Page 30 of 247 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    People who say brown pow. Not much of a rant but fuck it annoys the shit out of me(maybe should be in the other thread).
    Agreed.

My rant: frame can't carry bottle inside, but don't want to wear a pack, and bottle cage under the down tube won't look cool when I do Sweet Jumps. Perhaps soft bottle stowed in chamois crotch? Drink some water at the car and hold it in my cheeks until I need it? There is no good solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddball View Post
    Agreed.

My rant: frame can't carry bottle inside, but don't want to wear a pack, and bottle cage under the down tube won't look cool when I do Sweet Jumps. Perhaps soft bottle stowed in chamois crotch? Drink some water at the car and hold it in my cheeks until I need it? There is no good solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Does anyone make watertight bar plugs? Could get a bit of water in there I guess. I did just buy some orange-flavored sealant so I guess water in my tires might work too.

These won't look cool doing Sweet jumps either, but they work well

https://www.revelatedesigns.com/inde...ountainFeedbag

Quote Originally Posted by Toddball View Post
    Agreed.

Name:  speedfil_SF-SM-00-03-med.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  26.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Name:  speedfil_SF-SM-00-03-med.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  26.1 KB
    That's a really long stem.

Anyone have anything they'd like to rant about?

Ah, but since it mounts to the stem cap, it’ll work on just about any stem.
    Last edited by Flyoverland Captive; 07-13-2018 at 02:31 PM.

fuck thieves
    put this toolbox out at local bike park to store shovel/rake/sifter/bucket/broom/etc and some asshat drilled the damn lock out within the first week, didnt steal a damn thing, but now its not secure and idk wtf the solution will be, fuck theives

Name:  drilled lock.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  83.8 KB

also i broke ANOTHER spray nozzle... no matter what kind i buy the thing breaks within a few weeks, cheapo plastic, $$$ metal, basic style, adjustable style, firehose style, they all suck

^^^ Shit heads here have been cutting down fences put up by the rangers to keep people out of closed areas. For the longest time people would just ride around some of the fences to get to the closed trails, which was bad enough. IMO some blame goes to the City for thinking that simply putting up a closed sign or fence will keep people out (this has never worked for bikes, hikers, horses, dog walkers, neighborhood kids, 4x4s, grow ops, homeless camps, people dumping, etc etc). They finally brought in an ACE crew to pile shit on the trails and close them down physically. A small number of people have since removed all that debris and reopened the trails. Now they have started just cutting down sections of fence to access those trails. This was a high profile area locally that was subject of a 6-7 year battle to reopen some of the trails. CA Fish & Wildlife has been monitoring this situation and is using it as a reason to reject MTB access in other areas it oversees. I poach plenty of trails myself but do it discretely as possible. Bringing negative publicity by cutting down fences and removing debris is fucking stupid. Nice work assholes....

Quote Originally Posted by forty View Post

also i broke ANOTHER spray nozzle... no matter what kind i buy the thing breaks within a few weeks, cheapo plastic, $$$ metal, basic style, adjustable style, firehose style, they all suck
    https://www.amazon.com/A2004-Classic...98595826&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    That's a really long stem.
    Just here to LOL at this!
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

There's this little piece of dirt that lives in my goggles.
    Mostly resides on the left side, but occasionally visits the right. I've tried and tried to convince him to move out, resorting to vigorous shaking, tapping, shouting, washing, poking, etc.
    Sometimes I think optimistically that he's decided not to join me, but usually by the first or second jump he decides to make an appearance. Amazing powers of weightlessness and precision, he is able to hover right in front of my eye, taunting me and saying "I love you, I'm here for you, Let's kiss and become one".
    Usually as I approach the tranny of a beginner sized table, he makes his first effort to really connect. If I'm feeling spry and anticipate his advances, I can fend them off with a squint or well timed blink. But frequently enough his persistent efforts reward him like Pepe Le Pew the rape-y cartoon skunk.
    Curiously, he sometime brings a friend and I see in stereo as they both rise to meet my bilateral orbits and attempt a menage a trois with my face. Fucking curse.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Schwalbe. Three Rocket Ron's this summer. Tread tearing off and tires tearing on a bike ridden by a 130# kid. My kid was just told he will now have to chose from Specialized, Maxxis or Kenda. I will not spend another $ on a Schwalbe product.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Schwalbe. Three Rocket Ron's this summer. Tread tearing off and tires tearing on a bike ridden by a 130# kid. My kid was just told he will now have to chose from Specialized, Maxxis or Kenda. I will not spend another $ on a Schwalbe product.
    throw some Maxxis DHFs on there and forget about tires for the next year or two.

The dickhead at SRAM who decided to used torx screws in their bar clamps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    The dickhead at SRAM who decided to used torx screws in their bar clamps.
    Lol. That reminds me... I need to rotate my brake/shifters forward a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Kenda? Do you hate this kid?

Here is one.

Did a nice ride down near West Yellowstone yesterday. CDT from Targhee pass over Reas Pass to Big Springs.

Awesome ride, not very technical, good layout, not hard climbing, pretty good views, excellent downhill, no berms but quite flowy.

Horses and Horse Back riders. We came across 3 different groups. They were friendly, we were friendly, we gave them right of way until they could move well off the trail to let us pass. We started to walk our bikes past and the head honcho (a lady) said, don't worry about that, these horses are trained to be around bikes, you can ride by, so we did.

They waved we wished them well and so on and so forth.

It was an awesome day except those riders ruined my stereotype that horse people are assholes. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    Here is one.

Did a nice ride down near West Yellowstone yesterday. CDT from Targhee pass over Reas Pass to Big Springs.

Awesome ride, not very technical, good layout, not hard climbing, pretty good views, excellent downhill, no berms but quite flowy.

Horses and Horse Back riders. We came across 3 different groups. They were friendly, we were friendly, we gave them right of way until they could move well off the trail to let us pass. We started to walk our bikes past and the head honcho (a lady) said, don't worry about that, these horses are trained to be around bikes, you can ride by, so we did.

They waved we wished them well and so on and so forth.

It was an awesome day except those riders ruined my stereotype that horse people are assholes. Grrrrrrrrrrr.
    Ha. Despite my complaining about horse people, I really haven't had any negative interactions with them.

Same here. We'll, besides the shit dodging and occasional literal shit eating. Much preferable to cow shit, though.

Yup, lots of good on-the-trail experiences with horse folks.

Of course, then they show up to meetings with the land managers and throw a shit fit until bikes get banned on all the good backcountry rides. But yeah, on the trail, they're pleasant enough.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Ha. Despite my complaining about horse people, I really haven't had any negative interactions with them.
    Kinda like MTB, the entitled few give the large majority a bad name.

I don’t run into the asshole horse people because what I hate about them is riding the trails when they’re too wet, putting huge hoof holes in the trail. I’m specifically not riding then to preserve the trail.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I believe some of them are specifically riding the trails then because you're not. Seems like it around here, anyway.

I’m thinking of two specific instances, one you may be right, but the other one they’re definitely trying to F up with the trail.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda