Page 71 of 247 FirstFirst ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 6153
    Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Ya know that little screw that holds your brake pads in on shimano brakes.... that wasn’t in when I dropped into my last ride... making me not be able to ride after driving 1:45 to trail head

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Pad axle." Jenson carries them for cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

get an extra clip too.

Or just tighten the damn things if they're the threaded ones

I'll mail you one if you need it.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Yeah, it wasn’t too hard of a fix... except all the brake fluid that oozed out and made the brake useless...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I've been doing a bunch of local gravel rides the past couple years and was okay with the whole paying to ride concept. Organizers charge $50 or so and you get a t-shirt, a supported ride, a signed route and some food/beer after. Now these events are getting a little ridiculous.....I did a long 85 mile ride this summer that was $80 - pricey but the route was awesome, it was well supported and I got a couple beers with my entry. I go to register for the same event for next year and its now $130. Food, beer, t-shirt is all extra. Everyone gets less for an extra $50. No, thanks.

I thought the point of gravel events was to keep it local, low key, accessible and fun. Expensive reg fees cater to tourists who travel and don't give a shit about supporting any local bike scene. I'll keep my money and do an epic mountain bike ride instead that day.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    I've been doing a bunch of local gravel rides the past couple years and was okay with the whole paying to ride concept. Organizers charge $50 or so and you get a t-shirt, a supported ride, a signed route and some food/beer after. Now these events are getting a little ridiculous.....I did a long 85 mile ride this summer that was $80 - pricey but the route was awesome, it was well supported and I got a couple beers with my entry. I go to register for the same event for next year and its now $130. Food, beer, t-shirt is all extra. Everyone gets less for an extra $50. No, thanks.

I thought the point of gravel events was to keep it local, low key, accessible and fun. Expensive reg fees cater to tourists who travel and don't give a shit about supporting any local bike scene. I'll keep my money and do an epic mountain bike ride instead that day.
    Yeah, and make sure you never wear that bands t shirt to their concert....

Events are much more a thing now... and maybe the people want to make it a business.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

Yeah, and make sure you never wear that bands t shirt to their concert....
    10/10 for PCU quote.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    10/10 for PCU quote.
    I'm just waiting for you to give me shit for not building my own bike up and then blowing up the build that I got done....
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

I'm just waiting for you to give me shit for not building my own bike up and then blowing up the build that I got done....
    Heh. Seemed too easy. Plus, I hate the feeling of getting to trailhead and not being able to ride - totally sucks. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Maybe I'll give you crap in a week or so once it's not so new...

Local gov't has a new goal to pave every gravel road in the county. They started with the 2 mile climb that caps one of our go-to routes. Looks like their primary focus is the stuff we ride. Such a huge bummer.

More of a lament than a rant, cause I'm sure the folks that live on these roads are stoked.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Come do the Paine Epic. Free, Beer, weed, chocolate covered bacon and fat back almond bark. I promise it hurts. Commodification of community. The new bike model.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Local gov't has a new goal to pave every gravel road in the county. They started with the 2 mile climb that caps one of our go-to routes. Looks like their primary focus is the stuff we ride. Such a huge bummer.

More of a lament than a rant, cause I'm sure the folks that live on these roads are stoked.
    Road bikes are more fun on asphalt than road bikes on gravel aren't they?
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Especially going down.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Come do the Paine Epic. Free, Beer, weed, chocolate covered bacon and fat back almond bark. I promise it hurts. Commodification of community. The new bike model.
    Yes, yes and yes. That was on my radar this summer but couldn't make it. I've been eyeing that route for a bit. I'm in for next year, just give me the heads up when.

Ironically, PM 10 air pollution should go down too.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Road bikes aren't fun anywhere.

Road bikes aren't fun anywhere.
    order of fun

1. MTB
    2. Dirtjumping
    3. Road riding on traffic-free roads
    4. Punching one's own nuts
    5. Road riding in heavy traffic
    6. Drinking muratic acid
    7. Riding a road bike on dirt roads and calling it some bullshit with the word gravel
    8. Talking to people who just bought an ebike

Agreed, it’s getting played out, big time. I’ll still do the RAS ride, really good cause. And the Dirty Pizza, which is like $35 and the best pizza in NH. But Ted King can go fuck himself. $130 smell my mule.
    crab in my shoe mouth

order of fun

1. MTB
    2. Dirtjumping
    6. Drinking muratic acid
    7. Riding a road bike on dirt roads and calling it some bullshit with the word gravel
    Ha. Agreed, I don't get the gravel love. It's like taking every aspect of biking that I don't like and putting it together.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Ha. Agreed, I don't get the gravel love. It's like taking every aspect of biking that I don't like and putting it together.
    Can I interest you in my gravel ebike group ride?

order of fun

1. MTB
    2. Dirtjumping
    6. Drinking muratic acid
    All hail...the TRUTH. Egravel biking is the future of the sport.

order of fun

1. MTB
    2. Dirtjumping
    6. Drinking muratic acid
    ....you forgot fatbikes

Quote Originally Posted by rip View Post
    ....you forgot fatbikes
    I was just addressing bicycles, not circus props. That'll be in a later post that involves bears and a penny farthing.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I knocked it, too, but it's fun. There's no mountain biking season here, it's year-round, and starts to suck right about now because you can't see the trail through the leaves. Gravel is a nice change of pace in the winter, and if you do it with mountain bikers, it's laid back. Loose corners, sketchy steep descents, ruts, rocks, jumps, all at speed. Plenty of opportunity to scare the shit out of yourself. Ridiculous views. And best of all, basically no cars.

I do number 3 on woo's list. The roads are covered in gravel (not much dirt around here, sadly), but since that's a trigger word, I'll start calling it rock and sand with some dirt but no asphalt riding. RSSDNAR!

We call it Groad back east, and it’s a blast. We have so many options and so many ways to connect massive rides, with almost no car traffic. The dirt roads here are very smooth and fast as fuck. And the class 4/6 roads, snowmobile trails, on a 38c is gnar!
    crab in my shoe mouth