Page 34 of 247 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
    The headphone thing is beyond annoying here too. I've come up behind people and had to get off the bike and walk for a while before being able to get their attention. One guy still refused to move even when he knew I was there, without taking his headphones off he said he'd move when he was ready and not a second before and if I didn't like it I could turn around and leave. About 100 yards later I pushed him off the trail into a creek.

Art’s Cyclery shutting down their online store. That kind of blows.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post

fuck don’t remind me of that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post

Agreed. They were a great place to find small parts, and since I'm in CA, the free shipping was 1 day shipping.

Ride rounds happen and you can't control it. Filters, filters, filters. Place your advanced single track at the top of a big climb. Do not sign or map your trails. Do not host events. Route your trail so the easiest possible line is still interesting and hide more interesting options on the same trail, not as an optional route where possible. Do not get upset by what you can't control. Once an area sees a certain level of use, you have to provide for the lowest common denominator. The cool shit will always exist on the fringe, it will always eventually get assimilated by the ever-encroaching hoards of entitled users who's only idea of trail work is to "Un-do" your trail work to make it suit their needs better. Move further out, build more cool shit, and always have a project going so you can go there and build so you don't have to rant about the old trail that is getting hammered to death.
    Not saying this is the key to happiness as a trail builder....but it does help.

I'd rather deal with the headphones too loud people than the Bluetooth speaker people. Fuckin douchebags.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Anyone have anything they'd like to rant about?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Ride rounds happen and you can't control it. Filters, filters, filters. Place your advanced single track at the top of a big climb. Do not sign or map your trails. Do not host events. Route your trail so the easiest possible line is still interesting and hide more interesting options on the same trail, not as an optional route where possible. Do not get upset by what you can't control. Once an area sees a certain level of use, you have to provide for the lowest common denominator. The cool shit will always exist on the fringe, it will always eventually get assimilated by the ever-encroaching hoards of entitled users who's only idea of trail work is to "Un-do" your trail work to make it suit their needs better. Move further out, build more cool shit, and always have a project going so you can go there and build so you don't have to rant about the old trail that is getting hammered to death.
    This resonates for me and reflects past experiences.
    Some times you just have to let go and move on to something that is outside the scope of user group awareness.

X2 on Bluetooth speakers...
    Last edited by ACH; 10-24-2018 at 09:51 AM.

X3 on bluetooth speakers.

And people who are sufficiently socially unaware to think those things are a good idea inevitably have terrible taste in music.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I'd rather deal with the headphones too loud people than the Bluetooth speaker people. Fuckin douchebags.
    Actually, the guy who inspired my post was using a BT speaker, not headphones. It really was that god damn loud. They are a plague.

The whole idea of listening to music while descending is lost on me. Why remove a key sensory input? I'll frequently hear my tires starting to lose traction before I feel it.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Alotta wisdom in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    The whole idea of listening to music while descending is lost on me. Why remove a key sensory input? I'll frequently hear my tires starting to lose traction before I feel it.
    +1 - and I feel the same way about skiing too.

The only thing I have to add to that is that if you are blocking Strava cheater lines, try and do it with things that would take 2-3 people to move.
    Most of these line pussies are running solo.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Industry Nine now selling the single easiest to produce, most reliable, most boring component ........ in shiny colors, is NOT newsworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    The only thing I have to add to that is that if you are blocking Strava cheater lines, try and do it with things that would take 2-3 people to move.
    Most of these line pussies are running solo.
    You would be wrong around here, team cheater [shuttle] moves lots of piles.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Maxxis tire sizing.

I know Maxxis runs small, what is the actual width of 2.6 & 2.5 DHF’s? (27.5)?

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    Maxxis tire sizing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5344.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	252453

Does this help?
    27.5 x 2.5 DHF (29mm internal rim width)
    Measured, OD shoulder knobs
    Last edited by ACH; 10-25-2018 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    Maxxis tire sizing.

On a 35 mm rim, a 2.6 DHF measures 64mm at the widest point of the tread, as well as at the widest point of the casing. So that's a bit over 2.5"

Pulled a SLX brakeset out the parts bin and found one of the hoses had a kink. "Well, that should be cheap to replace" I thought. Turns out it's almost $30 for a replacement hose. Seriously? It's $80 for a completely new brake.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0054.JPG 
Views:	143 
Size:	233.7 KB 
ID:	262964
    I can’t stand this shit. You know who gets the right of way? The one having the most fun! BUT, everyone needs to play nice and be able to stop or slow down enough to not scare anyone or be a dick. /rant

Bullshit indeed. No matter what the signs say, douchebags always have the right of way

Anyone else tired of the bureaucracy for building "sanctioned" trails?

The TGR app just started “recommending pages”. WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by freerideskiing View Post
    Anyone else tired of the bureaucracy for building "sanctioned" trails?
    I am in favor of trails. Unless you own the land anything unsanctioned is trespassing and vandalism.

Uphill users have the right-of-way. It's simple, only a d-bag wouldn't understand. The other that might not is one who thinks they know who's having more fun, the narcissistic mind at work whilst dipping heavily in the insecurity sauce.

You’re getting bent out of shape about made up etiquette that only applies in places that are overrun with the self righteous. Those rules don’t even exist here.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.