Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 70 71 72 73 74 75
Results 1,851 to 1,867 of 1867
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    So I'm guessing that you really love Kenda products.
    I must have worded that poorly.

Kenda is the dogshit on the shoe of the bike industry that real tire companies can't seem to get off their shoe because people equate their products to kenda's, like they're in the same universe or something.

the plastic wheels on a kids bigwheel or green machine are more thought out, and more durable than the tripe kenda sells as 'tires'

Kenda tire casings are the shitty peeling lead paint that gives your family cancer, which in this case manifests itself as money wasted a latex bukakke is created every time you hit a rock at speed with a kenda tire

If you abuse children and go to hell when you die, you get a free aftelifetime supply of kenda tires. Because at that point you deserve it.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    It's probably been brought up before somewhere in the past 73 pages but I had my first experience with internal brake routing today (building up a new frame) - what a pain. What product marketing genius thought it was a good idea to run hydraulic hoses internally through 5mm ports. After two hours of trying to pull the hose through the downtube port I was considering just wrapping zip ties around the downtube and chainstay and running it externally. Finally got it with some help from a spare barb, string, and a bunch of rubbing alcohol to lube things up. If it ever needs to be replaced I'm just going to buy a new frame with external routing (or take it to a shop and let them deal with it).
    Some brands (Santa Cruz for one, not sure who else) apparently have guide tubes inside the frame that make it real easy. Anyone not doing that needs to do it or go back to external. My son's Clash was a rather large PITA. It also has enough chainstay growth that if you keep sufficient slack in the rear brake hose the hose bows inward and rubs on the spokes, so I have to ziptie it to the chainstay. WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Donít the new Spot frames have internal routing for cables and external routing for the rear brake hose?
    Rid Egg FTW with internal routing that is actually intelligent:

The only downside of the GG cables is that they're all on the left. Forces the dropper cable into a funny angle. I still think it's the best solution I've seen though.

What is this thing?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ggthinggy.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	148.0 KB 
ID:	303664

Itís to attach one of these... you can also fit a shorter 15oz bottle there.

https://ridegg.com/frame-storage-bracket

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

NUTS bracket (necessities under the saddle). Makes it easier to strap a tube, multi-tool, etc to the frame.

Between the cable routing, the frame storage bracket, the flippable head tube, and the modular frame / seatstay things, the GG frames are bringing a lot to the table. Lots of "why didn't I think of that?" types of improvements.

Cool. Those guys do a lot of impressively clever stuff.

Is the frame storage bracket spaced the same as a water bottle cage? Like, could I use it on a different frame instead of a water bottle?
    If you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it tubeless, I will. I got spare time.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Is the frame storage bracket spaced the same as a water bottle cage? Like, could I use it on a different frame instead of a water bottle?
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty nice. I've got water bottle bolts on my Tracer that are too close to the shock to ever have a bottle on them. I have a bottle cage with one of those shimano half-bottle storage things (below), but this would fit in the space better.

Name:  s-l640.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  11.2 KB

This is the rant thread. Less goo goo more rage
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Name:  s-l640.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  11.2 KB
    Name:  OH-AND-YOU.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  14.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    This is the rant thread. Less goo goo more rage
    When I swapped the fork on my GG, the lower headset flippy cup fell out. It was mildly inconvenient. I'm still recovering from that experience.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    The only downside of the GG cables is that they're all on the left. Forces the dropper cable into a funny angle. I still think it's the best solution I've seen though.
    Yeah. On my GG I've had my dropper cable get bound up. I had to fiddle around with the brake hose and the cables for a while before I got the dropper to work again.

now we're cookin with fire