Page 98 of 100 FirstFirst ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 2495
  1. #2426
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    5,927
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    And let's not forget that trail-building, in general, is a COMPLETELY thankless job.
    Agreed. This was more rain and ride that destroyed the berm. It’s not a green anymore. But yeah 12th st bike park builders do great work


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

    So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....


    Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

    8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16

    2018/2019 (24/32)

  2. #2427
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    12,733
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    And let's not forget that trail-building, in general, is a COMPLETELY thankless job.
    I don't disagree at all, but it's a lot easier to just not build a berm in the first place than build a bad one.

  3. #2428
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hell Track
    Posts
    9,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I don't disagree at all, but it's a lot easier to just not build a berm in the first place than build a bad one.
    I mean, you can always just ride the corner inside of the berm. Then you're riding it like you would if the shitty berm wasn't there at all.

  4. #2429
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    12,733
    Well, yeah. But I still feel bad for the poor soul who busted their balls for nothing.

  5. #2430
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ogden
    Posts
    6,210
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    And let's not forget that trail-building, in general, is a COMPLETELY thankless job.
    Ha, speaking of things to rant about. The people who are actually mad that you are working on the trail. Everyone who doesn't have a shovel in their hand is an expert and a critic, or you are messing up their ride.

  6. #2431
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    5,759
    Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Ha, speaking of things to rant about. The people who are actually mad that you are working on the trail. Everyone who doesn't have a shovel in their hand is an expert and a critic, or you are messing up their ride.
    Yeah... I like to refer to that as the "sanitation lamentation" - whining about EVERY bit of trail maintenance as a way to make their GNAR-BRO trail a dirt sidewalk.

  7. #2432
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Making the Bowl Great Again
    Posts
    12,467
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    That's the thing - tough to build a proper berm into a sidehill that both finishes well and drains well.

    Which doesn't change the fact that lots of people build shitty berms just out of laziness. But still, even if they weren't lazy, building the berm right is trickier than just stacking more dirt.
    The thing is...there are a fuckton of really good berms in your area. Do you remember what they are like down here? Sadness-inducing.

  8. #2433
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Missoula
    Posts
    1,503
    Was it here that I heard this joke?

    How do you piss off a mountain biker?



    Build him a trail

  9. #2434
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    United States of Aburdistan
    Posts
    6,767
    Dropped my bike off to the bike shop in late May. Got a phone call yesterday that it was ready for pick up.


    COVID delays on parts, spacers for the new wheel....

  10. #2435
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Making the Bowl Great Again
    Posts
    12,467
    I have literally nothing to say, but:

    https://twitter.com/GriffinMalone6/s...31733292077058

  11. #2436
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Treading Water
    Posts
    4,986
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    And let's not forget that trail-building, in general, is a COMPLETELY thankless job.
    I always need to remember to clarify whether I’m bitching about paid trail building or bandit/local trail building. I’ve got a lot of patience for locals outing in their own time. And if I want it done my way I need to get out there and dig.

    Most of my angst right now is focused on bike parks building shitty trails and not fixing them when it turns out they’re shitty. Or the local stoner bro turned professional trail builder on an excavator who wants the same pass as dedicated volunteers when he makes a wet/dangerous/uphill/unsustainable feature. Sorry bro, just like the guy building playground equipment for the city park, if you do a shitty job that you were paid thousands of dollars for, we’re gonna let you know and expect you to fix it.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Lots of Cream, Lots of Sugar

  12. #2437
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    5,527
    Cunts who aren't good enough to ride my shitty trails. They just need to get better or buy an ebike so they can be the full package asshole.

  13. #2438
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    We used to call them Meeker turns.
    Lol, I never thought I’d read the phrase “meeker turns” on the interwebs.

  14. #2439
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cuntecticut
    Posts
    1,638
    Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Berm with basketball sized pokey rocks that took me out. On a green run!!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Ugh. Welcome to "berms" in my locale. So. Much. Fucking. Rock.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

  15. #2440
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    432
    Spokane held a bike race this week on our in-town hill. So many little shits pushing their bikes off trail up switchbacks because they're too rad of DH racers to learn how to ride uphill, creating social trails and tromping down vegetation. Not to mention I have no idea how this race passed the Wa state regs on gatherings, there were huge groups of plague rats running around the hill.

  16. #2441
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    2,135
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Cunts who aren't good enough to ride my shitty trails. They just need to get better or buy an ebike so they can be the full package asshole.
    Came across a trio of e-bikers last weekend starting up one of my trails. I make a comment about there mopeds and was told to fuck off. Watched them climb the trail from the other side of the canyon. Each of them was 3 for 3 having to dismount and walk up the minor technical spots on the climb. The trails only get harder after they rode out of sight.

  17. #2442
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    5,527
    Ftr I have nothing against ebikes or ebiker's in general. Assholes are assholes on any bike. Although, to your point, I'm sure there will be many that think the ebike will just take them up the trail. Even if they were on a motocross bike they wouldn't make it without some practiced skills. So many just want the easy way out.

  18. #2443
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    2,135
    Yup. But that's the kind of person e-bikes tend to attract. Lazy and clueless. And assholes. When told ebikes aren't allowed: "This is a class 1 ebike, it's allowed everywhere" "I have a disabled placard" even though he's not disabled. Isn't using a fake disabled placard to ride an ebike right up there with using one to park in a disabled parking spot? Behavior on the trail usually comes off more clueless than assholish, aside from the above.

  19. #2444
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tahoe-ish
    Posts
    988
    Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Yup. But that's the kind of person e-bikes tend to attract. Lazy and clueless. And assholes. When told ebikes aren't allowed: "This is a class 1 ebike, it's allowed everywhere" "I have a disabled placard" even though he's not disabled. Isn't using a fake disabled placard to ride an ebike right up there with using one to park in a disabled parking spot? Behavior on the trail usually comes off more clueless than assholish, aside from the above.
    You need some stickers.Name:  15899336232780.jpeg
Views: 488
Size:  34.8 KB
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

  20. #2445
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    5,527
    What's funny is one of our riding areas abuts this cranky old lady's house. My mtn biking friends place of business happens to be right next door so he walks out there for a quick break or lunch...whatever. He was out there walking and hears her yelling at him from behind, "you can't be out there and tell all those people on mopeds they can't either!!!"

    Of course "mopeds" have been an ongoing joke with everyone that rides out there and it was before the ebike thing had any real market share.

  21. #2446
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Boulder
    Posts
    5,286
    Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Came across a trio of e-bikers last weekend starting up one of my trails.
    Can you define how you're using the term "My Trail"?

    Is it:

    a. On your privately owned land?
    b. One you built by yourself, with your own hands, but in a public location?

  22. #2447
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    bestcoast
    Posts
    1,633
    we were on our way to a trail in Whistler yesterday, 3 of us, caught up to two older women hikers on the gated FSR, first rider says "two more behind" at which they audibly scoff "uggggh, of course"....little did they know that 2 of us are the ones that actually worked and lobbied to get the trail and network they were going to back in a useable state after years of being overgrown and neglected, classic!

  23. #2448
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    2,135
    Quote Originally Posted by XtrPickels View Post
    Can you define how you're using the term "My Trail"?

    Is it:

    a. On your privately owned land?
    b. One you built by yourself, with your own hands, but in a public location?
    Built and maintained by myself and friends. Private land. The "my" part is pretty irrelevant except that we purposely routed the trail through as many spots as possible that were rocky and had no possibility for cheater line formation. So it was amusing to see the e-bikers walk every single one of them.

  24. #2449
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Livingston, MT
    Posts
    1,236
    Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Built and maintained by myself and friends. Private land. The "my" part is pretty irrelevant except that we purposely routed the trail through as many spots as possible that were rocky and had no possibility for cheater line formation. So it was amusing to see the e-bikers walk every single one of them.
    I love it!
    Answer: C, both A and B.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  25. #2450
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Boulder
    Posts
    5,286
    Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    I love it!
    Answer: C, both A and B.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Definitely didn't predict the "C" option...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •