I missed the dog (and the lady). Apparently the multiple signs telling people to not walk up the trail just aren't convincing enough.
    The kicker is that she probably went home and posted on FB about the crazy asshole cyclist that almost killed her and FeeFee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

Lol, when I posted this last night (not feeling much pain) I forgot how many of you we know personally…
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Well kids, happy to report one thing got way better, and it's the most fun one...(I felt like you all needed an update)

I picked up some Hayes Dominion A4's for the big bike because they were on a decent sale and my 5 year old codes were feeling increasingly unspectacular.

The dominions are great, but Hayes (and shimano) and their stupid 203mm rotors can fuck right off. Hayes offers 160, 180, 203, and 220 mm rotors. One of these is not like the others.

And my frame has 200mm post mounts. So instead of just bolting up the calipers nice and clean, I have to put a couple of shitty little washers in there. And for the 180mm post mount up front, I can't use the one of the 20mm adaptors that I have like a million of lying around my garage. I have to go buy a stupid 23mm adaptor to work with these stupid 203mm rotors.

This^ gave me a good laugh. Haha

Well kids, happy to report one thing got way better, and it's the most fun one...(I felt like you all needed an update)
    Furious masturbation?

DINGDINGDING

Fornication with broken ribs? Oof. Your pain tolerance is commendable. Congrats and good luck with other life challenges.

My pain tolerance is so insane, I rode an addition two hours dragging an ebike over 50 blowdowns and such after I broke them.
    The day after I broke them, I repaired a gutter, rearranged the storage area including hanging 11 bikes, did the mowing, etc. I was actually in denial, TBH.
    I didn’t go to a doctor for a week and a half, after did an hour and a half strength training/weight lifting session. I believe I broke one or two again on the rower. When I asked for some pain meds, the urgent care doctor said I was the first one all day that actually needed them.

Two years ago I had three broken ribs while I had COVID, and didn’t tell my wife until I had to, as she is sick of this.

This trail is closing in on 10yrs old. It's tight techy at Fort Rock called X. Wtf

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    This trail is closing in on 10yrs old. It's tight techy at Fort Rock called X. Wtf
    Public shaming is on order
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Rebuild it with foam and paint. Seriously. With a mild shaming sign.
    Check out my suggestions in here.

https://www.mtbr.com/threads/tamaran...#post-15963675

why not?

trails are constructs made for bikes. Bikes have changed. I swear the only people who want narrow gaps are riding 700mm bar so they can keep justifying their 700mm bars.

I have never got off trail where I had to have to do wheelie X cross ups and weird wiggle waggles and been like wow I really love those features. I think this again begs the question do even trail builds have the ultimate say on how a trail should be? Clearly you built this, and you think everyone should subscribe to your Idea of "fun" or "good trail" when honestly the majority of people even really good rider like narrow spots on modern bike it just kind of stupid.

How wide are you bars?

I hate it when I kinda agree with bushwhacka. I don't get the attraction to trails that purposefully route through a bunch of barely bar-width tree pinches. To each their own though.

That modification is shitty though. It just kills 2 trees unnecessarily.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I hate it when I kinda agree with bushwhacka. I don't get the attraction to trails that purposefully route through a bunch of barely bar-width tree pinches. To each their own though.

That modification is shitty though. It just kills 2 trees unnecessarily.
    would be better to just fully cut down one of them or re route trail.

My local (CFN for vermonters) basically rerouted all the tight spots like this could be rerouted. The OG line is still there for people who want it but almost no one ride the OG line.

and I want to be clear, its entire ok to "like" this. It just weird to insist other people should like it as well. I personally dont even want "easier" trails, I just would rather have fun challenge over annoying challenge.

Sure, but you really shouldn’t cut into live trees to do it. There was one of those here that was maybe 900mm, which would have been fun on a crazy slow, tight East coast section, but didn’t work out here, so they rerouted the trail.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    would be better to just fully cut down one of them or re route trail.

My local (CFN for vermonters) basically rerouted all the tight spots like this could be rerouted. The OG line is still there for people who want it but almost no one ride the OG line.

and I want to be clear, its entire ok to "like" this. It just weird to insist other people should like it as well. I personally dont even want "easier" trails, I just would rather have fun challenge over annoying challenge.
    Agreed with all of that.

Same thing has been happening over the years with some of our local trails. Tight pinches have gradually developed bypasses. No one takes the original line anymore. I certainly don't.

Rocks and roots are fun. Awkward pinches are not.

But I'm also not about to go carve weird chunks out of a couple of trees on a trail I didn't build. That's still lame.

So, not to get into botany too much but those are soon to be dead trees. Otherwise looks fun

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

why not?

trails are constructs made for bikes. Bikes have changed. I swear the only people who want narrow gaps are riding 700mm bar so they can keep justifying their 700mm bars.

I have never got off trail where I had to have to do wheelie X cross ups and weird wiggle waggles and been like wow I really love those features. I think this again begs the question do even trail builds have the ultimate say on how a trail should be? Clearly you built this, and you think everyone should subscribe to your Idea of "fun" or "good trail" when honestly the majority of people even really good rider like narrow spots on modern bike it just kind of stupid.

How wide are you bars?
    You're a tool. I did not build this trail. If you don't know how to navigate thru tight trees with wide bars at speed, then sell your bike because you suck at riding.

Both these trees are dead now. He should have just cut one down, now they're both coming down.

If you don't know how to navigate thru tight trees with wide bars at speed, then sell your bike because you suck at riding.
    Yeaaaaah, I don't think so.
    I've been biking tech trails for over 30 years now.
    I've raced XC, Endurance, DH, and Enduro for years. Not bragging, just saying I really don't suck at riding.
    I also have twice known the fun of clipping a bar on too-tight trees at speed and the resultant yard sale that followed.
    The second time, I had to be talked out of "fixing" those trees with my 3/4T Power Wagon and a chain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

You're a tool. I did not build this trail. If you don't know how to navigate thru tight trees with wide bars at speed, then sell your bike because you suck at riding.

Both these trees are dead now. He should have just cut one down, now they're both coming down.
    yeha I know how to do X up wheelies.

https://youtu.be/PpmRKjHNBTc?t=283

How wide are your bars?

yeha I know how to do X up wheelies.

https://youtu.be/PpmRKjHNBTc?t=283

?
    I’ll bet you $10,000 you can’t do it with your post down!