Page 190 of 247 FirstFirst ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,750 of 6154
    The Jeffco Apex model is working really really well, but the conditions are quite specific (insanely fast DH only trail every even day, hikers on odd days). We could use a system like that here on Snow King, but there isn’t really a high quality enough DH to warrant it.
    It could help with one trail (Ferrins), but not enough people have gotten creamed (or nearly creamed) yet, I guess.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Oh for fucks sake. Entitled mountain bikers are the fucking worst. If you don’t want to yield (which usually just involves slowing, demonstrating control, allowing the other user to scoot out of the way) when on a multi-use trail- then ride directional mtb only trails or bike parks.
    It’s just a fucking bike ride, quit taking your “flow” so seriously, lol.

The only change that should be made is downhill trail runners should yield to climbing Mtn bikers.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The more expensive the equipment the more entitled it seems.

Equestrian>ebikers>modern mountain bikers>runners with earbuds>vintage mountain bikers>hikers>children who haven't been ruined by the world yet

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    The more expensive the equipment the more entitled it seems.

Equestrian>ebikers>modern mountain bikers>runners with earbuds>vintage mountain bikers>hikers>children who haven't been ruined by the world yet
    I've met some fairly entitled dogs on the trail.

Fuck the jeffco methods also. We lose trails in those deal and certain directions never get ridden again. We sacrifice because asshole mountain bikers can't play nice with entitled hikers. The endurbro mountain bikers are like "we never climbed that trail anyway". Fuck you pussy bitches. I rode my singlespeed up that shit before you even started truck shuttling trails.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Mean mugging little french bulldogs yo

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    The only change that should be made is downhill trail runners should yield to climbing Mtn bikers.
    This was the point I was trying to make

Fuck the jeffco methods also. We lose trails in those deal and certain directions never get ridden again. We sacrifice because asshole mountain bikers can't play nice with entitled hikers. The endurbro mountain bikers are like "we never climbed that trail anyway". Fuck you pussy bitches. I rode my singlespeed up that shit before you even started truck shuttling trails.
    And the crusty old hikers are like "there never used to be bikes on this trail in the 60's." Times change.

The problem isn't turning some older trail into a directional descent. The problem is not building a new trail to replace the climb that was lost.

Understood. (I think I first rode Apex in ‘87?)
    The rest of Jeffco management sucks, but hauling ass down Apex without fear of creaming a hiker is pretty fucking awesome for being next to a massive city. Besides, going up and down Chimney rocks as well if you don’t like it.

4 real. Still basically one climbing trail at multiple trail systems at Jeffco parks. All those climbing trails are 10 feet wide and getting wider every year.

last night on a jeep road climb.. the hikers were two wide on one side on the way down, the dog was zig zagging on the other side. I had to stop, on a 14' wide road lol...

We are seeing many of our new trails be built here directional. It's made a huge improvement.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    This is TGR. All arguments and rants need to go full circle 12 times and we 'yell' at each other if we're only a degree or two off on the north arrow, let alone if up is down.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    I know! I’m with ya!
    It’s the others squawkin about putting Mtn Bikers at the top of the pyramid that I was ranting about

East or bust's post in the experts thread reminded me of this:

Counting suspension setting clicks from closed is dumb. Everyone I've ever met starts with their suspension open-ish and then gradually adds clicks of compression until things feel good. So it makes sense to count clicks from open.

I'm aware of the technical reasons for counting from closed, and I don't care. Clicks should be counted from open.
    Just saw this, and not to beat a dead horse, but I don't disagree. While counting clicks from closed is pretty counterintuitive, it does provide a solid baseline when trying to convey the settings.

Personally, I have to think about rebound as slow/fast and compression as firm/light.

I agree.

Although the solution to user conflict isn't messing with the yield triangle, it's building directional trails and separating uses. No amount of common sense is going to solve use conflicts on trails that are overloaded with a wide variety of different uses. Putting everyone on every trail just means no one's happy.
    This last weekend I was yelled at by a woman for not ringing my bell while descending a bike only downhill trail. I just said have a nice day and got back up to speed. I don't own a bell.

The trail mrsjm2e and I built over the last 2 winters was finally discovered by the shuttle crew. Now we find out how sustainable or build is. Hoping to build another trail next winter instead of doing a bunch of maintenance on this one.

However many are in a shit ton.

Why do I keep seeing people riding techy mtb trails on gravel bikes? I ran into 4 different people awkwardly picking their way down some gravity trails today on drop bar bikes today. One lady was on a touring bike with panniers and was freaking out trying to riding a skinny bridge.

Is this a thing now?

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Is this a thing now?
    THEY call it underbiking.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    I honestly thought "underbiking" was a kind of a tongue in cheek thing to poke fun at the endless sub genres of biking.

Turns out its a real thing.

Goddamnit.

I heard and saw from above riders throwing rocks off of a techy section of trail today. Making a scene.

Caught up to them, dude and his lady on nice xc bikes, nice kits, etc. Lady was walking her bike, sees me coming and decides to get on and try to ride ahead of me. So I gotta stop because I don’t want to ride my brakes behind her.

My riding partner and I made fun of them the rest of our ride.

Nearly killed two people hiking up a designated downhill-only trail.

Shimano Fucking Cassettes. Specifically 12-speed mountain.

FIRST- they don't have a cohesive sprocket spider that holds all the cogs, ok I get it, but could you sell the cogs individually? NOPE The tiny cogs are the ones that wear the fastest along with the big aluminum one. I recently bent several of my small cog teeth being an ape, and now I have to buy a new cassette even though its got tons of life left in it.

SECOND-- they make them have 2 different sized loose spacers? which is idiotic. Every time I take a cassette off to clean the cogs I have to look up a YouTube video that explains which spacer goes where.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Shimano Fucking Cassettes. Specifically 12-speed mountain.

FIRST- they don't have a cohesive sprocket spider that holds all the cogs, ok I get it, but could you sell the cogs individually? NOPE The tiny cogs are the ones that wear the fastest along with the big aluminum one. I recently bent several of my small cog teeth being an ape, and now I have to buy a new cassette even though its got tons of life left in it.

SECOND-- they make them have 2 different sized loose spacers? which is idiotic. Every time I take a cassette off to clean the cogs I have to look up a YouTube video that explains which spacer goes where.
    Regarding the second point--you can figure it out by looking at them. Spacing between each cog is supposed to be the same, so the thick spacer goes between the two flat sides, the thin spacer goes next to the cog with a little bit of a flange (flange+thin spacer = thick spacer)

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    It's a fun alternative to mtb on relatively boring "flow" trails. Swell>Bitter Route>Evo1/2>Rev and back. Really helps with hand/eye coordination and I have never impeded anyones ride, head on a swivel watching for followers. Always ask nicely if I can pass slow climbers.
    I like a nice rate of climb per mile, keeps me honest

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230529_193110.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	2.18 MB 
ID:	460815

Name:	Screenshot_20230603_175504_Samsung Health.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	355.2 KB 
ID:	460813

Name:	Screenshot_20230603_175452_Samsung Health.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	199.9 KB 
ID:	460814

ps I'm an old fuck
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

It's also a great built in excuse for taking the chicken-lines when out with friends (self handicapping).
    "I would drop that, and have many times, but...this 120 bike, you know...and man, this 67 degree HTA is sketchy…”
    Last edited by rideit; 06-03-2023 at 09:03 PM.