Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24
    Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    Not sure if this is a Bozeman problem or widespread.

Fatbikes/snowbikes are getting more and more popular.

Around here, most set track/groomed track is closed to us.

A friend was down at Grand Targhee and showed some awesome pictures of the trail system down there. Traditional, skate and snowbikes all sharing and getting along just fine.
    The GNF did their travel plan a couple years before fat bikes blew up, so nobody thought twice about a restriction on wheeled travel over snow. But most Nordic groomers do keep bikes off- same with our Nordic club.

Targhee actually has bike-only winter trails. The trails are too narrow and the turns are too tight for XC skis. Itís an awesome option when your weekend is booked in advance and one day of groomers is enough.

Hunters shooting mountain bikers. Yeah, that is a rant most can get behind.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    I read about that one in your 'hood yesterday. Sounds like an inexcusable occurrence.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    I agree. Far too many mountainbikers on trails these days.

Just looked up the story. Jesus Christ. That could have been bad. I ride a lot in the great Nevada desert which is reno for 'where we take the family 50 cal'. Not hunting, because hunting puts far fewer bullets flying over your head. That shit's getting a little excessive.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I'm seriously considering getting a REALLY loud bluetooth speaker and blaring at all times on the way down:

Col Kilgore screaming, "Charlie don't go uphill on your track!"

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I read about that one in your 'hood yesterday. Sounds like an inexcusable occurrence.
    It is inexcusable, but I hope she took all the precautions.

One thing I try not to do is ride at dawn or dusk during hunting season, but I think if one does, they should have their lights on. I don't ride then out of respect for the hunters. It's the best time to hunt apparently. We all know there are a bunch of knucklehead hunters out there, so going over the top to protect yourself is in your best interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I've ranted about people who climb Ghost Falls before. That annoys me, but if I encounter anyone climbing Jacob's who isn't obviously a clueless noob I would have a hard time not being openly hostile.
    Well, it happened. I gave the guy an earful but had to keep it PG because the kiddo was with me, which was probably for the best. So fucking stupid.