Page 69 of 238 FirstFirst ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 5949
    Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Yep, original Fox lever which came with the post. I've been keeping an eye on the cable which has had a couple of loose strands pretty much from day 1. Now all of a sudden I'm down to 3 strands holding the thing together and it shits the bed. $70 made me gag a bit but I remembered we were talking about mountain biking here and the fact that it's only a 2-digit price is a already a victory...
    Hopefully the Wolf works with my crooked thumb.
    I've got WTs on both of my Transfers and they're better than the Fox lever in pretty much every way.

Saturday AM, last good day to ride up high in the Wasatch before the snow, and I manage to oversleep and get to the TH at 10:30 with snowpocalypse forecasted for noon. I hop on the bike, hit the dropper remote, and end up with 7 different strands of cable stuck in my thumb while the seat remains down. Great start. I carry a spare shifter cable for that very reason and get to work while watching rider after rider go by. The new cable has 1 loose strand which prevents in from threading into the housing properly. I fight with it forever and finally get it all the way to the remote without it coming completely undone. I tigthen the fucker as well as I can by hand and start taking up the slag with the barrel adjuster... which promptly shears off from the remote after 1 full turn. By that point I'm losing it, the cable is running into the remote at a weird angle, makes it super hard to actuate the remote and there's just enough slack that the dropper moves up a a glacial pace. I figure I'll try to tighten the cable by hand one more time but if it fails I'll ride with the seat up and deal with it... then proceed to strip the size 1.5 hex-head that holds the cable in place. I stood there for another 5 minutes trying to figure out the least shitty way to deal with the situation and it started raining. Went home and bought a Wolftooth remote. $70 and no miles ridden.
    Don't know whether to laugh or cry...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Don't know whether to laugh or cry...
    I did both. Tears of frustration followed by the maniacal laughter of someone who has realized the universe won't let him ride that day...

Saturday AM, last good day to ride up high in the Wasatch before the snow, and I manage to oversleep and get to the TH at 10:30 with snowpocalypse forecasted for noon. I hop on the bike, hit the dropper remote, and end up with 7 different strands of cable stuck in my thumb while the seat remains down. Great start. I carry a spare shifter cable for that very reason and get to work while watching rider after rider go by. The new cable has 1 loose strand which prevents in from threading into the housing properly. I fight with it forever and finally get it all the way to the remote without it coming completely undone. I tigthen the fucker as well as I can by hand and start taking up the slag with the barrel adjuster... which promptly shears off from the remote after 1 full turn. By that point I'm losing it, the cable is running into the remote at a weird angle, makes it super hard to actuate the remote and there's just enough slack that the dropper moves up a a glacial pace. I figure I'll try to tighten the cable by hand one more time but if it fails I'll ride with the seat up and deal with it... then proceed to strip the size 1.5 hex-head that holds the cable in place. I stood there for another 5 minutes trying to figure out the least shitty way to deal with the situation and it started raining. Went home and bought a Wolftooth remote. $70 and no miles ridden.

Brutal. Good job not murdering some random beater just to burn off the frustration. At least you ended up with best lever on the market. I’ve got it on two bikes. Flawless.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Putting on those fiddly assed wolf tooth levers sucks ass. There. I said it.

Really? It was super simple for me and a huge improvement over the OEM race face lever I had.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Wait, what? What part is fiddly? Tightening the set screw, crimping the end, or using the barrel adjuster?

Operator error.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

The one bolt that both sets the position of the lever, and tightens the clamp. Go ahead and take yours off. Then post a video of you putting it back on and adjusting it.

Try it Nao
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

The one bolt that both sets the position of the lever, and tightens the clamp. Go ahead and take yours off. Then post a video of you putting it back on and adjusting it.
    I feel like you’re describing the SouthPaw

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Yeah, now that's fiddly.

The lever does sort of come apart with the clamp bolt on the WT, but it's keyed together well enough that it's all held in place well before it gets tight.

My shop handed me one of these to live in my pack. It's called a Reverb.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Definitely more reliable than an actual Reverb.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    My shop have me 26 inch wheels and a 3x9 drivetrain.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post

equally fiddly

You've just forgotten about the wolf tooth because you probably haven't touched it in a while. Go ahead. Take that bolt out........heh heh
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

equally fiddly

You've just forgotten about the wolf tooth because you probably haven't touched it in a while. Go ahead. Take that bolt out........heh heh
    I swapped handlebars like a week ago. The WT one is fine.

It's a bit crazy to me that the cable snapped in the first place. The load/tension required for dropper actuation is nothing compared to moving your RD up your cassette.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    It's a bit crazy to me that the cable snapped in the first place. The load/tension required for dropper actuation is nothing compared to moving your RD up your cassette.
    Paging Puregravity to the snapped cable mystery phone.

The problem is that the shitty Fox lever clamps the cable with a set screw, so it frays. Derailleurs don't ever do that, because it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    I swapped handlebars like a week ago. The WT one is fine.
    Says the guy definitely not posting a video
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    The problem is that the shitty Fox lever clamps the cable with a set screw, so it frays. Derailleurs don't ever do that, because it sucks.
    This. Had I not been lazy I'd have changed the cable when I first noticed the fraying right outside of the set screw... but I used the same logic as DTM and figured there will never be enough tension on that cable to break. Famous last words.

Says the guy definitely not posting a video
    Imma send you video of my taint if you keep it up.

Wait that came out wrong.

Imma send you video of my taint if you don't knock it off.

Wait, shit...

Suffering through the worse cold I've had in a few years - of course the weather has been unseasonably warm bright and dry. Should be back to cold and rainy in a few days..

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Suffering through the worse cold I've had in a few years - of course the weather has been unseasonably warm bright and dry. Should be back to cold and rainy in a few days..
    Right in time for you to feel better I bet. I'm having a similar issue with my back, it only hurts during spells of good weather...