Page 93 of 247 FirstFirst ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 6171
    We have multiple riding zones in Utardia that get absolutely murdered by cows.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    OTOH, cows created the basis for many, many miles of the trails we enjoy in Teton Valley, Idaho.
    I used to have shirts at my bike shop that said
    “We LOVE cows! They make trails for us, and then we eat them!”
    On a road trip last fall, I stopped at Potter's Pasture in western NE to camp and ride the bike trails. Strangest place I have ever rode my bike, and I used to build trails on an old garbage dump. Lots of decayed trail that were built and eventually destroyed by cows. There were a few hundred head around that we ran into a few times. My dogs enjoyed it, even if they are posers that don't know the first thing about herding cattle.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0553.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	222.7 KB 
ID:	338172

Name:	IMG_0547.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	237.7 KB 
ID:	338173

The cow tag trail signs were a nice touch.

Name:	IMG_0551.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	747.5 KB 
ID:	338175

If Oskar had his way, every trail would have cow pies to roll in.

Name:	IMG_0554.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	708.2 KB 
ID:	338176

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Update to my rant on the shoulder...

non displaced fracture on the humeral head, bone contusion, and a tear of the rotator cuff that really just thins it, it doesn't go through (different than a partial tear)...
    So, no surgery likely, I need to let the bone heal then get on rotator cuff strengthening portion of the pain programming.

So, good news in the rant thread.. my bad.
    Good news is acceptable in here once a while! I have my ortho follow-up tomorrow, I hope I get the green light to at least take off the brace and start rehab with OT. Ms Boissal wants to do Sedona trip late Oct, I'd prefer to be a part of it rather than receive pics of her awesome rides while I languish at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    I'd take motos on trails over fucking horses / donkeys any day. Fuck those nimby hypocrites. They can keep their 1 ton walking shit factories on their own land.
    Why aren't they required to use horse shitbags when on public trails?

https://www.workinghorsetack.com/Cat...er-p/bb2cb.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quantity rants boys. I’ll pile on with I fucking hate stock of any kind, with the possible exception of llamas. Used to work at Grand Canyon NP and hiking up/down Kaibab and Bright Angel trails with mountains of mule shit and piss (getting it all over your pants and boots) just to spend a week further in the backcountry smelling like their shit was enough to make one go insane with rage.

Rocky Mtn NP was especially bad too with how dry it is in the summer: stock trails were six feet wide dust fucks.

Cattle on trails in NE WA fuck up trails and destroy water sources. Welfare ranchers for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post

I'm guessing the excuse is that Dogfood "might get spooked!"

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Quantity rants boys. I’ll pile on with I fucking hate stock of any kind, with the possible exception of llamas. Used to work at Grand Canyon NP and hiking up/down Kaibab and Bright Angel trails with mountains of mule shit and piss (getting it all over your pants and boots) just to spend a week further in the backcountry smelling like their shit was enough to make one go insane with rage.

Rocky Mtn NP was especially bad too with how dry it is in the summer: stock trails were six feet wide dust fucks.

Cattle on trails in NE WA fuck up trails and destroy water sources. Welfare ranchers for sure.
    Pack llamas are getting popular in the Alps these days and they are probably the most aggressive of all domesticated poop-droppers. They routinely spit at and charge mountain bikers. Probably funny the first time but I imagine getting llama juice in the eye gets old really fast. That being said I'd prefer to see llamas everywhere rather than horses or cows. Alpacas would be the best, mini-llamas without the attitude. I'd settle for donkeys too, they're cool.

I love that the ad states it's perfect if you ride in parades, on the beach, or any time that you need to clean up after your horse. Because an animal that can drop the weight of my torso in shit every hour should only be cleaned after in high vis areas but if my dog poops 12 miles from a trailhead some Karen will materialize out of a bush to scream at me to clean it up. And by that she means put it in a plastic bag and leave it on the side never to be picked up again.

First real rain for a while and some equestrian decided an early morning ride was in order. The giant piles of shit spanning the entire width of the trail don't really bother me anymore.

Hey, a good rant!

So, Yesterday I experienced first hand the new trails they are building from the Gondola down at the Village. Probably won’t open until ‘21, maybe with a teaser week at the end of this year?
    I have no idea.
    Let’s just say I was mighty impressed, and a bit flabbergasted at how much they have done. SO fun. Mostly flowy/bermy, but hopefully they will build some old-school tech-gnar.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I live on the eastside of Los Angeles near Griffith Park, and just got a gravel bike. Been doing a lot of road riding at Griffith which is actually really great because most of the roads are closed to cars. Decided this morning to find a real gravel route on one of the many dirt trails throughout the park. Unbeknownst to me, bikes are not allowed on any of the dirt trails at the park (should have figured, and will respect that rule going forward)....

...However, i was informed of such rule by a guy on a horse (which are allowed on the trails) galloping by me at FULL FUCKING SPEED. So bikes arent considered safe on the trails but horses are? The irony of this is absolutely insane.

"1 Ton Shit Factories"

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    <snip>However, i was informed of such rule by a guy on a horse (which are allowed on the trails) galloping by me at FULL FUCKING SPEED. So bikes arent considered safe on the trails but horses are? The irony of this is absolutely insane.
    Oooooooh that's rich, I guess there must be lots of reports we've all missed of mountain bikes getting spooked by other trail users, rearing on their hind wheel, and violently kicking said trail users before taking off at full speed and eventually tossing their rider into a bush before wandering for another mile in full panic.

We live in a scary word.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Oooooooh that's rich, I guess there must be lots of reports we've all missed of mountain bikes getting spooked by other trail users, rearing on their hind wheel, and violently kicking said trail users before taking off at full speed and eventually tossing their rider into a bush before wandering for another mile in full panic.

We live in a scary word.

Hahaha yes, EXACTLY. Bikes are so scary! I could see bombing down trails on a downhill bike being an issue, but im just cruising on my gravel bike not even going fast.

Also, completely agree to your other post. If dog owners have to pick up their animal's poop, same should apply to horses! Suckas...

Anyone have anything they'd like to rant about?

There’s a couple parks by me in the Sierra foothills that have signs that say “you must clean up after your horse” but I’ve never seen anyone follow it. It’s maddening that even though we have far more mtbers than horse riders most trails allow horses but very few allow bikes.

“Fuck you and the horse you rode in on”

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post

We live in a scary word.

That's the end goal with ebikes

Freakin cookies. Had a rock flip up into my shin going around a switch back last night. Great goose egg that bled like I’d chopped off my damn leg!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Freakin cookies. Had a rock flip up into my shin going around a switch back last night. Great goose egg that bled like I’d chopped off my damn leg!
    Man - I had that happen in the Spring of '17. Bled like a stuck hog. Put some better blood-mgmt supplies in my small 1st aid kit after that experience...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It's so weird how our bodies can react differently to things that are seemingly identical--two years ago I blew my shin open 3 inches long to the bone and it hardly bled at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    It's so weird how our bodies can react differently to things that are seemingly identical--two years ago I blew my shin open 3 inches long to the bone and it hardly bled at all.
    I didn't even notice it was bleeding until I felt liquid running into my shoe.

RE: Horses and their riders.

Next time you are warned not to spook their animal, point out nicely that for hundreds of years horses were used in war on battlefields and did just fine and then add, "oh right but those animals were trained."
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I didn't even notice it was bleeding until I felt liquid running into my shoe.
    Heh, ours were similar in one way then. I crashed, lied there for a second to see what was going to hurt, but seemed to be totally fine. I got up, started dusting myself off and noticed a "scrape" on my shin. I took a closer look, then a closer look, and realized I was looking at my tibia. No pain at all finishing the ride, driving to the Park City Instacare, or while waiting to get treated, maybe an hour total. Of course, when the novocaine wore off a few hours later the pain made up for lost time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    RE: Horses and their riders.

Next time you are warned not to spook their animal, point out nicely that for hundreds of years horses were used in war on battlefields and did just fine and then add, "oh right but those animals were trained."
    I too have been saying (or practicing to say) that same. exact. thing.
    for over 20 years now...
    Last edited by rideit; 08-27-2020 at 05:01 PM.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I think I might start telling those horse riders that there's a rattlesnake just a little ways ahead. Keep them antsy.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I think I might start telling those horse riders that there's a rattlesnake just a little ways ahead. Keep them antsy.
    I tell off-leash dog owners that there's a ranger coming their way...

Apparently this couple is back harassing people at a local trail system. In addition to pulling guns on people, they carry bear mace and tasers. They also do not like off leash dogs. Their 5 year probation recently ended. These are the kind of tweakers who booby trap trails

https://www.oregonlive.com/clackamas...eatened_m.html

People losing their shit over Trailforks deciding to charge the OUTRAGEOUS!! sum of $1.50/month amuses me.