Page 4 of 238 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    I had a Reverb on each of my bikes now I have a rigid post on each one. I'm starting to question if they're even worth it.
    This is inconceivable to me. I guess it depends on the trails you ride but I've literally never heard anyone say they had a dropper and went back to a rigid post.

People that are slower than me going up hill. Get the hell out of my fat ass way. If your slower than me, you suck.

People that are faster than me going up or down hill. What the hell are you trying to prove. I like to get gnarly and I am fast as hell going down hill. If you are faster than me, then you are not in control dammit.

Anyone with handlebars longer than mine. Seriously, are you really such a pansy that your bike suddenly shoots off to the side because you didn't have the leverage to hold on to it?

Moon dust. In park city we had a lot of it this summer and I went through two fork seals. I felt like I was in Moab full time. Every time I go there that crap eats my bike.

Guys in Spandex. It seems like a significant portion of the guys that are slower than me, or faster than me are in spandex, and I don't need to see your out of shape or crazy out of control ass. Seriously, Mountain bike shorts exists for a reason, and it is the male anatomy. TGR even named their most recent movie after mountain bike shorts. Get with the program!

Last but certainly not least, Vail. Why, because ski season is almost here and I need to warm up about lines, and guys in yellow jackets that are faster or slower than me.
    Last edited by Canada1; 10-28-2016 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Because I can

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    How about this one:
    Assholes who rail right up behind you on a hill and expect you to let them by RIGHT THAT SECOND when all you want to do is find a decent place to pull over, not in the shrubbery.
    On a hill, meaning uphill?

I'm pretty surprised anyone wouldn't let people get to a good spot, up or down. I've never experienced this or seen this before, that would be annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    This is inconceivable to me. I guess it depends on the trails you ride but I've literally never heard anyone say they had a dropper and went back to a rigid post.
    I hear ya! I would rather ride a hardtail with dropper than a fs without. Doesn't mean I can't bitch about them! My fav has been the 3 position specialized. 3 years strong, 3 different bikes. Cable replacement only. On the winter bike now so lets see how much it loves a Canadian winter!

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    On a hill, meaning uphill?

I'm pretty surprised anyone wouldn't let people get to a good spot, up or down. I've never experienced this or seen this before, that would be annoying.
    it does not happen often because for some reason mountain bikers are generally awesome and whenever one is not, the awesomeness of the others makes the non awesome feel bad about himself and change his ways.

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle23 View Post
    Where is Rontele when you need him?
    You should PM him.

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Dick size? or worlds smallest violin? Hard to tell from the photo. Nice base layer. I think I have the same vest...

Honestly at a shop a question like 'do you get rad' and the response answers most of what you need to know about how to set someone up.
    He was questioning why she needed to demo a particular bike because she is a girl and the bike was more burly than what he owned and he didn't like it when he rode it. I see what you are getting at but my rant was about shop boys talking down to my wife like she is a child, not good shop boys asking relevant questions. I was there, you'll have to trust me on this, and no one asked if I got rad.

But if they did , I would have yelled YOU KNOW IT, BABY!!!!!! OH YEAH!!!!!!! /highfivestoeveryone

And if they had not already guessed it they would have known for sure you are a tool.

I remember the circumstances of that photo MTM. Nicely played.

And if they had not already guessed it they would have known for sure you are a tool.
    I agreed with you that it can be a relevant question but I politely explained to you how this was different....and I'm a tool?

For someone ranting about this place not being funny, you sure ain't helping bro. Unless you have worked at a bike shop and took offense for some weird reason THAT would be funny, and that would make a lot of sense. Ha. Do you ask people if they get rad?????? Kidwoo wants to go to your shop, where is it?!!

I'm not a bro

Anyone have anything they'd like to rant about?

But yes I worked at a shop a long time and if you actually responded the way you said you would I would have judged you as a tool. It is not a hard question.
    Last edited by LaBelle23; 10-28-2016 at 09:21 PM.

Our local bike shops wouldnt survive treating women badly... Its not 50/50 men/women, yet, but there are TONS of really rad woman riders here. Probably at least a third of the other riders are female.

Actually, the only real bad bike shop experience I had was before I bought a bike. I went into a shop trying to get a feel for what size bike I needed... anyways, the shop person told be I couldnt ride galby on a hard tail, I couldnt ride galby with out taking jumps and drops, which, again, I couldnt do on a hardtail. If I did not buy a full suspension bike I would have no fun....

that person was a woman...

No shop should survive if they're treating any customers badly. What fucking dipshit is going to say "oh, I don't know, are you cool enough to ride this $5000 bike?"
    Last edited by jamal; 10-29-2016 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    Our local bike shops wouldnt survive treating women badly... Its not 50/50 men/women, yet, but there are TONS of really rad woman riders here. Probably at least a third of the other riders are female.

Actually, the only real bad bike shop experience I had was before I bought a bike. I went into a shop trying to get a feel for what size bike I needed... anyways, the shop person told be I couldnt ride galby on a hard tail, I couldnt ride galby with out taking jumps and drops, which, again, I couldnt do on a hardtail. If I did not buy a full suspension bike I would have no fun....

that person was a woman...
    Why you no get rad?

Please.

Everyone.

Get rad.

Then we'll be prepared for these challenging bike shop confrontations.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

I get way radder than I ever thought was possible!

Fucking trail sanitizing, line dumb-downing assholes.

And I have to add that bitching about the reverb is so 2012. What else are you going to do? We've all drank the kool aid and aren't going back so why not just deal? You just need to have 2 and know it needs a full rebuild at least once every season if you ride a lot.
    ^This. Have 4 Reverb Stealths in the fleet. One older Gravity Dropper turbo is around in case...

I've got the bleed and service routine dialed @ this point. Always have a rebuild kit; order up a new one whenever it gets used. Bulk fluid buy. Worth it for the functionality!
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Horse sh*t on the trail. Please, respect the other user groups and I don't want to hear the manure argument. It came out of your horses ass.
    Oh yeah, thanks a bunch for cleaning out your trailer at the parking lot. That's super awesome.
    Last edited by Powder Ho; 10-29-2016 at 03:12 PM.

People that take trail signs as souvenirs.

Bike parts that cut out material to lower the weight, but it just fills up with dirt and mud. Like the bridge of the fork.

I want a single button remote control to lock out both front and rear suspension.

Boutique brands that do no engineering and just add logos to Chinese frames.

Most of kickstarter bike related projects that try and cram technology into bikes.

People that think that bike lanes cause traffic jams.

Anyone have anything they'd like to rant about?

Quote Originally Posted by deliberate View Post
    I want a single button remote control to lock out both front and rear suspension.
    These exist.

http://www.ridefox.com/help.php?m=bike&id=620

Not sure if there is an equivalent for rockshox.
    Last edited by sethschmautz; 10-29-2016 at 03:36 PM.

But yes I worked at a shop a long time and if you actually responded the way you said you would I would have judged you as a tool. It is not a hard question.
    Not many can handle my supreme radness, you are forgiven.

And my rant is why is this place not funny anymore? So serious or arguments about stupid BS. But I just ride and don't get into the minutia so what the hell do I know. Where is Rontele when you need him?
    Agreed, sprockets has gotten week. People getting butt hurt when you poke fun or try to have any. Personally I miss the sarcastic asshole comments. I blame the East Coast contingent as well as the Colorado fuckers.... probably the Californians too.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1477887324584.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	191409

Creaky cinch cranks, and POS plastic pinch bolt.
    Put some spacers in and it's holding, and quiet.

For now...
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1477887324584.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	191409

Creaky cinch cranks, and POS plastic pinch bolt.
    Put some spacers in and it's holding, and quiet.

For now...
    Shit just picked up some sixc's. Put a hope bb in . So far so good. Worried I might fack up that plastic adjuster. Quite pleased I got them together. That should be alum and the Allen key bolt should be bigger or deeper hole for the wrench. Fkn rf. they do spin like crazy though