Page 66 of 238 FirstFirst ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 5949
    That’s the trend in this years/next years ski clothing, too, neutrals and earth tones. It’s the whipsaw from the skittles era...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

What’s up with the photography in Bike magazine? I started noticing the trend a few issues ago. All of the photos are super dark. Like dark enough that it’s sometimes hard to pick out anything other than the subject. New trend?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Dark and desaturated, so hot right now.

Had been wondering why I seemed to have missed some issues of Bike. Sounds like they've gone down to 6 issues a year and will be putting more focus on digital content. Maybe I missed it, but you'd think that is something they would tell subscribers?

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Had been wondering why I seemed to have missed some issues of Bike. Sounds like they've gone down to 6 issues a year and will be putting more focus on digital content. Maybe I missed it, but you'd think that is something they would tell subscribers?
    I got an email from them saying that they were reducing the number of issues to 4 per year but each issue would be larger.

Last issue I got wasn't any larger or better. Guessing it won't exist at all in a couple more years.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Guessing it won't exist at all in a couple more years.

This explains why the photos are slowly fading to black....

I was prepared to bitch and moan about installing internally routed brake lines on my new frame but I set up last night and it wasn't terrible.

Maybe so, but there's still no non-aesthetic reason internal routing should exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Maybe so, but there's still no non-aesthetic reason internal routing should exist.
    This. Which makes it all the more irritating...

Anyone have anything they'd like to rant about?

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    This explains why the photos are slowly fading to black....
    My theory is that they are working through the stages of grief. Got the photo annual, comparatively less than half the pages of previous annuals. Anymore I prefer reading Freehub.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    This. Which makes it all the more irritating...
    Word, it's the current centuries version of bottom bracket mounted brakes.

Damn it, you're right. Looks clean though.

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Word, it's the current centuries version of bottom bracket mounted brakes.
    That was a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    That was a thing?
    Still is.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBBrake.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	296882

Guide brakes. Why the hell have they not changed those? They're all high on the better properties of DOT vs mineral, but they're brakes suck compared to Shimano.

On that note, anybody have the TRP's? My bud is running those now and digs 'em. Likes the modulation.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post

On that note, anybody have the TRP's? My bud is running those now and digs 'em. Likes the modulation.
    I messed around on three different bikes with the gwinn ones. All three sets felt vastly different from one another. Ran the gamut from vague mushy bullshit to almost approaching a really crisp feeling engagement.

makes me think bleeding them is difficult
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Massive levers. That’s all I know, but it’s plenty to keep me away. Four fingered braking is so 1990.

However many are in a shit ton.

Guide brakes. Why the hell have they not changed those? They're all high on the better properties of DOT vs mineral, but they're brakes suck compared to Shimano.

Guides have changed for 2020.

Aesthetics count for something, not a whole lot, but something. I guess if the alternative was to route the brake line on the under side of the downtube, internal routing would offer more protection from damaging or puncturing the hose.

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    Aesthetics count for something, not a whole lot, but something.
    Not enough to justify the PITA factor, IMVHO.

I guess if the alternative was to route the brake line on the under side of the downtube, internal routing would offer more protection from damaging or puncturing the hose.
    I can't recall seeing many, if any, bikes that routed cables/hoses on the underside of the downtube. You've seen a lot more frames than I have, though.

Do you guys charge extra for a brake install on a frame with internal routing? It's a conspiracy!

You have to be the youngest "old man" I've ever met. Luddite.

Do you guys charge extra for a brake install on a frame with internal routing? It's a conspiracy!
    I guess it kinda depends. Most the brands we deal with now have internal tubes for cables and hoses that make it a no-brainer. Internal or external, when installing a new brake the hose generally need to be trimmed to keep it looking tight, so disconnecting at the lever and bleeding is all par for the course.

<snip>

I can't recall seeing many, if any, bikes that routed cables/hoses on the underside of the downtube.
    Specialized used to do this sort of horseshit regularly. Fucking Specialized...

Guides have changed for 2020.
    Isn't that what people say every year?

Seriously. People bitch about how much they suck. Oh, but wait the new 20xx models fix all those issues, they're amazing! Reviewers rave about them. Then actual riders get some hours on them. Within months everyone is bitching about them again.

I'll take guides over shimanos any day of the week. Shimanos don't hold a bleed, have shit for modulation, and the bite point is different every time I pull the lever.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    You have to be the youngest "old man" I've ever met. Luddite.
    Says the SSer....

To be clear, I don't actually take any of this seriously. Though I am a bit jaded after setting up the kiddo's Clash.