Page 128 of 238 FirstFirst ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 5949

Anyone have anything they'd like to rant about?

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Ive taken a lot of new riders over the years before emtb's and , especially the young bucks, they think theyre going to be off the front up and down. Theyre active prople, skiers , boarders so they think theyre flying on the downs but theyre blocking everyone that has ridden an mtb. Par for the course. Theyll learn. We have our ways ive showing them. Whining on the internet isnt one of them

Not sure how this is relevant to the discussion at all.

This is the rant thread no? I’m ranting about a shitty rider who, over the 10 or so rides I’ve been on with the club, is consistently trying to ride at the front of the pack and doesn’t have the technical ability to clear what many of us here would consider easy obstacles on climbs. He’s also slow as fuck on the downs. Oh, and he happens to ride a moped so just thought I’d point that out too.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Figured it was the local cycling club/association weekly ride
    Bingo

When I here club ride, I think of road ride hammer fest. Carry on

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Not sure how this is relevant to the discussion at all.

This is the rant thread no? I’m ranting about a shitty rider who, over the 10 or so rides I’ve been on with the club, is consistently trying to ride at the front of the pack and doesn’t have the technical ability to clear what many of us here would consider easy obstacles on climbs. He’s also slow as fuck on the downs. Oh, and he happens to ride a moped so just thought I’d point that out too.

Bingo
    Im sure he fifhts an inner battle.

He's either trying to fuck you up because youre a dick or he's trying to slow you down because youre clueless and running shit tires that would explode if he didnt slow you

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    I was overly generous and offered $400 back. I did end up selling the frame anyway. She proceeded to argue with me so I offered $400 or nothing.

She told me about the bad karma I would get for “ripping off a 60 year old woman”.

Correct me if I’m wrong here, but I’m pretty sure I was being pretty generous with my deposit refund offer.
    You don't have to give a deposit back so you were more than generous, you might not have sold the frame, or for less $ or it might have cost you more money or any number of things migh go sideways

I've had people try to reneg on deals ( suite rentals) and I tell them you signed a deal now you have lost that money but if I'm not out of pocket you might get it back so help me rent the place
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Grinch making four posts justifying why he takes his E Bikes to club rides.

I havent done that but i would. Just saying all newbs E or not E need to learn their place so everyone can go there speed. Raz the guy. A little friendly shit talk so he knows how shit works. You think he's stopping these whining hacks from being world champions? Its a club ride and whining about it on the interwebz is equivalent to Karen warming up before she takes it to management.
    E or no E you'd be in my way bud. Get the fkn led out or im taking the inside with elbows up!

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    You don't have to give a deposit back so you were more than generous, you might not have sold the frame, or for less $ or it might have cost you more money or any number of things migh go sideways

I've had people try to reneg on deals ( suite rentals) and I tell them you signed a deal now you have lost that money but if I'm not out of pocket you might get it back so help me rent the place
    I just tell people it isn't sold until I get full payment in hand. End of story. Too many flakes out there.

Currently building out a frame. Son orders a shock. Pays extra for three day shipping. Three days pass, calls California based super internet store. “That shock won’t be available from fox until at least October.” It’s listed as special order.
    It had changed to special order since. Fortunately other stores still had some and didn’t give it to their internal bud network. Inventory is coming back up. Your fulfillment can’t suck. Stop making you tubes and run your damn shop. Now all 100 families he’ll coach this week will hear about how you screwed him and didn’t even pick up a phone to let us know.

Rant over. I am lucky to have amazing local shops.

e13.

Everything from this company sucks. Their tires are the hardest tires to put on rims that I have found. Their cassettes are worthless and last 150-500 miles. They should be banned from making anything bike-related. Thought I'd throw some e13 tires (i got for cheap) on this morning and then go for a ride before work, well 1.5 hr later and I'm not riding. What a bunch of garbage products.

Plastic bags of (I assume) dog shit on the trail. Especially when left for days/forever.
    Why?
    I can't leave a bag of trash on the trail to get on the way out. Why is dog shit ok? It's worse.
    Yes it's gross to carry but you have a dog. That's part of the deal.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Plastic bags of (I assume) dog shit on the trail. Especially when left for days/forever.
    Why?
    I can't leave a bag of trash on the trail to get on the way out. Why is dog shit ok? It's worse.
    Yes it's gross to carry but you have a dog. That's part of the deal.
    Yeah the whole "I'll just leave it directly in the middle of the trail so I don't miss it on the way out" school of thought is so ridiculous
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Yeah the whole "I'll just leave it directly in the middle of the trail so I don't miss it on the way out" school of thought is so ridiculous
    So, I agree 100%, but I also don't like hiking with dog shit on the way up. What I do is bag my dog's shit, leave it out of sight, and then when I hike back I put on gloves and pick up every shit bag on the way back - my current high score is in the 30's on dog lake.

I carry gloves and a full sized bag just for this purpose. I figure picking up everyone else's bag is penance for leaving my bag for an hour or two.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    e13.

Everything from this company sucks. Their tires are the hardest tires to put on rims that I have found. Their cassettes are worthless and last 150-500 miles. They should be banned from making anything bike-related. Thought I'd throw some e13 tires (i got for cheap) on this morning and then go for a ride before work, well 1.5 hr later and I'm not riding. What a bunch of garbage products.
    Hahaha yes. Their rims are so soft, I bet you could dent them mounting up their shitty tires. I feel sorry for any poor SOB who ends up being sponsored by them. They make CB look decent.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    So, I agree 100%, but I also don't like hiking with dog shit on the way up. What I do is bag my dog's shit, leave it out of sight, and then when I hike back I put on gloves and pick up every shit bag on the way back - my current high score is in the 30's on dog lake.

I carry gloves and a full sized bag just for this purpose. I figure picking up everyone else's bag is penance for leaving my bag for an hour or two.

Thanks for cleaning up. Maybe people leave it thinking someone else will clean it up.
    I don't like hiking with dirty diaper on the way up either. But I do.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

There was extensive discussion about the dog shit bags a month or so ago, I forget which thread.

Maybe it was this one??

Anyways, yeah. That sucks.

You hike in a diaper? Wouldn’t it be easier to just dig a cat hole if you need to dump?

Thanks for cleaning up. Maybe people leave it thinking someone else will clean it up.
    Yeah, not a perfect solution but I can safely say I have picked up hundreds of more poop bags than I have left. Whatever it takes to sleep well at night I guess. I often wonder if all the people who leave their bags think that it's just the dog poop fairy who cleans up after them. Fuck those fuckers who leave them untied, that's the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    leave it out of sight
    That's the key difference for me. I don't mind the bags left on the side of the trail or out of sight since nobody wants to carry their dog's shit the whole time but I often see bags directly in the middle to the point where every person has to step or ride around them just so the owner can "remember" to pick it up yet they probably still won't

Good on you for cleaning up. Though now others will get used to there being a poopy fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

I think anyone diligent enough to bag it is planning to pick it up on the way down and then forgets, otherwise why bother with a bag ?

It’s the forgetting that is egregious, and worthy of scorn. Intentional? Punishable by putting it on their windshield.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I think anyone diligent enough to bag it is planning to pick it up on the way down and then forgets, otherwise why bother with a bag ?
    that is just not the case. i'd estimate that over half of people who bag their dog's shit have no intention of picking it up again.

signed, someone who has picked up a shit load of shit

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    It’s the forgetting that is egregious, and worthy of scorn. Intentional? Punishable by putting it on their windshield.
    i believe under the door handles is the correct nomenclature

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    You hike in a diaper? Wouldn’t it be easier to just dig a cat hole if you need to dump?
    And if you do take a dump in your diaper on the way up, I gotta think you’ll get all kinds of diaper rash just hiking in your shit. Stop and clean up, man.

Do you at least go last/stay downwind?
    focus.

Spent three days trying to figure out a derailer alignment issue before I figured out my kid had put one of his pulleys on backwards. I am a dumb ass!!

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    I can't spare a microsecond when I am going for the FKT at the local dog park.
    I have the new Collab between ultimate direction and depends called "Diaperspeed"
    I <heart> hot tele-moms