Page 7 of 238 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    When you bust horrible ass-farts on an empty trail after not seeing anyone for an hour, THEN 2 seconds later a hot girl goes by and smiles at you, going other way.

I bet that smile faded very quick.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I've heard the Ebikes are lacking on the downhill... something about the weight distribution. Could be nonsense though but I've read that in several places.
    depends on the bike.. the ones I've ridden are ridiculously fun, albeit a little heavy on the down.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    When you bust horrible ass-farts on an empty trail after not seeing anyone for an hour, THEN 2 seconds later a hot girl goes by and smiles at you, going other way.

I bet that smile faded very quick.
    Haha been there done that 😀

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    I don't get this joy out of busting my lungs and sweating my balls off on long grueling climbs. Fuck that. I get my joy from charging downhill.Give me a 1000m climb up a gravel road that comes back down on killer trail and I'm totally ready to consider a 6-7" travel e-bike. I'm not looking to barrrrap my way down the mountain, gravity does just fine with that. As long as the bike handles like a mountain bike, I'll ride it.
    Why not a Shuttle Buddy, then? Quick up, no compromises on the decent. Biggest downside is that it's loud.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

the wind sucks...i hate the wind and sometimes tell it so. especially on a long exposed descent. cross wind, tail wind, headwind...it all is garbage and should go back to the farm.
    bumps are for poor people

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    When you bust horrible ass-farts on an empty trail after not seeing anyone for an hour
    Quote Originally Posted by westoxified View Post
    the wind sucks...i hate the wind and sometimes tell it so. especially on a long exposed descent. cross wind, tail wind, headwind...it all is garbage and should go back to the farm.
    Tail winds especially
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Anyone have anything they'd like to rant about?

Almost all of shimanos mtb shoes have a middle strap that goes towards the drivetrain. It hits the crank arm on every pedals stroke.

Can't anybody make a full finger glove that fits well anymore? Fukn short thumb bullshit is really starting to bug me

When did Five Ten decide that people who clip in get straps, but people who ride flats don't get straps? I want to keep my laces covered too. Fukkers.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Montana Wilderness Association. Scumbags. /rant

Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    Montana Wilderness Association. Scumbags. /rant
    fact.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Can't anybody make a full finger glove that fits well anymore? Fukn short thumb bullshit is really starting to bug me
    Kinco pig skin work gloves. I had some made out of Elk that work good too for winter riding.

Ha I thought I was the only one with long thumbs, annoying for sure can't size up because the rest of the glove will be too big

Try the Leatt gloves. They're the least snug of any glove I've ridden.

Summit County Clerk! 45 minutes to vote and I was in one of the first 10 spots in line. I'd hate to consider how long the lines must be now!!

It kinda bothers me that I am unable to watch a Sam Hill edit or read an article about him without mention of his choice of pedals.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin267 View Post
    Ha I thought I was the only one with long thumbs, annoying for sure can't size up because the rest of the glove will be too big
    I never thought I did until the last two years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Try the Leatt gloves. They're the least snug of any glove I've ridden.
    Thanks, have to see if I can find them to try on. I saw some Alpinestars that weren't bad too.

[RANT] Rolling up behind a runner, asking 3 times nicely to pass and finally rolling up right on her ass and yelling loudly asking to pass only to have her tell me to slow down, fuck you lady, turn your god damn music down so you can hear someone rolling up behind you without having to yell at you. [/RANT]
    Last edited by mtnjam; 11-14-2016 at 01:54 PM. Reason: ain't got good grammar

^^ THIS. Huge pet peeve of mine.

People who descend de facto climbing routes, rather than taking a parallel downhill-only trail that takes you to the same place. Had the pleasure of watching a dude doing this crash into a tree yesterday (no injuries).

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    [RANT] Rolling up behind a runner, asking 3 times nicely to pass and finally rolling up right on her ass and yelling loudly asking to pass only to have her tell me to slow down, fuck you lady, turn your god damn music down so you can hear someone rolling up behind you without them having to yell at you. [/RANT]
    How about when they finally do figure out that you're there and keep walking in the middle of the trail? Two weeks ago I rolled up behind two women with headphones and after letting them know I was there a few times they finally saw my shadow and turned around. At that point I had already gotten off the bike and was walking and they started preaching to me that I am supposed to yield to them. I said that obviously I had already done that and they said thanks then turned around and kept walking down the middle of the trail side by side. A quarter mile later when we got to the next trail junction they finally stepped aside but they refused to let me by until then. I almost lost it...

You guys live in some weird places. Maybe it's different here because the trails mountain bikers mostly ride would not be there at all if it weren't for mountain bikers?

I would guess mountain bike only, downhill only trails are the rarity outside of bike parks or private land. Around here everything is multi-use and 2-way.

Anyone have anything they'd like to rant about?

Ya riding today a a mostly downhill trail but w some uphillers on occasion. Came around a turn and saw someone coming and pulled over as fast as I could and stopped a few feet before we crossed. Not a lot of room and the dude managed to pogo on a rock right into me. I said sorry about that just out of reflex more than anything and he says...
    Uphillers have right of way!
    No shit, asswipe. That's why I pulled over. Grrrrrr

In the history of mountain biking, has anyone ever benefitted from these stupid little fuckers? I install them about 50% of the time because I'm a mindless drone.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EeTJD.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	1,007.4 KB 
ID:	192568
    However many are in a shit ton.