Page 98 of 247 FirstFirst ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 6158
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Cunts who aren't good enough to ride my shitty trails. They just need to get better or buy an ebike so they can be the full package asshole.
    Came across a trio of e-bikers last weekend starting up one of my trails. I make a comment about there mopeds and was told to fuck off. Watched them climb the trail from the other side of the canyon. Each of them was 3 for 3 having to dismount and walk up the minor technical spots on the climb. The trails only get harder after they rode out of sight.

Ftr I have nothing against ebikes or ebiker's in general. Assholes are assholes on any bike. Although, to your point, I'm sure there will be many that think the ebike will just take them up the trail. Even if they were on a motocross bike they wouldn't make it without some practiced skills. So many just want the easy way out.

Yup. But that's the kind of person e-bikes tend to attract. Lazy and clueless. And assholes. When told ebikes aren't allowed: "This is a class 1 ebike, it's allowed everywhere" "I have a disabled placard" even though he's not disabled. Isn't using a fake disabled placard to ride an ebike right up there with using one to park in a disabled parking spot? Behavior on the trail usually comes off more clueless than assholish, aside from the above.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Yup. But that's the kind of person e-bikes tend to attract. Lazy and clueless. And assholes. When told ebikes aren't allowed: "This is a class 1 ebike, it's allowed everywhere" "I have a disabled placard" even though he's not disabled. Isn't using a fake disabled placard to ride an ebike right up there with using one to park in a disabled parking spot? Behavior on the trail usually comes off more clueless than assholish, aside from the above.
    You need some stickers.Name:  15899336232780.jpeg
Views: 708
Size:  34.8 KB
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

What's funny is one of our riding areas abuts this cranky old lady's house. My mtn biking friends place of business happens to be right next door so he walks out there for a quick break or lunch...whatever. He was out there walking and hears her yelling at him from behind, "you can't be out there and tell all those people on mopeds they can't either!!!"

Of course "mopeds" have been an ongoing joke with everyone that rides out there and it was before the ebike thing had any real market share.

Came across a trio of e-bikers last weekend starting up one of my trails.
    Can you define how you're using the term "My Trail"?

Is it:

a. On your privately owned land?
    b. One you built by yourself, with your own hands, but in a public location?

we were on our way to a trail in Whistler yesterday, 3 of us, caught up to two older women hikers on the gated FSR, first rider says "two more behind" at which they audibly scoff "uggggh, of course"....little did they know that 2 of us are the ones that actually worked and lobbied to get the trail and network they were going to back in a useable state after years of being overgrown and neglected, classic!

Quote Originally Posted by XtrPickels View Post
    Can you define how you're using the term "My Trail"?

Is it:

a. On your privately owned land?
    b. One you built by yourself, with your own hands, but in a public location?
    Built and maintained by myself and friends. Private land. The "my" part is pretty irrelevant except that we purposely routed the trail through as many spots as possible that were rocky and had no possibility for cheater line formation. So it was amusing to see the e-bikers walk every single one of them.

Built and maintained by myself and friends. Private land. The "my" part is pretty irrelevant except that we purposely routed the trail through as many spots as possible that were rocky and had no possibility for cheater line formation. So it was amusing to see the e-bikers walk every single one of them.
    I love it!
    Answer: C, both A and B.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    I love it!
    Answer: C, both A and B.

Definitely didn't predict the "C" option...

Built and maintained by myself and friends. Private land.
    Seems with this info you could have told them to just fuck right off and don't come back, couldn't you?

once burned twice shy... no need to kick them out if the difficulty level induces self deportation.

Private land does not mean his private land. I've build a lot on private, not my private land.

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    we were on our way to a trail in Whistler yesterday, 3 of us, caught up to two older women hikers on the gated FSR, first rider says "two more behind" at which they audibly scoff "uggggh, of course"....little did they know that 2 of us are the ones that actually worked and lobbied to get the trail and network they were going to back in a useable state after years of being overgrown and neglected, classic!
    Hey Todd, most of the riders in the Sea2Sky know what you've done for the MTB/Trail community, and super appreciate it. All done with no ego or sense of entitlement.

Yup. But that's the kind of person e-bikes tend to attract. Lazy and clueless. And assholes.
    You could replace “e-bikes” with “snowboards” and pull this directly out of a crusty old debate from 15-20 years ago.

However many are in a shit ton.

^^^ I heard those snowboards are dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Private land does not mean his private land. I've build a lot on private, not my private land.
    Correct. Not my land. Landowner didn't give us permission up front but is ok with the trails now. The only users they actively try to keep out are motos and 4x4s. So unfortunately can't tell the e-bikers to F off. Well, I could, but they'd probably tell me to F off right back.

I'm mostly hoping they didn't have fun on their hike and won't come back. Two ways to do a loop from where they are. One is a techy descent down a boulder strewn hill, using as many boulders as possible for features. A lot of riders are seen walking down that. The other way is more xc ish but also has some tech moments. But seems like lots of riders don't know it's there and I definitely wasn't gonna tell these guys about it. None of this is on TF or MTB Project.

The guy in town renting class 2 e-bikes to tourists and telling them the local trail system has motorized single track, but doesn't provide a map or tell them that most of the trails are nonmotarized.

Fucking Administrators arguing with me that a surgical case is safe to be done at an outpatient center. Like your fucking MBA gives you medical knowledge. Aaaaaaahhhhhhh

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Some guy puts up a video on YouTube of one of our local unsanctioned trails, set to public, with the name of the location. One of my friends links me the videos rightfully concerned (more that we don't want traffic, we know the park knows about them but looks the other way). I recognize a rider in front of him and message him. He's like, goddamnit, I told him not to do that. Filmer in question responds by retitling the video and taking the location off, but still leaving it public.

It's not like he's some fucking gnar shredder either, who needs content for clicks on his channel. In the video, the rides off the trail around some really small doubles. He rolls every jump. He doesn't lean over at all for the berms. He completely misses the entrance to the second half of the trail (after it crosses a fire road) and just rides offline.

Shit man, just flag it as unlisted if you want to share unsanctioned trails with your friends. It's not hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    Some guy puts up a video on YouTube of one of our local unsanctioned trails, set to public, with the name of the location. One of my friends links me the videos rightfully concerned (more that we don't want traffic, we know the park knows about them but looks the other way). I recognize a rider in front of him and message him. He's like, goddamnit, I told him not to do that. Filmer in question responds by retitling the video and taking the location off, but still leaving it public.

It's not like he's some fucking gnar shredder either, who needs content for clicks on his channel. In the video, the rides off the trail around some really small doubles. He rolls every jump. He doesn't lean over at all for the berms. He completely misses the entrance to the second half of the trail (after it crosses a fire road) and just rides offline.

Shit man, just flag it as unlisted if you want to share unsanctioned trails with your friends. It's not hard.
    Tell your acquaintance to get fucking shitty with the guy. That's a bunch of bullshit right there.

So where’s that at?

Now I want to find that Youtube vid

you can always sick the minions on his comments there.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Fuck it, have at him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-dT...ature=youtu.be

Apparently his defense to the other guy was saying, "Well there's another video up that some teenager put up back in June."

Fuck it, have at him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-dT...ature=youtu.be

Apparently his defense to the other guy was saying, "Well there's another video up that some teenager put up back in June."
    Shit if I were riding this way I sure wouldn't want it documented all over YT...
    Nice trail, I was expecting something much more raw and narrow for an unsanctioned, you guys put some work into it!
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Hahaha, thanks.