Page 3 of 238 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    I'd like to rant about the complete lack of this question getting asked to me in bike shops.

Seriously, I'd pay extra for that. It would be so worth it.
    Wear a nice skirt, maybe it will happen.

And for the record, it was "Do you like to get gnarly?" not "Do you get rad?", my memory was off a bit.

Math is hard but on that subject I'm pretty sure its cheaper to buy a bike off the showroom floor than try to build your own
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Dropper posts that needlessly fail. Dropper posts that need to be told how great they are and that they are worth it. "Look dropper post... I don't give a shit about your sensitive feelings. Fucking work damn it!"
    And before you tell me about your (brand) dropper post that has been going strong for 3 years with spit as lube. Shut it. Don't want to hear it.
    Thanks, that feels better.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Math is hard but on that subject I'm pretty sure its cheaper to buy a bike off the showroom floor than try to build your own
    Didn't someone add up all the individual component prices on some high end santa cruz and come up with a price lower than msrp?

I'm building my own road bike next year because I can re-use some of my parts to save money. Basically just need a frame, part of a group, and some decent wheels. Everything mid range comes with fucking mavics and I already have two sets of those I'm tempted to throw in the trash.

People that do not promptly move out of the way when you come skidding up behind them. They look behind them, they see you and they just keep riding. Fuck those people

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Tires that last more than few hundred miles would be nice. My car tires are almost as much as my bike tires and they last 40,000 miles.
    Just wait for the new wheel standard - SuperBoost:

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    People that do not promptly move out of the way when you come skidding up behind them. They look behind them, they see you and they just keep riding. Fuck those people
    Yes! You just made eye contact with me, you wanker, pull over. I figure some are beginners and don't know what to do, maybe I'm wrong.

Or the people who stop in the middle of the trail and then start riding without looking to see if anyone was coming. I was just about to say hi and pass goddamn it, pay attention.

Anyone have anything they'd like to rant about?

Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post
    Dropper posts that needlessly fail. Dropper posts that need to be told how great they are and that they are worth it. "Look dropper post... I don't give a shit about your sensitive feelings. Fucking work damn it!"
    And before you tell me about your (brand) dropper post that has been going strong for 3 years with spit as lube. Shut it. Don't want to hear it.
    Thanks, that feels better.
    X2 . Race face turbine loses air and needs that slick shit added waaaay to often. Air valve buried under the seat clamp is bs(what a stoopid design). Ridiculous price and they want me to pay an extra $80 for the under bar shifter option. I blame adidas

Stoked on my Dvo fork, saint brakes and running a coil rear shock on the little bike(all 3 have been massive improvements)
    Last edited by grinch; 10-27-2016 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    Just wait for the new wheel standard - SuperBoost:
    Super boost is already a thing.

You better call it Ultra Boost. Or Boost Plaid.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Wear a nice skirt, maybe it will happen.
    Nope. Still didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    And for the record, it was "Do you like to get gnarly?" not "Do you get rad?", my memory was off a bit.

All the above and equivalents would make my life awesome. It's like the sketchy kid in high school who would lean over and whisper "hey you like to party?" when all he really had to say was "do you smoke the weed?" Instead you're sitting there possibly questioning his sexuality, or the possibility that he has rohyphenol in his pocket.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    It's kinda worth it watching people hamster wheeling trying to get away from you and failing though. Hamster wheeling meaning trying way too hard in way too small of a gear.
    Last edited by kidwoo; 10-27-2016 at 07:30 PM.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Get the fuck out of here! I thought they'd at least have the decency to wait another year or two.

How about this one:
    Assholes who rail right up behind you on a hill and expect you to let them by RIGHT THAT SECOND when all you want to do is find a decent place to pull over, not in the shrubbery.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Get the fuck out of here! I thought they'd at least have the decency to wait another year or two.
    It's just a dh hub. It's what those morons should have done in the first place instead of dicking around with that 148mm nonsense.

When your internet friends fight over who's got the right of way on the trail. Sad making. Frown Face.
    However many are in a shit ton.

It's just a dh hub. It's what those morons should have done in the first place instead of dicking around with that 148mm nonsense.
    This. This is why Boost is no different than 6 minute abs.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    How about this one:
    Assholes who rail right up behind you on a hill and expect you to let them by RIGHT THAT SECOND when all you want to do is find a decent place to pull over, not in the shrubbery.
    yeah, I had a guy get right behind me on one of the downhill/freeride trails at galby in a challenging (for me) corner and I didn't know he was there until he was right on top of me, and I pulled off into the brush just because I almost thought he was going to hit me...

Another guy just last week got kind of pissed at me because I didnt get out of the way fast enough as he was coming up this steep spot that I was about to go down.. I stepped off the trail as soon as I saw him, but there isn't a much line of sight..

Honestly, though mtnbikers are so friendly and nice here that anything like that is a rarity. Mountain bikers are shockingly awesome, for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I'd also love to know what "high-end" frame/shock combo you can get new for $1,000.
    An old outdated 26" hardtail.

Dear touchhole mtn biker hardcore road weenies -

If you're so fn core and super duper fast and someone is riding down in front of you that is slower. Stop and wait then go as fast as you want. It's just as much their right to be there as yours. Or just go back to the road where the assholes ride.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    X2 . Race face turbine loses air and needs that slick shit added waaaay to often. Air valve buried under the seat clamp is bs(what a stoopid design). Ridiculous price and they want me to pay an extra $80 for the under bar shifter option. I blame adidas

Stoked on my Dvo fork, saint brakes and running a coil rear shock on the little bike(all 3 have been massive improvements)
    I gave up on Reverbs and thought the Turbine was the answer to my unreliable dropper post issues. I guess not.

I had a Reverb on each of my bikes now I have a rigid post on each one. I'm starting to question if they're even worth it.

The spacing is the same, but the flanges are wider.

But yeah. Boost is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    If you add up your pricing it's $3000-$3500 you retard.
    Hahahah. Gotcha!

Honestly at a shop a question like 'do you get rad' and the response answers most of what you need to know about how to set someone up. And no skirt necessary. Though yoga pants might get you more than what you came in for ;-) Carharrts, a hoody, and a quick convo never has failed me.

And my rant is why is this place not funny anymore? So serious or arguments about stupid BS. But I just ride and don't get into the minutia so what the hell do I know. Where is Rontele when you need him?

And I have to add that bitching about the reverb is so 2012. What else are you going to do? We've all drank the kool aid and aren't going back so why not just deal? You just need to have 2 and know it needs a full rebuild at least once every season if you ride a lot.