Page 247 of 247 FirstFirst ... 242 243 244 245 246 247
Results 6,151 to 6,171 of 6171
    Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Fucking equestrians. The tread is thoroughly fucked on a couple miles of trail from a few of them riding in the mud. They did it during the seasonal wildlife closure too.
    Isn't the horse considered wildlife, so it's not really closed to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Isn't the horse considered wildlife, so it's not really closed to them?
    That's exactly what they would probably say.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    My truck got keyed at the trailhead Friday. Anti-semitic slur with a poorly done swastika (I'm not Jewish fwiw). Only car out of 10+ at the lot that got hit and I was only there for an hour. I'm still pissed.
    My sister had this happen in very similar fashion. Do to the wonders of modern cameras everywhere, they caught the culprit. It was a mentally challenged 11 year old girl. The poor kid had no clue, and the poor parents paid the damages. She to is not Jewish. I’m sorry this happened to you . We have a mental illness issue in this country. Who the heck starts or ends there hike or ride with that kind of anger? I was able to mitigate the damage to her older car with some buffing compound from the auto parts store.

Wasn’t happy that my new road bike didn’t come with tubeless valves. Just went to install the ones I bought and found out that the bike came with Aerothan tubes, so at least I have some light spares to carry now.

Correction: one Aerothan tube. Weird.

Looking for a new frame for my kid and found something that might work on PB. Photos show the frame with a shock. The ad goes out of its way to mention that it includes aftermarket and stock linkages, ride wrap, etc., but says *nothing* about whether the price includes the shock and the price is pretty low. So, I ask, which seemed like a reasonable thing to do. 3 days later I get this response:

"What you see is what you get. Bunch of time toilets here."

GLWS, buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Looking for a new frame for my kid and found something that might work on PB. Photos show the frame with a shock. The ad goes out of its way to mention that it includes aftermarket and stock linkages, ride wrap, etc., but says *nothing* about whether the price includes the shock and the price is pretty low. So, I ask, which seemed like a reasonable thing to do. 3 days later I get this response:

"What you see is what you get. Bunch of time toilets here."

GLWS, buddy.
    What an ass-hat. And a brilliant one at that because, after all, it's such a great market to sell a bike frame now, isn't it?
    A year from now that frame will still be for sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

I have heard that is par for the course from people trying to buy or sell things on the pinkbike ... it sucks
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Roxtar View Post
    A year from now that frame will still be for sale.
    Count on it. It's a 2019 that is more clapped out than I would normally even consider. The price was right for something for a teenager to beat on for a season or two, but FTG.

Anyone want to ask the guy some more questions?

https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/3790491/

OK, Fox, what the fuck is up with the unsecured square nut for the fork axle ‘clamp’?

Ironically, the last Fox I had, I put a little dab of epoxy on it, because it seemed like a mishap waiting to happen.
    Yesterday the bolt came loose on Bobsled, and I lost the bolt and the specific square nut.
    Not a big deal, but I just knew this was likely. (Possibly my undertorque or whatever, but still.)
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Count on it. It's a 2019 that is more clapped out than I would normally even consider. The price was right for something for a teenager to beat on for a season or two, but FTG.

Anyone want to ask the guy some more questions?

https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/3790491/
    Small man, big mouth.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Looking forward to an explanation of the purpose of the extra bolt! The fork manual says to weight the fork after the axle is tightened then to tighten that… the amount of times I’ve secured the axle in the stand than got distracted by something else before finishing that process is an embarrassingly high number.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    OK, Fox, what the fuck is up with the unsecured square nut for the fork axle ‘clamp’?

Ironically, the last Fox I had, I put a little dab of epoxy on it, because it seemed like a mishap waiting to happen.
    Yesterday the bolt came loose on Bobsled, and I lost the bolt and the specific square nut.
    Not a big deal, but I just knew this was likely. (Possibly my undertorque or whatever, but still.)

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer123 View Post
    Looking forward to an explanation of the purpose of the extra bolt! The fork manual says to weight the fork after the axle is tightened then to tighten that… the amount of times I’ve secured the axle in the stand than got distracted by something else before finishing that process is an embarrassingly high number.
    I always crank that fucker down on the stand. Oops?

That fucking bunny looks almost the same as the turtle.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer123 View Post
    It allows the fork leg to be aligned separately from the hub. So you tighten the wheel into the fork with the axle, but if the hub is slightly wide or slightly narrow, the fork leg has to flex in or out a little bit to match the hub width, which would cause some binding in the fork's movement. The extra pinch bolt allows the fork leg to be aligned independent of the hub width. Pushing on the fork a bit before you tighten that bolt just helps make sure everything's lined up.

Thank you! After years of rock shox it is taking me time to adjust, glad it at least has a purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    It allows the fork leg to be aligned separately from the hub. So you tighten the wheel into the fork with the axle, but if the hub is slightly wide or slightly narrow, the fork leg has to flex in or out a little bit to match the hub width, which would cause some binding in the fork's movement. The extra pinch bolt allows the fork leg to be aligned independent of the hub width. Pushing on the fork a bit before you tighten that bolt just helps make sure everything's lined up.

I will attest that riding it on a very aggressive DH definitely added some scary squirelliness, but I couldn’t quite define what was off until I loaded the bike up, and then it made sense. It was like having a really loose ball and cone front hub.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post

Very similar concept to triple cosmo alignment on moto. Here is what i do fwiw, might not be correct, compress the fork about 3/4 travel then tighten bolt. I think it helps to let some air pressure out to slow for less brute force interference. Go ride. Don't check again unless crash or change hub. On a moto I use a Motion Pro tool that compares the distance between the lowers at the lower clamp and near the hub.

Just as important is to get the stanchion tube alignment checked even on new forks. If the stanchions are misaligned, none of this helps much.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Anyone have anything they'd like to rant about?

What the fuck is up with Oneup dropper posts? Got a new bike at the end of last year and on the second ride couldn’t get the post to stay up. Take it back to the shop and they can’t resolve the issue so they replace it w a new one and deal with it to warranty. Don’t ride much over the winter and now w about 3 rides on the bike the replacement post continues to drop a half inch to 3 inches just about every time I sit down at full extension. Anyone know any tricks to resolve this?

Everyone complains that reverbs are horrible for reliability but never had an issue in the 5 years I had one on my previous bike…

Weird, I've never had that issue with (V2) OneUp droppers, and I've had 30 bikes with them over the last two years.

The main problem I have with them is they're slow to come back up, or they're super sticky. It's a simple fix with either more air pressure or a little Slickoleum on the bottom of the stanchion, but it's a PITA otherwise. It sucks that so many bike companies stock them as OEM, as they're really not that great a post. Give me a BikeYoke Revive every time.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Yup.
    It's actually a really nice design that I wish all forks had.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxtar View Post
    Yup.
    It's actually a really nice design that I wish all forks had.
    seen it on dirt bikes, let the fork sliders & wheel find their happy place
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know