Page 5 of 238 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Young fit guys on Electric mountain bikes where access could be denied to all bikes...

People who care about some 71 year old guy cruising on an e-bike on their local trails... Lighten up

Anyone have anything they'd like to rant about?

Fucking beaters who won't let my wife pass when she catches up to them. Dudes' weiners are so tiny, they can't possibly handle the notion that a woman can ride a bike faster than them.
    They'll hear a woman's voice, look back over their shoulder to confirm their deepest fears, then try to go faster...but they really can't.....and that's ok...she's good at bikes...she's been riding a very long time and likes to try hard on her bike....just get the fuck out of the way, safely.

Dale Brigham Christiansen just spent his 6th kid's braces fund on his new carbon superbike based on the recos of the fellas down at the Ward, and gosh darn it, he'll root for the Utes before he lets this woman past him.

This kind of shit used to happen in CO regularly, but it's way worse over here in UT. We've actually had guys let me pass, I'll say "1 more" because she's right with me, guy will look over his shoulder, see a woman and not let her by. Then he'll then ride like a spaz right up till he blows a corner and she'll sneak by.

Pro tip: There is always somebody faster than you. Sometimes they'll have different genitalia.
    Last edited by joetron; 11-01-2016 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post
    Young fit guys on Electric mountain bikes where access could be denied to all bikes...

People who care about some 71 year old guy cruising on an e-bike on their local trails... Lighten up
    The 71 year old guy is probably more likely to have less than perfect control of the bike and run into someone. Which isn't doing any favors for access issues.

But if the 71 y/o sticks to moto legal trail, then good on him for getting out.

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    Dale Brigham Christiansen just spent his 6th kid's braces fund on his new carbon superbike based on the recos of the fellas down at the Ward,

heehee
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

the not allowing to pass thing is annoying, but sometimes the male ego is hilarious!

There is this log roll thing on one of our trails that I call the hump because it took me a long time to be able to ride over. Its made a little tricker because you have to go around a tight corner and over a log at an angle right before it.

Its not a massive accomplishment or anything, but one day there was a middle aged guy with shiny new everything that carried his bike over it. I rode right over it, and when I slowed to get past him I told him it took me a long time to be able to ride over it, too..

he says.. ohh well I can, I just have bruised ribs today.

lol. sure, buddy.

Fucking beaters who won't let my wife pass when she catches up to them. Dudes' weiners are so tiny, they can't possibly handle the notion that a woman can ride a bike faster than them.
    They'll hear a woman's voice, look back over their shoulder to confirm their deepest fears, then try to go faster...but they really can't.....and that's ok...she's good at bikes...she's been riding a very long time and likes to try hard on her bike.
    Dale Brigham Christiansen just spent his 6th kid's braces fund on his new carbon superbike based on the recos of the fellas down at the Ward, and gosh darn it, he'll root for the Utes before he lets this woman past him.

This kind of shit used to happen in CO regularly, but it's way worse over here in UT. We've actually had guys let me pass, I'll say "1 more" because she's right with me, guy will look over his shoulder, see a woman and not let her by. Then he'll then ride like a spaz right up till he blows a corner and she'll sneak by.

Pro tip: There is always somebody faster than you. Sometimes they'll have different genitalia.
    Ha, I don't think my wife has to deal with this super often, but I've heard similar complaints from her, up in PC.

One guy broke his arm on a first and last date with her years ago trying to be faster than her. I like that story.

Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    Fucking trail sanitizing, line dumb-downing assholes.
    Ugh, this. We do not really have anything very technical or difficult on the lower and easily accessed stuff around town yet I constantly see roots get cut out, rocks moved out of the way and even a big rock step got hammered/chiseled down.

There is one short little ride up over some roots where someone cleared out a bunch of rocks so you had a smooth ride around. I could go up the thing on my cyclocross bike. A few of us have tried replacing the rocks but they keep getting cleared out.
    Last edited by jamal; 10-31-2016 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    Ugh, this. We do not really have anything very technical or difficult on the lower and easily accessed stuff around town yet I constantly see roots get cut out, rocks moved out of the way and even a big rock step got hammered/chiseled down.

There is one short little ride up over some roots that you can now go around because someone cleared out a bunch of rocks so you had a smooth ride around. I could go up the thing on my cyclocross bike. A few of us have tried replacing the rocks but they keep getting cleared out.
    The grape smuggling crowd rules Missoula with an iron fist.

Quote Originally Posted by rludes025 View Post
    Agreed, sprockets has gotten week. People getting butt hurt when you poke fun or try to have any. Personally I miss the sarcastic asshole comments. I blame the East Coast contingent as well as the Colorado fuckers.... probably the Californians too.
    Now are those plus size memberberries? Or 650b?

They'll hear a woman's voice, look back over their shoulder to confirm their deepest fears, then try to go faster...but they really can't.....and that's ok...she's good at bikes...she's been riding a very long time and likes to try hard on her bike.

Please get her a GoPro and have her buzz these fools tires in the future until they blow up... for the lulz.

sooo annoying
    well I hope that his masculinity was at least shredded since she stayed on his tail
    skid luxury

'Member when mountain biking was hard?

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    'Member when mountain biking was hard?
    Meh

Go the right speed and it still is.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

I keep getting injured. That blows.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    The grape smuggling crowd rules Missoula with an iron fist.
    Hey well as a member of missoula's plum smuggling elite I still don't agree with dumbing down of the trails.

Rattlesnake needs directions, not 2-way signs.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Please get her a GoPro and have her buzz these fools tires in the future until they blow up... for the lulz.
    This.

I don't speak Utah. What's "the Ward"?

Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    Fucking trail sanitizing, line dumb-downing assholes.
    Gah! We have some of this going on in our back yard too...

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    This.

I don't speak Utah. What's "the Ward"?
    You know, several wards make a stake. C'mon man, this is basic.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder Ho View Post
    Oh yeah, thanks a bunch for cleaning out your trailer at the parking lot. That's super awesome.
    A guy I know who has a, um, blunt personality once witnessed some horse riders at a popular local TH show up and shovel out their trailer into the lot and head out. He then shoveled the sizeable pile of horse shit onto the hood of their truck.

That made my day. Sig worthy.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 11-02-2016 at 10:37 AM.

Do Mormons get rad? Or is that up there with coffee and dancing.

They'll hear a woman's voice, look back over their shoulder to confirm their deepest fears, then try to go faster...but they really can't.....and that's ok...she's good at bikes...she's been riding a very long time and likes to try hard on her bike....just get the fuck out of the way, safely.

Oh yes. The classic tiny wiener situation. My real fav is when they try to mount up from a 'rest stop' super quick when they see a girl ripping down the trail to try and 'stay ahead.' Not happening dude.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    You know, several wards make a stake. C'mon man, this is basic.

I've had more blow-your-foot-outta-the peddle, smack-toe-on-big-fuckin-rock, change-direction peddle strikes in the last month than I had in the six months prior
    [/rant]

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    I've had more blow-your-foot-outta-the peddle, smack-toe-on-big-fuckin-rock, change-direction peddle strikes in the last month than I had in the six months prior
    [/rant]
    Time for new pins?
    However many are in a shit ton.