Page 61 of 241 FirstFirst ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 6022
    @beece, if it helps, I did a similar number on my knee last Summer. JRA on a flat, dirt road when my hand slipped off the bar and I did a pile driver into the dirt.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

It's always the mild stuff where things go the most wrong, at least in my experience. Lat summer I blew my hand up when I missed a landing on a green trail at Mt Snow and bounced off into a culvert.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    People get really annoyed when they are left on the ground, maybe they are trying to be nice and not do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by fullStack View Post
    Doggy bags kinda suck but at least they're visible and the turds are mostly contained.
    Nothing's worse than blowing through someone's corgi-poo dumplings after their wilderness shitting experience and having it fly up into your face.
    These aren't parks with crews that clean up. They're forest or roadside turnouts. I guess the trash gnomes should just know that there's shit bags everywhere

For the sake of efficiently moving forward in this thread, I hereby propose a new system to allow for people to briefly chime in and remind us of their stance, without the need for a repeated lengthy narrative.

D = I lean toward Downhilling

C = I lean toward Climbing

+1 = I’m polite

-1 = Fuck anyone who’s against me

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    For the sake of efficiently moving forward in this thread, I hereby propose a new system to allow for people to briefly chime in and remind us of their stance, without the need for a repeated lengthy narrative.

D = I lean toward Downhilling

C = I lean toward Climbing

+1 = I’m polite

-1 = Fuck anyone who’s against me

So like D+1?

I volied for an enduro race ended up doing sweep to check for breakdowns/bodies/remove flagging tape, at some point i was like ok who is going to sweep for the sweep ?

I had forgot my knee pads & gloves, was leaking (mildly) from both legs and one hand,

do you ever wonder if back in the day buddy the medieval knight didn't bother wearing the armor cuz he was just running down to the corner for a pack of smokes ?

now i try even harder to not forget my pertection
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Good point.

PP = Pro Pup
    AP = Anti Pup
    HTTP = Holier Than Though and compelled to tell others how to be a dog percent

But, it’ll need to be clear that ripple are reporting their stance on other people’s dogs. Nobody gives a shit how awesome someone thinks they are as a dog parent.

D+1 PP leaning toward HTTP

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    HTTP = Holier Than Though and compelled to tell others how to be a dog percent
    both of my dogs are 100%

...I think.

Nothing's worse than blowing through someone's corgi-poo dumplings after their wilderness shitting experience and having it fly up into your face.
    Not my proudest moment but I had to take a break from some extended family on Christmas day a few years ago, went for a quick fatbike ride at a local trail network that is multi use..

Got dog shit sprayed up onto my face and in my mouth and eyes. Barfed a bunch, used all my water cleaning up, frantically called anyone I knew with any formal medical training asking if I should go directly to the hospital (everyone said nbd), went home, showered and brushed my teeth for about six hours, then lied down and curled up in the fetal position expecting I was about to basically basically erupt from one or both ends, nothing happened.

I probably have heart worms now.

Doggy bags kinda suck but at least they're visible and the turds are mostly contained.
    Not even close to the same as cow shit splatter.

PP C, +1 till someone runs me off the trail.

I am anti-pedal-clipper rocks that hide in the overgrown underbrush this time of year.
    Can I get a Kumbaya?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    Not even close to the same as cow shit splatter.
    I did the laramie enduro a few yrs ago after a lot of rain and several miles of the race go through pasture. needless to say I was mud spackled by the end.

wasn’t feel well later that evening, but figured it was just bc of racing 70+ miles. By the next day I couldn’t eat anything without being in the fetal position within a few minutes so I went to urgent care and turns out it was a stomach infection most likely from getting face splattered with cow patties during the race (or also potentially from getting on my water bottle during the race and then drinking from that)

But I’d probably have to say dog shit mentally would be worse for me than cows since it’s used as fertilizer on crops etc.

all pretty disgusting though
    skid luxury

My dogs never shit on the trail. They're so smart.

I believe I know people who have trained their dogs not to shit on the trail by aiming for them any time they stop on the trail. Cruel but effective.

DC ++1/-1 PP (this needs an owner rating strategy)

I hang my dogs turds in trees, so that's TT (tree turd). People who leave dog turds on ground are GT (ground turd).

PP, TT, D+C

Any brand of shit on the trail is the reason I quit using a downtube water bottle. It's a literal turd catcher.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Has anyone ranted yet about fucking DH morons that you yield for and they *still* go off trail into the weeds to pass you? That's irritating as SHIT.
    Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Wait. You are annoyed? Because someone, who you already pulled over for, went to move over further (to accomandate you even more)....
    Ha, was going to rant about this but forgot. Pulled off the trail last weekend to let two approaching riders pass and rather than ride on the trail they blazed past through the grass on the other side. Yeah, its annoying because our trails are very prone to erosion and widening from going off trail, so stay on the trail dammit!

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Now I'm fucking sidelined with stitches on the front of my knee. I've got tons of stuff scheduled over the next couple weeks that I'm going to miss. Knee's all swollen and even if it wasn't I can't bend it enough to bike or run without popping the stitches. Fucking trail is probably the least technical trail I've ridden in years, and somehow I do this shit.
    Same thing happened to me 10 yrs ago. Riding down a narrow trail on steep side slope my front wheel rode up the slope slightly and then washed out. The entire side slope was dirt except for a single embedded cobble. Guess what my knee slammed into, splitting it wide open just below the knee cap - worst possible spot. Had to wear a full leg immobilizer for 10 days and stitches were in for 5 weeks. For what should have been a trivial wipeout this kept me off the bike longer than any other injury including 2 ACLs and various broken bones.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I am anti-pedal-clipper rocks that hide in the overgrown underbrush this time of year.
    Can I get a Kumbaya?
    Those things can be lethal.

I am Pro-Pup and anti-Poop. Got an indicator for that?

Getting so dehydrated you need to call S&R while riding in the bridgers...better then calling because you forgot a raincoat I guess? .....

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    I am Pro-Pup and anti-Poop. Got an indicator for that?
    +2 Constipatadog
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Pro dog but anti-poop means anti-shitty human, so -1 PP HTTP

Or +2 -1 for letting their dog get constipated.

Gonna throw this out there without much hope for sympathy, but here it goes...

Was riding the Kingsbury Stinger (Tahoe) connecting to Genoa Peak OHV road on Sunday to make a nice round trip to Genoa Peak and back down on my e-Bike. Keep in mind this is ALL e-bike legal. Genoa Peak Road is full of UHV's and motos ripping past, which is not that pleasant. Along comes a couple of mountain bikers going uphill on Genoa Peak road, so I stop to say hi and ask where they are going. The first guy starts to say something and then stops and says "oh, you're on one of THOSE" and then pedals away without another word. His buddy stops to chat a bit, maybe to make up for his friend's douch-ery.

So my rant is that this guy finds my riding a silent, slow e-bike to be more objectionable than the guys on motos, in Jeeps, and UHV's ripping by kicking up dust. I'm riding my e-bike legally and he makes me feel like I'm not worth talking to. Lame.

I have to say that I run into this a lot in Tahoe -- much more so than riding in the Bay Area. Not sure what it is. It's ironic because I see non-powered MTB's riding illegal trails regularly when I'm hiking and I don't feel the need to shit on them. I helped some guy up on Freel Peak on Saturday take some pics of himself on his bike. I just wish people were nicer I guess, but that's not the world we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Can I get a Kumbaya?
    Here in vermont they literally put those in purpose....

Spears...motherfuckin' spears. I understand when peeps can't move a fallen log across the trail, I do my best to get fallen trees completely off the trail and without a saw can usually roll it off. But leaving spears sticking into the trail...there's no excuse. They almost always seem to be old fallen tree tops or broken branches sticking into the trail towards the direction of the oncoming rider. Move the thing aside if you see one or break of the offending branches, easy.

Yes, I ran into one today, fortunately not too badly as it scratched up my arm but it was in a fast section after a blind corner with a natural wall ride and I can see on Strava multiple peeps had been down the trail already before me, took me all of 10 seconds to break of the offender and continue on...FUCK THEM!!!