Page 236 of 247 FirstFirst ... 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... LastLast
Results 5,876 to 5,900 of 6167
    well unless you specifyed you got what you got, either way you paid for whatever they instaled,

I have injected thru the valve core also just pried up the beed to pore it in with a measuring cup and either works
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Couple years ago was trying unsuccessfully to seal my tubeless tires so had to pay a shop to do it. Just seeing now they used non serviceable valves on them. That can't be the norm, correct?!
    It's certainly not the norm. Thinking about it, I'm not sure I've ever actually seen a non-removable core on a tubeless valve. You sure there's not a tube in there?

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    It's certainly not the norm. Thinking about it, I'm not sure I've ever actually seen a non-removable core on a tubeless valve. You sure there's not a tube in there?
    Split tube, maybe, like back in the days of ghetto tubeless on non-tubeless rims?

I'm pretty sure i have seen stems with non-removable cores

edit : I found some stems with non-removable cores in the shed, I think they came on a bike with a set of 819 rims almost 20 yrs ago
    Last edited by XXX-er; 02-22-2024 at 05:00 PM.

100% sure.

I wonder if they taped over a section of tube to get a seal on a damaged rim. I just tried to find a non removable core on stem and I can’t find them on the web. But I’m old and all that.

most of the stem is NOT threaded on the stems I have with non-removable cores and those came on a 2004

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

edit : I found some stems with non-removable cores in the shed, I think they came on a bike with a set of 819 rims almost 20 yrs ago
    You mean TUBELESS stems?

FWIW, Santa Cruz Reserve stems do not have a core to remove.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

819’s were true UST rims in a time where there weren’t a ton of UST tire choices. Removable valve cores were not important with this tubeless system as it did not require sealant.

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    819’s were true UST rims in a time where there weren’t a ton of UST tire choices. Removable valve cores were not important with this tubeless system as it did not require sealant.
    I just assumed we were still talking about tubeless stems but yeah it was a 2004 Cannondale with 819 rims, delivered with no tubes, it came with maxxis tires they held air and i don't remember any sealant but I did eventualy run sealant when i went to Nevegals which were fast and pourous

The trend to steep seat tube angles is stupid. Or at least the way people talk about it is stupid.

1. The measurement process is sloppy at best. “Effective seat tube” is always deeply appropriate. We could measure or report 75 degrees at 78cm saddle height. 74.5 degrees at 80cm saddle height… also it’s not about where the clamp of the seatpost lives it’s about where you sit on the bike. It would be easy to actually measure “cm from bottom bracket back to sit bone contact point on paddle”… but we don’t do that.

2. People don’t understand their bike fit… saddles can make a 2-3 cm difference in how a rider sits on a bike. Compare something like a specialized Power to a WTB saddle and the specialized will give you 2-3 degrees steeper effective seat tube angle. Old bike + new saddle = steep seat tube.

3. Steeper isn’t always better. It’s better for steep climbs. Worse for pedaling on flats. Worse for pedaling down.

4. People just put their saddles at arbitrary places on the rails… somewhere these is someone riding a bike that they swear climbs much better than their old one because it’s got a steep seat tube angle… and they’ve got their saddle rammed back all the way on the rails.

5. Femurs are different lengths for different riders. This makes a massive difference in how people pedal and move on a bike. There isn’t a one size fits all.

Bike fit has just been reduced to Bro Science and it’s annoying. That being said, I’m glad we’re not riding 73 degree seat tubes anymore.

watch out for snakes

Shimano's tubeless valves don't have a removable core.

As long as we are waxing historical, I remember that some of the mavic valves didn’t have threads on the shaft, which made some pumps not work very well.

A few years a go, I stumbled on my old set of the original tubeless stems, hand cut from a tube by some guy named Stan.
    Yes, they had removable cores.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

I commute to the city most days. There is a new phenomenon on snow days post COVID. It’s the I’m going in the middle lane at 25 mph person. When the semis on the right are passing you, you need to move over. In a white out like his morning, it just isn’t safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    I commute to the city most days. There is a new phenomenon on snow days post COVID. It’s the I’m going in the middle lane at 25 mph person. When the semis on the right are passing you, you need to move over. In a white out like his morning, it just isn’t safe.
    Let me guess, driving a Prius/Leaf/Hyundai?

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    Let me guess, driving a Prius/Leaf/Hyundai?
    the irony is that I’m the guy in the Prius flipping them off for making him slow down

WTF is this schizz. New fancy Sram Code brakes mounted to a Sram fork with Sram rotors, no adaptors, totally off. They had no power and sung like a cat any time I used them. Waste of money, and even worse I have to bleed the new ones to replace these. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240226_205935.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	805.0 KB 
ID:	488413
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Finishing up a ride the other night in a City open space park I come around a corner and come face to face with a Honda 110 or 150 sized dirt bike on the trail. Guy just goes off trail around me and continues on.

Get back to the trailhead 15 min later and there's a car parked right there in the lot with an empty moto rack on it.

Takes some balls or lack of brain cells to stage right from the trailhead parking lot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20240301_032048606.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	594.8 KB 
ID:	489176

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    WTF is this schizz. New fancy Sram Code brakes mounted to a Sram fork with Sram rotors, no adaptors, totally off. They had no power and sung like a cat any time I used them. Waste of money, and even worse I have to bleed the new ones to replace these. Click image for larger version. 

Something about your bedding in process, installation, etc is off for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    Something about your bedding in process, installation, etc is off for sure.
    Extra washer / spacer on your mounting bracket?

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post

Looks about 10mm off. Any chance that's a 160 rotor with 180 mounting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Finishing up a ride the other night in a City open space park I come around a corner and come face to face with a Honda 110 or 150 sized dirt bike on the trail. Guy just goes off trail around me and continues on.

Get back to the trailhead 15 min later and there's a car parked right there in the lot with an empty moto rack on it.

Takes some balls or lack of brain cells to stage right from the trailhead parking lot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20240301_032048606.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	594.8 KB 
ID:	489176
    Did you have a schraeder core tool, by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Extra washer / spacer on your mounting bracket?
    That's my guess. Conical washers under the caliper?