Page 44 of 241 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 6022
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    Chicanes, those fucking things annoy the shit out of me.

If you really want to control speed through high traffic areas build a bike specific trail, not a choke point that funnels people into a narrow path prime for conflict.
    At a local park a number of years back they created rock garden "calming" features at the bottom of a very busy trail. Problem was, the embedded rocks were best hit at FULL speed... which, as you can imagine, failed to do what the park folks intended.

So they added chicanes. Which are fucking awful.

Cold rainy spring weather ruining our usual bug free, leafless [so great nightlines] early season riding.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    leafless [so great nightlines] early season riding.
    This literally disappeared in 48 hours here. Once day, things were budding, the next they were full foliage. I'm getting better at maximizing my Spring riding, but I'm still always surprised at how quick it turns to Summer riding. Next up is the rush to get some big backcountry rides in before they're overgrown.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    The glacial pace at which ligaments repair themselves.
    . I shared with you I am attempting to fix a rotator cuff. I received a steroid injection and it has really helped. I know it only masks symptoms, but it has made my sleep and activities better while trying to heal and do Physical Therapy.

Pain isn't really an issue any more and my ROM is good, which is almost a problem unto itself. It feels like I could go get after right now, but I know that the AC ligament is still very fragile and one dumb move could set me back weeks. Definitely can't risk crashing.

Hope the Reign is working out for you!

How did they get this photo of me? See anything unusual?

^^^ Mirror image?

Only one GoPro mount. Drivetrain is on the wrong side

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    This literally disappeared in 48 hours here. Once day, things were budding, the next they were full foliage. I'm getting better at maximizing my Spring riding, but I'm still always surprised at how quick it turns to Summer riding. Next up is the rush to get some big backcountry rides in before they're overgrown.
    Won't be surprised if it leafs in a day. Trout Lilys are all out, but no flowers, and I am usually riding through a carpet of blooms by now. 7 day forecast looks like more thrashing in the starting gates.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Fucking specialized. Friend gave me a good deal on a set of roval carbon wheels, got some new tires on them, cassette swapped over, and uh, hey, this is weird why is the chain rubbing on the frame. Oh, it's 142+ a thing specialized did where they made the hub flanges slightly farther apart, moving the freehub over 2mm but still having 12x142 spacing. Cool, great. Guess I'm back to shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    Fucking specialized. Friend gave me a good deal on a set of roval carbon wheels, got some new tires on them, cassette swapped over, and uh, hey, this is weird why is the chain rubbing on the frame. Oh, it's 142+ a thing specialized did where they made the hub flanges slightly farther apart, moving the freehub over 2mm but still having 12x142 spacing. Cool, great. Guess I'm back to shopping.
    Can't you just fix that by having them redished?

Sounds like Specializeds special hub dimensions are the problem, not the wheel rubbing on frame.

Fuck specialized.

For this video as well. Yeah lets just go free ball it down steep hill slopes in closed areas that recently burned.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/video-...alifornia.html

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    <snip>

Fuck specialized.
    QFT.

Sounds like Specializeds special hub dimensions are the problem, not the wheel rubbing on frame.

Fuck specialized.

For this video as well. Yeah lets just go free ball it down steep hill slopes in closed areas that recently burned.

On an ebike.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Expect to see that in email blasts from the Sierra Club, Wilderness Society, et al. shortly. JFC.

Looks like fun, I have to admit, and you could probably do a ton of laps on an ebike. And random appearance of Tim from RATM, ha.

But why make a video?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Expect to see that in email blasts from the Sierra Club, Wilderness Society, et al. shortly. JFC.
    Srsly. WTF is wrong with people?

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    But why make a video?
    That fuckin kid.

A friend of mine built a ton of huge jumps at his house years ago (mommy and daddy paid him). Then he shows up in a magazine and let them just think he'd built them all and took the accolades.

Just another privileged malibu brat who wants to be loved.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Fuck specialized.
    Friends don't let friends ride Specialized.

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    Can't you just fix that by having them redished?
    The dish is fine, what they did was move the flanges a little farther apart while keeping 142mm spacing. So the freehub sits 2mm farther toward the driveside, I looked a little closer and it's the cassette lockring itself that contacts the dropout and the wheel doesn't want to turn with the axle tightened up (and obviously the chain rubs too in the 11t). All the 12x142mm specialized frames after like 2012 or so apparently have extra clearance at the dropout to use these. I suppose if I had like 1-1.5mm machined off the inside of the derailleur hanger it might work.

https://media.specialized.com/suppor...0000010510.pdf

Pretty disappointed because they're really nice and light wheels and in great shape otherwise. dt240 hubs and I think under 1400g. Thankfully my friend said they'd take them back if they don't work.

Followup rant: why does everyone on pinkbike and ebay want like $600 for an old set of stans wheels. Just want something decently light for $400 or less. Non-boost, ideally around 25mm internal width, 6-bolt rotors, shimano freehub but either would work.
    Last edited by jamal; 05-29-2019 at 12:45 PM.

Followup rant: why does everyone on pinkbike and ebay want like $600 for an old set of stans wheels. Just want something decently light for $400 or less. Non-boost, ideally around 25mm internal width, 6-bolt rotors, shimano freehub but either would work.
    You need 27.5 or 29?

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    You need 27.5 or 29?
    29. I thought I had my wheel setup figured out and had stopped looking so it's kind of annoying to be trying to track something down as racing is starting. My rear is not in good shape.

29. I thought I had my wheel setup figured out and had stopped looking so it's kind of annoying to be trying to track something down as racing is starting. My rear is not in good shape.
    Gotcha. I have a set of non boost 27.5's I'm kinda looking to get rid of, but that doesn't do you any good.

Jamal I assume you've checked this but just in case; is there a cassette spacer between the cassette and the flange that you can take out?
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

The dish is fine, what they did was move the flanges a little farther apart while keeping 142mm spacing. So the freehub sits 2mm farther toward the driveside, I looked a little closer and it's the cassette lockring itself that contacts the dropout and the wheel doesn't want to turn with the axle tightened up (and obviously the chain rubs too in the 11t). All the 12x142mm specialized frames after like 2012 or so apparently have extra clearance at the dropout to use these. I suppose if I had like 1-1.5mm machined off the inside of the derailleur hanger it might work.
    https://media.specialized.com/suppor...0000010510.pdf
    OK that IS retarded.