Page 94 of 247 FirstFirst ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 6158
    Wait a minute Trailforks is charging now? That's outrageous!!

I can’t wait for Facebook to start charging $5.00 a month...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Seeing no changes on the website or the app. $1.50 a month remains a major bargain even if you question the validity of charging for user-submitted content. Which I don't, someone's gonna be curating that shit on the back end and they're not doing it for free...

Re: undetected injury, when I was a dumb teen I used to ride nasty hiking trails in the Alps and crash constantly. One day I took a nasty plunge in thick brush after straightlining through a switchback. I climbed out of the hole I was in, dusted myself up, didn't spot any obvious injuries, and continued on my bouncy way. After coming across 3 hikers who gave me horrified looks I started wondering if I hadn't missed something rather obvious and sure enough, I had 6" of stick poking out of my arm just above the elbow with a solid 2" embedded under the skin. It wasn't deep and didn't cause any pain but had started to bleed pretty good after riding on it. I went straight to the family doc who pulled the stick, cleaned up and stitched the hole, and sent me home with a promise he wouldn't tell my mom.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Wait a minute Trailforks is charging now? That's outrageous!!
    If you sign up before Sep. 30 it's literally $1.50/mo. OH THE HUMANITY!!

I supposed they could have offered a version that was filled with obnoxious ads and spyware.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Seeing no changes on the website or the app.
    https://www.trailforks.com/pro/

https://www.trailforks.com/pro/faq/

$1.50 a month remains a major bargain even if you question the validity of charging for user-submitted content. Which I don't, someone's gonna be curating that shit on the back end and they're not doing it for free.
    Exactly.

Seeing no changes on the website or the app. $1.50 a month remains a major bargain even if you question the validity of charging for user-submitted content. Which I don't, someone's gonna be curating that shit on the back end and they're not doing it for free...
    Trails are edited and approved by local moderators. I'm one and definitely don't get paid for it.

Although we need to do a better job with some of the naming. I want to get some people together and actually decide on some because a few of the trail names around here were apparently just made up by whoever uploaded it. And some "trails" are a combination of trails. Hmmm. Maybe if they did pay me I'd be more willing to deal with that shitshow.

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    Trails are edited and approved by local moderators. I'm one and definitely don't get paid for it.
    Yeah, I am also. I will say TF is a powerful system on the backside. They have a lot of $$$ tied up in that...it seems.

So as an admin, do we have to pay also? I hope not. I've put a good amount of time in volunteering for them.

The last item in the FAQ link says local region admins can get five free active subscriptions.

I guess there must be lots of reports we've all missed of mountain bikes getting spooked by other trail users, rearing on their hind wheel, and violently kicking said trail users before taking off at full speed and eventually tossing their rider into a bush before wandering for another mile in full panic.

To be fair, I do this frequently with my bike and regularly have to go hiking off into the woods to find it.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Is there a difference between free Trailforks and "Trailforks Pro," which is apparently what's becoming the paid subscription service?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Is there a difference between free Trailforks and "Trailforks Pro," which is apparently what's becoming the paid subscription service?
    My quick scan showed that the free version would only have a "home area" map that was 50 square kilometers. On mobile.

Serious question (I’m not up on the creators or politics), what makes TF better than MTB Project? Locally, TF just caught up w MTBP as far as trail coverage. Both see conditions updates, though a bit inconsistently between the two. I’d gladly pay $1.50 for TF if it was the only option, but that’s not the case.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

I think TF has a slightly bigger database of trails... at least across the areas I ride. I used to use MTB Project more because of their interface, but lately I've been using TF more frequently. They have improved the interface, but have also added a bunch of features that make it more informative.

The biggest feature of TF for me is the Ride Log- it lets you see how other people rode different trails and linked them together. When visiting a new area, it's pretty awesome.

I thought it was only a matter of time until TF started asking for money ( with Strava leading the way and I believe they use a lot of strava data) and I for one am fully in favour of paying. I use TF a ton especially when travelling so I really see no issue in paying for it

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Serious question (I’m not up on the creators or politics), what makes TF better than MTB Project? Locally, TF just caught up w MTBP as far as trail coverage. Both see conditions updates, though a bit inconsistently between the two. I’d gladly pay $1.50 for TF if it was the only option, but that’s not the case.
    The existence of MTBP makes the whining that much dumber.

Personally, I prefer the TF interface, ridelogs are a really nice feature, the heatmap layer is really useful, and TF has had running, hiking, moto and other trail types available for some time. It's nice having one app for every sport. If I'm traveling to a new area I'll check coverage on both just in case.

Compared to what Strava is charging it's an amazing deal considering how much you get. The promo deal is literally pocket change.

Use both, but almost every place out west I have been riding, TF has more trails listed and better descriptions. I have tried to use mtbp, but TF just has more info for me.

I'm logged in on my phone and my wife's phone with no apparent problems. There may be a device limit but it looks like you can have at least two at a time.

Pro only affects the app for now. The desktop version is still free with full functionality.

I’d like to rant about this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3653.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	215.8 KB 
ID:	338467
    This trail is only a couple years old and already people can’t deviate 12 inches over from a straight line. Also, already, before every curve are stutter bumps from people who don’t know how to use a front brake.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post

This trail is only a couple years old and already people can’t deviate 12 inches over from a straight line. Also, already, before every curve are stutter bumps from people who don’t know how to use a front brake.
    Looks perfect to me. If you're taking the outside, it's smooth because all the brake bumps are on the inside line.

If a trail is built with curves on flat ground that have no obstacle on the inside, zero people should be surprised when an inside line develops. At this point, getting irritated about that is roughly equivalent to being annoyed that the bar end selection at the local shop isn't that great.

It’s not flat.

Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

It’s not flat.

It's flat enough that an inside line can develop. Any trail builder that didn't see that coming hasn't built much trail.

Strava folks taking the fast line, gotta have that KOM.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

It looks like it may develop a new berm

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Unnecessary turns are the scourge of trail design. Probably a certified "IMBA" trail builder.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    OTOH, cows created the basis for many, many miles of the trails we enjoy in Teton Valley, Idaho.
    I used to have shirts at my bike shop that said
    “We LOVE cows! They make trails for us, and then we eat them!”
    I know I’m late to the party, but this is hilarious and I need to give props where props are due.