Page 147 of 247 FirstFirst ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 6171
    What do mopeds and fat chicks have in common?

They are both fun to ride but you didn’t want to be seen with neither.

You guy’s have stickers made. Then plaster them all over and it’s ebiker’s that are triggered?

You guys need to ride more and maybe try to smile.

Damnit, last fall I ordered a 29” wheel set to build up my Instinct frame for sale. Put them all together, mounted cassette and rotor…and they are 142mm, mislabeled on the box.
    poo.
    Last edited by rideit; 04-09-2022 at 10:06 AM.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Damnit, last fall I ordered a 29” wheel set to build up my Instinct frame for sale. Put them all together, mounted cassette and rotor…and they are 142mm, mislabeled on the box.
    poo.
    I still have that takeoff set of aluminum 29er wheels for cheap. Centerlock rotors come with it.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

Thanks HMS, all sorted!

OK, I am a boomer. But WTF is wrong with the 20-30 year old generation? Over the past 2 years, I have attended 3 weddings of friends' children. One in NJ, one in UT and one in Cali. For the weddings outside UT., in addition to paying for airfare and hotels, I spent over $400 each on gifts (Le Creuset Dutch Ovens) and for the UT. wedding, I gave $500 cash. To date, I have not received one thank you note, or any wedding pics. To me, this is just wrong. to me, the disrespect and expectant nature is just mind boggling.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

We here think you need to go for a bike ride.

Whoops. Thought this was the Padded room. My bad.

.....but still
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Yeah, damn millennials!

Schindler gets no respect.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    OK, I am a boomer. But WTF is wrong with the 20-30 year old generation? Over the past 2 years, I have attended 3 weddings of friends' children. One in NJ, one in UT and one in Cali. For the weddings outside UT., in addition to paying for airfare and hotels, I spent over $400 each on gifts (Le Creuset Dutch Ovens) and for the UT. wedding, I gave $500 cash. To date, I have not received one thank you note, or any wedding pics. To me, this is just wrong. to me, the disrespect and expectant nature is just mind boggling.
    Maybe blame your friends for shitty parenting resulting in shitty kids? Like everybody my age says, we never asked for participation trophies, that was all our parents trying to make up for their pointless lives by living vicariously through us.
    Also, I'm a firm believer that a gift should be given not out of some expectation but out of desire to give. I don't expect to get paid back for that, and I often won't get gifts for people when "custom" says I should.

And yeah, go for a bike ride.

Acknowledging and thanking someone for a generous gift either verbally or in a note should span all generations and is just part of being a decent person. Anyone who argues otherwise is just a crusty asshole.

If you aren't getting written thank you's though, good chance the blame goes on the parents. That's something that isn't in most people's repertoire, especially guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Maybe blame your friends for shitty parenting resulting in shitty kids? Like everybody my age says, we never asked for participation trophies, that was all our parents trying to make up for their pointless lives by living vicariously through us.
    Also, I'm a firm believer that a gift should be given not out of some expectation but out of desire to give. I don't expect to get paid back for that, and I often won't get gifts for people when "custom" says I should.

And yeah, go for a bike ride.
    IWhile I don't want to prolong this in S.R., I will say first, that this is gold. Parents need to teach their kids manners. For instance, regarding the NJ wedding, I have known the people for a very long time. I was present when the groom turned 10 or so. He received a gift of $5 from a lady who could not afford to give much more. When he received the gift, he said, "I usually get $10." True story. ...I should have known. Second, I need to go for a bike ride.

Falcon, while I agree "that a gift should be given not out of some expectation but out of desire to give", a thank you is always nice.

Last year a pair of college girls were on the bus talking about how bikes were expensive and how one of them had a bike and the other didn’t and if they both had bikes they could go do whatever…
    So I took a hybrid Trek I had around as a potential wifebike, and tuned it all up, bought a seatpost and seat, bought good tires, and for the next week I put it on the front rack of the bus, locked it up outside their dorm, and when I saw them I gave them the lock combo. 3rd week I see them and they just get on like nothing…I ask if the bike fits and how it rides…oh it’s great. No thanks, no gratitude expressed. Total nothing.

A teenager in the neighborhood was interested in my moped. When I needed space in my garage, I gathered up 2 complete engines and a ton of parts, enough parts to build one up without buying anything but maybe a chain and a few nuts and bolts. I asked the parents if it was ok if I gifted it, they said sure…so I wrote up a list of the parts and everything I knew about putting it all together, and I also said don’t worry about reselling all of it if you just want to make some money for something else..etc. I see those people routinely, never a mention of it, no thank you, no progress report, no hello. Nothin’.

A college guy on the lift this year, black kid from the city just learning to ski over the past 2 years of being at this college with a ski area, was talking about wishing he had some rock skis he could beat up so he wasn’t wrecking his better pair…and some pow skis. I said I had some skis he could have but they would be a lot of ski for him…191 lib tech pow nas…he said he could handle a 191 pow ski so I said I’d unmount them and he could have them. He put my number in his phone and made a big show out of entering my name as Old Jerry…which was just great. Sent him a link to learn about that ski. Gave him the skis the next day, total nothing, like that was a thing that I was supposed to do. No thanks, just a big “meh”…old Jerrys, they’ll give you some skis.

It’s demoralizing. My wife has had the same experiences supervising 100 of these youngsters, going out of her way to arrange schedules, bonuses, scholarships, transfers out of town, references… usually no thanks, no nothing. The exceptions are the hillbillies, the rural kids, farm kids or whatever, like from the 4H club or the ones that need time off to go with their family to the rodeo… seem to her to have a better concept of expressing appreciation.

I dunno, it seems like an indicator of other bigger societal problems…I find it troubling

Who remembers the maggot parts bin charity bike from a bunch of years ago?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

That was a bunch of years ago? I guess so.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Who remembers the maggot parts bin charity bike from a bunch of years ago?

Was that the one that went to sprite? (IIRC)
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Anyone know what happened to her and earlywood? They were cool.

Just a guess, but they probably didn't even know you were at the wedding and most likely didn't invite you. And wtf are you doing traveling to a friends kids wedding for? I find it extremely odd to invite your friends to your kids wedding unless you are extremely tight with said kids. And even still, traveling to a friends kids wedding is nuts unless you can work a vacation into it.

But yeah, those people are definitely selfish pricks for not sending you a 'thank you'.

I’m pro marriage but anti wedding.

It seems like Sprite bailed shortly after her kid got the bike. Unrelated I’m sure. But there was that awkward period where he flaked on his deal to post up some stoke vids with the bike. And she was stuck apologizing for him. Being a parent must be frustrating.

However many are in a shit ton.

Anyone have anything they'd like to rant about?

The way my car screams at me when I reverse now that I added my bike rack back on.
    And when I turn the screaming off, it won’t allow me to use the rear facing camera at all. 🤨
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder_River View Post
    If you aren't getting written thank you's though, good chance the blame goes on the parents. That's something that isn't in most people's repertoire, especially guys.
    Wife made sure our thank you's were sent out timely after our wedding. We sent out cool post cards we collected road tripping around CO, NM, UT on our honeymoon.

Falcon, while I agree "that a gift should be given not out of some expectation but out of desire to give", a thank you is always nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    I dunno, it seems like an indicator of other bigger societal problems…I find it troubling
    Millennial here...but I've experienced this with younger kids who I've worked with. I've hooked a few up w/ nice secondhand gear e.g. boots, rain gear, old ski clothes for outdoor work during shoulder seasons, etc. Several individuals stick out in my memory for taking gear with out any thank you AND never bringing it to work. One even complained about some nice boots I gave him...These kids (20 - 25 y/o?) had no real social skills so not a total surprise.

When I was about 20 some friends and I hooked up one of our best buds with spare parts so he could have a ridable xc bike. I gave my parts with the understanding I'd get them back once he upgraded...He sold the bike and everyones parts on it.

Stupid Garmin Edge 830 bike computer decided to update gps firmware during ride and did not restart recording.

Can I rant about entitled roadies? Almost wiped a dude out because he just stopped in the opposite traffic lane coming out of an intersection so he could wave his gf through to blow the stop sign, then got all salty at me when I told him to get out of the road. It was on a super popular beach route where people should know better.

This was slightly offset by some folks 2 minutes later doing a great job calmly taking the lane with hand signals so they could make a left turn. Obey convention, don't be a douchebag.

The fucktard horse people who waited until it was raining to ride one of the few close to town legal to mountain bike trails that I brought back to life years ago. Deep horse tracks that will take all summer to smooth out and as always, shit all over the trail. Fuck horse people!! They never do any clearing or maintenance, they just fuck up trails and leave. It’s goddamn maddening! Ah, I feel better.