Page 157 of 247 FirstFirst ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 6153
    The reset is addressing a problem that’s specific to the Revive, IME. I’ve never had to service or send in another post because it needed to be bled.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    The reset is addressing a problem that’s specific to the Revive, IME. I’ve never had to service or send in another post because it needed to be bled.
    Same.

[Except the reverb]

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    You've never had a reverb? Seriously, I needed to bleed or rebuild that POS constantly!!

Bagtagley has also obviously never had a Crank Bros dropper. Those things make Reverbs look as reliable as a hammer.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Bagtagley has also obviously never had a Crank Bros dropper. Those things make Reverbs look as reliable as a hammer.
    Yeah, those things were terrible. But most droppers from ~10 years ago were pretty bad.

Of the modern droppers, Revives are the only ones I've owned that go soft. Reverbs probably do too, but I've avoided those things for a while now.

Rant against myself, also could easily go in ask the idiots thread.

Did a trial run of lighting up my pumptrack, but forgot to move a big rock I had been using to hold down some tarps. Not too hard to foreshadow the next part, but after a bunch of fun tried an alternate line w little light and hit big rock bead on. Landed on a roller in quite a surprise.

Main lines were pretty well lit, but still need more lighting to make night laps safe, also time to move big ass rock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just replaced the transfer sl on my hei hei with a divine sl, transfer going on new hardtail. Nice to have a dropper that works like a normal dropper- the transfer only goes all the way up or down. The divine goes wherever you want, has 25mm more travel, operates a little more smoothly. Transfer had lighter action and snaps up real quick, i suppose because it's just a spring in there.

But anyway I was in kind of a hurry at the end of the day and was fighting with the housing a bit, it got stuck in the frame and then I yanked my "puller" piece of housing off it and then had to fish it out of the little hole in the frame and that was super annoying. Then I broke one of the ti mounting bolts. Turns out it was a little bit jammed up against the lower part of the clamp because I'm right at the edge of the alignment range. STA of the actual seat tube is pretty slack which doesn't help. Thankfully the bolts from the transfer are close enough to work.
    Last edited by jamal; 09-01-2022 at 11:12 PM.

Bike shop I bought my first FS MTB from advertises “free tuneups for life!”
    Of course that marketing is all over their website and social media but it doesn’t say what that includes. So I call and ask what’s in the free tuneup and am told:

“We take it fully apart, throw everything in the parts washer and reassemble. Check all the suspension bearings and headset/BB, true the wheels, the whole shebang”

I drop the bike off and ask them to do a couple things to parts they’ll have off anyway since they take it all apart and am told the free tuneup isn’t a disassembly, it’s just a minor wheel true and a drivetrain adjust. If I want them to do all the stuff they said was free on the phone it’s $200.

I always try to get a name when I call with questions like that, but it doesn’t always happen.

But yeah, ain’t no shop doing that with a free follow up tune.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Hey, thanks for the trail work guys and gals, but please give a heads up when you alter the trail! Couple years ago, on a trail I've ridden many dozens of times, a jump built up on a boulder was removed, while the boulder remained. Guess who was riding top speed in the shadows and slammed the boulder head on, destroying his fork stanchions in the process? Fast forward to today, same area, come hightailing around a bend in the trail, and holy fuck! the trail is over there now and it's loose AF! Save of the summer there. Maybe make it a trail building standard to throw up some orange flagging in the section before any changes on the trail?
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    Hey, thanks for the trail work guys and gals, but please give a heads up when you alter the trail! Couple years ago, on a trail I've ridden many dozens of times, a jump built up on a boulder was removed, while the boulder remained. Guess who was riding top speed in the shadows and slammed the boulder head on, destroying his fork stanchions in the process? Fast forward to today, same area, come hightailing around a bend in the trail, and holy fuck! the trail is over there now and it's loose AF! Save of the summer there. Maybe make it a trail building standard to throw up some orange flagging in the section before any changes on the trail?
    Sorry, I’m lost on this one. Riding double OC then blaming the trail builder for changes and wanting a warning??

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

My rant is peeps bashing on the Reverb. While the models in the past may not have the best track record and given the Reverb it's bad name, the latest gen has been super reliable and IMO one of the smoothest operating posts. I too have gone to the BikeYoke 185 on my latest build due to all the reviews putting it at number one, and honestly I miss the more linear/consistent feel of the hydraulic lever.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Bike shop I bought my first FS MTB from advertises “free tuneups for life!”
    Of course that marketing is all over their website and social media but it doesn’t say what that includes. So I call and ask what’s in the free tuneup and am told:

“We take it fully apart, throw everything in the parts washer and reassemble. Check all the suspension bearings and headset/BB, true the wheels, the whole shebang”

I drop the bike off and ask them to do a couple things to parts they’ll have off anyway since they take it all apart and am told the free tuneup isn’t a disassembly, it’s just a minor wheel true and a drivetrain adjust. If I want them to do all the stuff they said was free on the phone it’s $200.
    That sounds a lot like one of the shops here.

We'll do free minor adjustments and one more thorough checkup/basic tune within the first 2 months on a new bike, but yeah full tune ups and actual service costs money.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    My rant is peeps bashing on the Reverb. While the models in the past may not have the best track record and given the Reverb it's bad name, the latest gen has been super reliable and IMO one of the smoothest operating posts. I too have gone to the BikeYoke 185 on my latest build due to all the reviews putting it at number one, and honestly I miss the more linear/consistent feel of the hydraulic lever.
    Ooh, I'll bite.

How many times do we have to listen to rockshox say they've fixed the durability issues with the reverb before we're allowed to stop believing them? We're on what, the 5th generation of reverbs, or thereabouts? But you're saying they're good now. Mmmhmm.

And aside from that, they still have the stupid hydraulic lever that creates 5 problems for every 1 it solves. And reverbs are both more expensive and heavier than the competition. And for a given drop, they're longer than the competition so you've gotta run less drop.

The only reason reverbs still exist on the market is because sram swings their dick around and gets them OEM spec on a bunch of bikes.

i dunno the wireless one is pretty cool
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    Sorry, I’m lost on this one. Riding double OC then blaming the trail builder for changes and wanting a warning??

Well, now I'm lost. Double OC? I'm not getting it. Basically, the trail has been the same for several years, you get used to it and ride it fast to take advantage of features, and then one day you come around a corner and shit's all different. A little something indicating you might want to slow down and check out what's ahead would be appreciated. Not complicated.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    i dunno the wireless one is pretty cool
    Buddy of mine put one on a 10+ year old Scandium Niner One9 w Niner carbon fork. Kinda hilarious as the seatpost is considerably more valuable than rest of the bike. No internal routing of course on 2011 Niner hardtails.

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Buddy of mine put one on a 10+ year old Scandium Niner One9 w Niner carbon fork. Kinda hilarious as the seatpost is considerably more valuable than rest of the bike. No internal routing of course on 2011 Niner hardtails.

Every bike has internal routing if you have a drill.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    That's been my experience with bike yokes too. On one hand, you can "revive" them easily. On the other hand, they need to be revived kind of often.
    I haven't had bleed issues with the Revive, but my experiences go something like this.
    Has happened twice:

Followed by a long back n forth with the company. The last time they asked how much I weigh. Why I didn't keep the paper receipt. Blah blah blah.
    Both did eventually get warrantied, however.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

^^^lol. That's worse.

WKD-RDR weighs about 105, and rides like a 12 year old girl.
    Not fair!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Not really trail building time of year, but it grinds my gears when your local trail advocacy organization purchases a spendy piece of equipment like a really nice trail machine, but all it has mostly done in the last 5 years is sit in a storage area collecting dust.
    It's no wonder why said trail organization group (SWIMBA) has such low membership and can't get along with any of the other land management groups (but that's a whole other story)

That’s too bad.
    RFIMBA is actually pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    Not really trail building time of year, but it grinds my gears when your local trail advocacy organization purchases a spendy piece of equipment like a really nice trail machine, but all it has mostly done in the last 5 years is sit in a storage area collecting dust.
    It's no wonder why said trail organization group (SWIMBA) has such low membership and can't get along with any of the other land management groups (but that's a whole other story)
    Sounds like a lack of motivated leadership.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    Well, now I'm lost. Double OC? I'm not getting it. Basically, the trail has been the same for several years, you get used to it and ride it fast to take advantage of features, and then one day you come around a corner and shit's all different. A little something indicating you might want to slow down and check out what's ahead would be appreciated. Not complicated.
    Apologies, Double Out of Control. I guess I can’t relate, we don’t have system trails where I live, only sign free backcountry type stuff where there is never a warning for anything but Grizzly in area.