Page 170 of 247 FirstFirst ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 ... LastLast
Results 4,226 to 4,250 of 6171
    Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    Sweet Jesus, you cheap bastards that scour Ali Express to save $10 and get shit shipped from 1/2way around the world haven’t quite figured out that the 2oz Stan’s bottle is the ultimate sealant injector. This thread is insane.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It even comes with free sealant!
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Also you can buy syringes and tubing for like $2 at a ranch supply store in the horse drugs section. Handy for suspension service too.

^^^ I endorse this message.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    I fill up the 2oz bottle from the big bottle, and squeeze the 2oz into the valve stem.
    Easy.
    Yes, but admittedly that transfer is where I spill sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    I don't seem to have stans issues and I'm not sure why I don't?

The only time I make a mess is trying to transfer used stans from a dead tire to the new one. I saw a vid of a guy who uses a...well I already forgot wtf!...but essentially a Dixie cup to scoop the old out and dump into the new tire.

For new I either do what others have said, or I seal the whole tire and use the little refill bottle that fits tight over the valve, remove core and just squirt it in.
    TIL someone spend the time to “transfer” 78 cents of Stan’s…

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

I've always transferred Stan's between tires. I go through tires quickly. Seeing as how a bottle of Stan's is now over 30 bucks it is worth saving. Plus it's messy so if it's liquid still it gets used.

I can't tell you how many times I've set down an orange seal bottle without a lid and knocked it over. But your right. At most it is a twenty dollar mistake, and as far as my wrenching mistakes go, that is a cheap one. In reality, I always got the bottle up fast enough that it might be a dollar mistake. Still drop some F Bombs towards my own stupidity every time!

I always swap leftover sealant over from one tire to a new one. Just pop & remove 1 bead, hang the wheel from your handlebars in the stand, and use a syringe to suck up most of the sealant from the bottom of the tire. Squirt this into the big bottle and mix it in if you're concerned about losing particles or whatever.

After some near misses with knocking over the big bottle of sealant (and also when bleeding brakes - the mineral oil / DOT bottle), I lightly clamp the bottle in my bench vise.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post

Herein lies one of the problems in our society. Wasteful throwaway. Fuck tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Herein lies one of the problems in our society. Wasteful throwaway. Fuck tomorrow.
    Exactly.
    No way I'm dumping sealant into the trash for no reason, if it's still liquid when I pull the old tire it goes into the new tire. I haven't flatted with old crusty sealant, seems to work well enough. Does it save me a couple $$ at the expense of an extra 5 minutes of work? Maybe, I haven't done the math. Do I care? No, I just hate wasting stuff.
    Same reason I finish all my worn front tires on the rear of the trail bike. They don't grip for shit, helps me get better at sliding the rear around. I get another couple hundred miles out of them before they're dangerously ruined. Is it going to save the world? Probably not. Seems less wasteful though and it makes me feel better about things.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post

The same kind of people who spend $200 and 37.5 hours a week hot wax dipping their chains?

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    The same kind of people who spend $200 and 37.5 hours a week hot dip waxing their chains?
    Or...
    The same people who think waxing their chain takes $200 and 37.5hrs/week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

I pour out whatever stans is still liquid into the new tire, i think maybe a oz was still in there so i had to top it up

maybe it works maybe not, in any case what else are you going to do with old stan's ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Roxtar View Post
    Or...
    The same people who think waxing their chain takes $200 and 37.5hrs/week.
    When I lived in LA everyone I knew waxed. The sand and the powder off of the pumice just created chaos with everything else.

Working in a shop and doing tubeless all summer, I only use a syringe for cushcore since it's required (or sometimes when I want to refresh sealant on the go in my truck tool box). It's so much easier to just dump sealant in your tire as you're putting it on. If you're making a mess doing it that way, well do it better I suppose haha

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    Working in a shop and doing tubeless all summer, I only use a syringe for cushcore since it's required (or sometimes when I want to refresh sealant on the go in my truck tool box). It's so much easier to just dump sealant in your tire as you're putting it on. If you're making a mess doing it that way, well do it better I suppose haha
    X2.

I didn't even know using syringes for sealant was a thing. Just seems like an extra step. Although using a syringe to transfer sealant from an old tire to a new one makes sense. I might have to start doing that.

I like using the Stan's injector personally. When I swap tires I usually seat the bead before I add any sealant, so I don't make a mess if something bad happens. I don't swap many tires though, so a few extra steps doesn't really bug me.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I've been using the syringe that comes with Truckerco sealant -- works fine, no clogs. I rinse it out with a hose after each use and let it dry before putting it away.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VYVYYPB...ckerco+sealant
    This. The syringe and tube will outlast the Truckerco bottle, and the next bottle comes with a new one just in case.

The Park one does look sweet though. It would fit in nicely with my Wera hex wrenches...
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I like using the Stan's injector personally. When I swap tires I usually seat the bead before I add any sealant, so I don't make a mess if something bad happens. I don't swap many tires though, so a few extra steps doesn't really bug me.
    Same. Also, are people really breaking the bead when they need to top off sealant mid-season? FTS.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    This. The syringe and tube will outlast the Truckerco bottle, and the next bottle comes with a new one just in case.
    x3

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Same. Also, are people really breaking the bead when they need to top off sealant mid-season? FTS.
    My sealant lasts much longer than my tires. Only time I top up sealant is if I swap a tire in the fall that maybe needs a quick splash of sealant in the spring. In which case I just squirt a little in through the valve with a small stan's bottle.

It's definitely a climate-dependent issue. Shit dries out fast here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    It's definitely a climate-dependent issue. Shit dries out fast here.
    Yup. Its even drier here. And my shop has little shade and gets really hot in the summer, which definitely doesn't help.

Same here. I usually top up sealant every 3 months and should probably be doing it more often than that.

Anyone have anything they'd like to rant about?

This is pretty cool.
    Camera in a tubeless tire.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CkQ2H...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Last edited by joetron; 10-29-2022 at 11:24 AM.

Guy on local Craigslist advertising paid tours of local trail systems.

"I also know of some secret trails and jump lines if interested, just ask"

Just what we need, douchebags profiting from blowing up off menu trails.