Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Now show us your 0.5 nm one.
    "Officer I was only going 250 MPH."
    "Yes I know, but its a 25 MPH zone"

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    "Officer I was only going 250 MPH."
    "Yes I know, but its a 25 MPH zone"
    details details...

I mean, what's one factor of magnitude amongst friends.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    No argument on the reverb. And their drivetrains are fine, but leave plenty of room for improvement.

But guides have better modulation than xt's, better adjustability than xt's, and sram has the best bleed system in the industry. Which isn't to say they don't still have their problems, but they're still waaay better than any shimano brake I've ever ridden. And codes are better than guides, so there's that.

The only thing shimanos are better at is locking up your wheels when you shouldn't / don't want to.
    You're kidding about the bleed system right? Srams stupid 2 syringe system is a pita. Shimanos funnel bleed is to easy.

I've been on sram for years until this year and I love my xt brakes will not go back to sram. Took a few rides to get used to the engagement for sure.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Now show us your 0.5 nm one.
    .5Nm eh? Wow, show me that spec. I'll believe it when I see it in print.

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    You're kidding about the bleed system right? Srams stupid 2 syringe system is a pita. Shimanos funnel bleed is to easy.
    You actually like the funnel?

Sram's bleeding edge (I think that's what they call it) with the little fitting for the caliper is the tits. I can under fill or overfill the system as desired, which means I can dial in the lever feel and contact point better than any other brake I've ever used. I haven't seen any other system that lets you close the bleed ports while pressurizing the hydraulic fluid. Plus, I can create a vacuum to suck out any stubborn bubbles in the system. And the system's clean - I don't need to bother pulling the pads when I do a bleed.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Not print, but a digital version?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 12.08.54 PM.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	131.7 KB 
ID:	297472  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2182.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	230.3 KB 
ID:	297490
    One more day left of an amazing season. Almost made it.
    Did it at the end of the World Cup course. Aches like a motherfucker.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

You actually like the funnel?

Sram's bleeding edge (I think that's what they call it) with the little fitting for the caliper is the tits. I can under fill or overfill the system as desired, which means I can dial in the lever feel and contact point better than any other brake I've ever used. I haven't seen any other system that lets you close the bleed ports while pressurizing the hydraulic fluid. Plus, I can create a vacuum to suck out any stubborn bubbles in the system. And the system's clean - I don't need to bother pulling the pads when I do a bleed.
    I don't use their funnel. The local ranch supply store carries animal syringes, one size screws right into the reservoir port.

Other than a Shimano bleed block that I somehow came up with (I have no idea where it came from) all my bleed tools are from the Ranch and Hardware stores.

That does sound slick but I am and have been an XT fanboy forever.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Not print, but a digital version?
    Wtf! I guess I won't quit my day job.
    Thanks

Jm2e...bummer...heal up man!

https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/pro...leed-screw-t25

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    Ya, just throw those fucking brakes out.

Ya, just throw those fucking brakes out.
    Nah, just don’t use your 5 NM torque wrench on them.

I stripped about 4 of those. Heated a slot screwdriver and melted in a slot to do a work around, then bought 4 extras. When I stripped those I bought XT’s.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I like the Shimano bleed system. Easy.

SRAM / Avid two syringe system, with a bunch of different how-to instructions... not so much.

I won't keep Sram brakes on any bikes anymore, except for their BB7 cable brakes (touring bike). I bought two bikes this season that both came with Sram Guide brakes. Sold both, replaced one with Zee and the other with SLX.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

EBros - last night, local mixed use XC trail. Two young muppets in full DH gear come tearing past me on the uphill, motors buzzing, one of them fully 5 yards off the trail just ripping through the brush...wankers

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousGeorge View Post
    EBros - last night, local mixed use XC trail. Two young muppets in full DH gear come tearing past me on the uphill, motors buzzing, one of them fully 5 yards off the trail just ripping through the brush...wankers

It’s cool, they were probably elderly and physically disabled. Why do you hate freedom?

You can’t legislate asshole.
    Might as well say “I saw some asshole in a lifted truck yesterday. We should ban lifted trucks”. Which, for the record, I’d vote for.

However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    You can’t legislate asshole.
    Might as well say “I saw some asshole in a lifted truck yesterday. We should ban lifted trucks" Which, for the record, I'd vote for
    Yeah but if e-bikes didn't exist, those guys would probably be out somewhere driving around in said lifted truck rather than out cunting up the trails on their e-douchemobiles.

Okay so it's not just here.

ebikes have summed the Kraken from 1998

Kraken = jeans, visorless fullface, kneepads on those jeans, full body armor jackets

Definitely disabled but doesn't seem to be physical in nature.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    <snip>
    Definitely disabled but doesn't seem to be physical in nature.
    I lol'd.

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    It’s cool, they were probably elderly and physically disabled. Why do you hate freedom?

Just fun. E.

I'll take guides over shimanos any day of the week. Shimanos don't hold a bleed, have shit for modulation, and the bite point is different every time I pull the lever.
    Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    Maguras ain’t perfect either. The torx 10 course thread wood screw at the bleed port is easy to strip when threading into their plastic lever (although Magura claims this plastic is some type of hybrid carbon.) And their 4 piston calipers take 4 individual tiny pads. My opinion is the best current alternative to Sram or Shimano is Hayes Dominion A4’s. Those are truly impressive for a number of reasons.

I think Hutchinson is still making pretty good tires, you just don’t see them too much. Plus, they were one of the early pioneers of true tubeless so, respect...
    Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Yeah but if e-bikes didn't exist, those guys would probably be out somewhere driving around in said lifted truck rather than out cunting up the trails on their e-douchemobiles.
    Quoted for truth, and lols.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Saturday AM, last good day to ride up high in the Wasatch before the snow, and I manage to oversleep and get to the TH at 10:30 with snowpocalypse forecasted for noon. I hop on the bike, hit the dropper remote, and end up with 7 different strands of cable stuck in my thumb while the seat remains down. Great start. I carry a spare shifter cable for that very reason and get to work while watching rider after rider go by. The new cable has 1 loose strand which prevents in from threading into the housing properly. I fight with it forever and finally get it all the way to the remote without it coming completely undone. I tigthen the fucker as well as I can by hand and start taking up the slag with the barrel adjuster... which promptly shears off from the remote after 1 full turn. By that point I'm losing it, the cable is running into the remote at a weird angle, makes it super hard to actuate the remote and there's just enough slack that the dropper moves up a a glacial pace. I figure I'll try to tighten the cable by hand one more time but if it fails I'll ride with the seat up and deal with it... then proceed to strip the size 1.5 hex-head that holds the cable in place. I stood there for another 5 minutes trying to figure out the least shitty way to deal with the situation and it started raining. Went home and bought a Wolftooth remote. $70 and no miles ridden.
    Last edited by Boissal; 10-21-2019 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Saturday AM, last good day to ride up high in the Wasatch before the snow, and I manage to oversleep and get to the TH at 10:30 with snowpocalypse forecasted for noon. I hop on the bike, hit the dropper remote, and end up with 7 different strands of cable stuck in my thumb while the seat remains down. Great start. I carry a spare shifter cable for that very reason and get to work while watching rider after rider go by. The new cable has 1 loose strand which prevents in from threading into the housing properly. I fight with it forever and finally get it all the way to the remote without it coming completely undone. I tigthen the fucker as well as I can by hand and start tacking up the slag with the barrel adjuster... which promptly shears off from the remote after 1 full turn. By that point I'm losing it, the cable is running into the remote at a weird angle, makes it super hard to actuate the remote and there's just enough slack that the dropper moves up a a glacial pace. I figure I'll try to tighten the cable by hand one more time but if it fails I'll ride with the seat up and deal with it... then proceed to strip the size 1.5 hex-head that holds the cable in place. I stood there for another 5 minutes trying to figure out what the least shitty was to deal with the situation and it started raining. Went home and bought a Wolftooth remote. $70 and no miles ridden.
    Fox lever?

I like the Transfer a lot, but the lever sucks ass. Anything that uses a set screw to clamp a cable can fuck right off.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Fox lever?

I like the Transfer a lot, but the lever sucks ass. Anything that uses a set screw to clamp a cable can fuck right off.
    Yep, original Fox lever which came with the post. I've been keeping an eye on the cable which has had a couple of loose strands pretty much from day 1. Now all of a sudden I'm down to 3 strands holding the thing together and it shits the bed. $70 made me gag a bit but I remembered we were talking about mountain biking here and the fact that it's only a 2-digit price is a already a victory...
    Hopefully the Wolf works with my crooked thumb.